Hey guys, I've spotted a BYOC Shredder for 80AUD new and was wondering... can it get heavy like lamb of god, trivium etc.. i played a boss metalcore and metalzone today... way to fuzzy, i remember playing them ML ages ago and it was great, guess my ear has developed.

Thanks!

They said this mod will get you more gain -
R4 is 10k ohm in the schematics.
Changing that into a lower resistance like 1k ohm or 1.5k ohm, will increase the drive gain 10x.

Is that hard to do :S?
Quote by slickerthnsleek
YOU WIN THE INTERNET.
Quote by dxpaintball8000
long live bucketmark.
Good to see your ear has developed. I played that pedal the other day and it didn't just sound bad, it actually caused my ears pain. -.-

I'ver never heard of that pedal be4, but a EHX metal muff should get those tones pretty well if the BYOC shredder doesn't work out.

In the end, if you are looking for better tone you need to have a good foundation- your amp. If you are buying pedals looking to make your crap amp sound good it won't work... save up for a new amp unless you already have a tube amp. Pedals generally don't sound good with ss amps.
My gear:
PRS SE custom
~!~--Peavey XXX super 40 EFX --~!~
Peavey VK 112

===WGS Vet30
===JJ power tubes

---Pedals:
-ISP Decimator
-Digitech Bad Monkey
-Crybaby wah
-Korg Pitchblack
-Danelectro FnC EQ
I have an SS and im just getting a pedal now for time being, When i get my tube amp i can sell my SS for like $220 and make $50-$60 off it .
I just love my amps cleans.. i really do.
Quote by slickerthnsleek
YOU WIN THE INTERNET.
Quote by dxpaintball8000
long live bucketmark.
The BYOC is based off a Marshall Shredmaster. Only person I know who used it is Jonny Greenwood, and what he plays is far from metal. Then again, you should be able to get a nice metal sound out of it on your amp's clean channel.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Solder fume huffer σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Electronic Audio Experiments
Johnny Greenwood of Radiohead and Kevin Shields of My Bloody Valentine use them (well, the original marshall pedal). The Shredmaster it's based off of a JCM 800's distortion, so if you're using it for uber brutal, tech death or stuff like that, it's probably not the best. But for really fat crunch that can get heavy, it's awesome.
I'm just going for like.. Modern Metal.
Lamb of God, Killswitch Engage & Trivium(They use JCM900's & JCM2000's could the pedal achieve that?)
I tried the metalcore and its so fizzy and so much low end.
Quote by slickerthnsleek
YOU WIN THE INTERNET.
Quote by dxpaintball8000
long live bucketmark.
Last edited by bucketmark at Jan 7, 2009,
Quote by bucketmark
I'm just going for like.. Modern Metal.
Lamb of God, Killswitch Engage & Trivium(They use JCM900's & JCM2000's could the pedal achieve that?)
I tried the metalcore and its so fizzy and so much low end.

Lamb of God uses Mark IV's last time I checked.

Killswitch uses 5150's, 6505's, Framus Cobras, and I think they used an Uberschall on one album (certain parts), not too sure. I've never, ever heard of Killswtich using JCM's......

Trivium I thought used 6505's..... could be wrong though. Not really a Trivium fan myself...
--

How do you say "I'm okay" to an answering machine?

--
Quote by stratman_13
Lamb of God uses Mark IV's last time I checked.

Killswitch uses 5150's, 6505's, Framus Cobras, and I think they used an Uberschall on one album (certain parts), not too sure. I've never, ever heard of Killswtich using JCM's......

Trivium I thought used 6505's..... could be wrong though. Not really a Trivium fan myself...

killswitch uses Mesa triple rectifiers and trivium uses a peavey 6505+
PSN USERNAME: MetuulGuitarist7
STEAM:MetuulGuitarist7
Origin:MetuulGuitarist7
feel free to add me
I'm talking about triviums tone >.< and i've personally talked to corey and matt and they have told me that use marshalls ALOT.
Corey uses Peavey Vypyrs for home haha.
Quote by slickerthnsleek
YOU WIN THE INTERNET.
Quote by dxpaintball8000
long live bucketmark.
Last edited by bucketmark at Jan 7, 2009,
I actually own (and built) a BYOC Shredder and really only enjoy the tones I get out of it when I'm pushing my amp.

It has a good scopped metal tone, but I really have to push my amp in order to make it cutting at all. The pedal also has a decent overdrive tone as well, but as far as metal goes, I only recommend it if you have a tube amp. You can apparently mod the pedal to take some of the woof out, but I'm terrible at reading schematics and I don't know where to buy the necessary capacitor.
Yeah they said you can change the resistor from 10kohm to like 1.5kohm and thats the hi-gain mod.
(is that hard?)
Quote by slickerthnsleek
YOU WIN THE INTERNET.
Quote by dxpaintball8000
long live bucketmark.