Hey I tried looking up on this question and people said it could blow the speaker, but what if I used the headphone jack, then it couldnt harm the amp right?
If you're using a headphone jack you're not even gonna get any sound.. A CD in, you could use, but it'll still harm the speaker.
Schecter Stiletto Studio 5
Ibanez SRX2EX1
Gallien Krueger 1001rbii
Gallien Krueger Neo 410
Using headphones should stop sound coming out of the speaker, which is the part that will get damaged!
Quote by Cody_Grey102
If you're using a headphone jack you're not even gonna get any sound.. A CD in, you could use, but it'll still harm the speaker.

*facepalm*

he means that he will put the bass in the input, then run headphones out instead of the speaker

NOT

plugging the bass into the headphone jack
Quote by fender351
*facepalm*

he means that he will put the bass in the input, then run headphones out instead of the speaker

NOT

plugging the bass into the headphone jack

lmao YES thank you ahahahaha

that is exactly what I mean. Why would I put the bass throught the headphone jack LOL
Alright, I dont mind too much how it sounds just aslong as my guitar amp is safe. I mainly play guitar so its my priority.
... It could ruin the headphones still maybe. I'd keep it at a modest volume just in case.
Quote by jimRH7
... It could ruin the headphones still maybe. I'd keep it at a modest volume just in case.

Headphones are made to handle bass. You don't hear many cds without bass.
Warwick freak of the Bass Militia. PM Nutter_101 to join

Quote by elliott FTW
Damn you and Warwickyness

Quote by ScottB
Quote by CLIFF_BURTON
gm jack knows everything
+1
Quote by capslockisnton
your eq might suck but i guess you could

This. The "amplifier" itself can handle the frequencies, that's just not what it's made for, so pretty much what capslockisnton said. Except your eq will suck, not might. It's the speakers that can't handle the frequencies, and as long as they're not coming through the speakers you're good.
I had just got back from church, wasn't thinking, lolz.

Ah well, yeah, that won't hurt nothin.. Dunno why anyone would actually plug into the headphone jack, I thought maybe we actually got someone that was just THAT stupid...Guess not.
Schecter Stiletto Studio 5
Ibanez SRX2EX1
Gallien Krueger 1001rbii
Gallien Krueger Neo 410
Even through a bass amp headphones dont do too well with bass guitars. When I use mine I have to have it low (1-4) or else it fuzzes over and in that range you dont get much tone from the amp (from what I've heard you get more tone control the louder you have the the amp) mind you if you're using a guitar amp anyway...
It all depends on the frequency range of the headphones.

EDIT: Also make sure you use HEADphones not EARphones.
Quote by Spaz91
Even through a bass amp headphones dont do too well with bass guitars. When I use mine I have to have it low (1-4) or else it fuzzes over and in that range you dont get much tone from the amp (from what I've heard you get more tone control the louder you have the the amp) mind you if you're using a guitar amp anyway...
It all depends on the frequency range of the headphones.

EDIT: Also make sure you use HEADphones not EARphones.

Earphones are no problem, as long as they're good ones.
If you use good in-ear phones, they should give you a more detailed sound at lower volumes, because they eliminate external sounds better .
Maruszczyk Frog 6 custom -> TC electronic Polytune-> Markbass CMD mini 121 + Markbass traveler 121H

Playing bass in Bamboo Avenue (Like us on facebook! )
EP out now!
Quote by gm jack
Headphones are made to handle bass. You don't hear many cds without bass.

OK, I'm not going to try and argue for something I don't properly understand myself, but as I recall there is a difference between speakers in headphones, stereos etc. and those in amps. I think amp ones (called "instrument speakers" ) are made some way where the bit that connects the diaphram is not "stuck" on and sturdy.

either that, or they have some other difference in construction. basically, it means your stereo speakers are better at producing more accurate sounds, where as your amp speakers are better at dealing with pops etc. when you disconnect leads and things. (which you shouldn't do on a bass amp by the way unless the amp's vol. is at 0!)

I'm not really sure what my point is... maybe that sound "live" from the instrument is different from recorded signal in some form? I don't know... I've confused myself haha.