Right now I have a Takamine EF341SC and I'd like to upgrade to a Martin sometime in the next few months.

Here are few options, ranging in price. I'm curious as to what accounts for the differences in price and which is the best value. I'm not really a guru on all of the finer points so I thought I'd ask.

Martin 000C 16RGTE - $1,750
http://www.samash.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/product_000C%2016RGTE%20Aura%20Acoustic%20Electric%20Guitar_-1_10052_10002_-49990270_cmCategorySA182555

Martin JC-16RE Aura - $2,300
http://www.guitarcenter.com/Martin-JC-16RE-Aura-Acoustic-Electric-Guitar-103839643-i1168508.gc

Martin OMC AURA - $2,900
http://www.samash.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/product_OMC%20AURA%20Acoustic%20Electric%20Guitar_-1_10052_10002_-49966187_cmCategorySA182555

Thanks in advance!
Martin 000-15, check it out. I have been saving up for one, and it is only $949, and I played it next to other martins and taylors which were into the $3000 and everything inbetween, and this 000 beat out all of them...I am going to buy it this month, I only need about $100 more.
Quote by ReChord
Martin 000-15, check it out. I have been saving up for one, and it is only $949, and I played it next to other martins and taylors which were into the $3000 and everything inbetween, and this 000 beat out all of them...I am going to buy it this month, I only need about $100 more.

I've heard that this is a good guitar but it's got three issues for me. It's a straight acoustic (not a/e) and there's no cutout. Now that I've played a guitar with a cutout, I don't think I can go back. Also, I don't think it's as attractive as the others. If I'm going to be paying over $1,000 for a guitar, I want it to look great.

By the way, if you go to a Guitar Center or Sam Ashe, you can talk them down from $949. You might be able to go tomorrow!
Best value is up to your personal preferences.

As for the price differences... Quality levels of the wood may be a factor. Electronics will also account for some of the price.

There are probably some other little details that make the OMC much more expensive, but yeah...
Equipment:
- Art & Lutherie Cedar CW (SOLD! )
- Martin D-16RGT w/ LR Baggs M1 Active Soundhole Pickup
- Seagull 25th Anniversary Flame Maple w/ LR Baggs Micro EQ

Have an acoustic guitar? Don't let your guitar dry out! Click here.
The price difference is mostly due to materials.

The 000C 16RGTE has a micarta fingerboard and bridge.
The JC-16RE has solid striped ebony.
The OMC Aura has solid black ebony.

The 000C 16RGTE and the JC-16RE have abalone dots for fingerboard inlays.
The OMC Aura has pearl hexagons.

The 000C 16RGTE and the OMC Aura have solid East Indian rosewood back and sides.
The JC-16RE has solid European flamed maple back and sides.

I'm not sure what the finish on the 000C 16RGTE is, but the other two have polished gloss finishes on the entire body.

I'm also not certain about what the neck is made out of on the 000C 16RGTE, but I don't think it is solid wood. I want to say this series is the one with the striped laminate wood necks. The other two models will both have solid hardwood necks (most likely some kind of mahogany).

The OMC Aura has a fancier inlay on the body of the guitar than the other two models.

The OMC Aura has Gotoh tuners with Ebony buttons while the other two guitars have stock chrome tuners.

The OMC Aura comes with a much nicer molded case than the other two guitars.

The most important difference I see is that the OMC Aura has scalloped bracing, which is certainly preferable.
Quote by jimtaka
The price difference is mostly due to materials.

The 000C 16RGTE has a micarta fingerboard and bridge.
The JC-16RE has solid striped ebony.
The OMC Aura has solid black ebony.

The 000C 16RGTE and the JC-16RE have abalone dots for fingerboard inlays.
The OMC Aura has pearl hexagons.

The 000C 16RGTE and the OMC Aura have solid East Indian rosewood back and sides.
The JC-16RE has solid European flamed maple back and sides.

I'm not sure what the finish on the 000C 16RGTE is, but the other two have polished gloss finishes on the entire body.

I'm also not certain about what the neck is made out of on the 000C 16RGTE, but I don't think it is solid wood. I want to say this series is the one with the striped laminate wood necks. The other two models will both have solid hardwood necks (most likely some kind of mahogany).

The OMC Aura has a fancier inlay on the body of the guitar than the other two models.

The OMC Aura has Gotoh tuners with Ebony buttons while the other two guitars have stock chrome tuners.

The OMC Aura comes with a much nicer molded case than the other two guitars.

The most important difference I see is that the OMC Aura has scalloped bracing, which is certainly preferable.

Just what I was looking for. Thanks.

What effect would a laminate neck have on the sound?
I have a martin that's kinda like the first one I have a dc-16rgte it's awesome
Quote by emily92
I have a martin that's kinda like the first one I have a dc-16rgte it's awesome

I have a D-16RGT and I absolutely love it as well. Can't imagine selling it.
Equipment:
- Art & Lutherie Cedar CW (SOLD! )
- Martin D-16RGT w/ LR Baggs M1 Active Soundhole Pickup
- Seagull 25th Anniversary Flame Maple w/ LR Baggs Micro EQ

Have an acoustic guitar? Don't let your guitar dry out! Click here.
Quote by captivate
I have a D-16RGT and I absolutely love it as well. Can't imagine selling it.

oh no me either! I would never dream of selling my guitar