A good start man! You play pretty well for a couple of years and your rhythm is nice and steady. I'd say work on the riffs a bit, and maybe try to get some drums going. It'll probably help your grooves a bit and its more fun to play to.

What you have here would likely work with a full setup and vocals, but if its an instrumental I think the riffs need to be stronger/layered. My favorite parts were the riffs at 0:58 and 1:27. Keep it up!
Your timing needs a lot of work. You should start practicing with a metronome. The guy above me is wrong, your rhythm isn't nice and steady. Work on timing, that will help.
That's exactly what I said when I heard you...METRONOME much?
Your transitions from the palm mutes to the chords isn't on beat nor fast enough...but this is simply cured with the use of (alittle practice) and a metronome...

as for the riffs...I'm a would-be thrasher myself,and I liked 'em okay,the melodic part was better than the main riff though...the timing on the main riff through it off,as well as it not being fast enough,making the notes seem cluttered...try playing this at 135 BPM with a metronome,and gradually make your way to around 150,after that...its up to you whether you'd like to slow it down or speed it up...but just getting that sense of time,rhythm and speed will help alot...

I liked it though,very much promising...
As for chases comment
I don't think originality should be a main export in metal IMO...if you want something progressive go listen to jazz...as for me...I think Metals charm lies in its tradition,cliche,and stubborness...the problem with Metal today is the artist idolize the tradition but do not fufill it...too busy doing stupid punk mosh pits and trying to be "hardcore"...as if metalheads and punks got along in the ****ing first place...

but thats off subject...
Metronome,Speed,Smoother Transitions
Work On That...
You'll be fine,if not really enjoyable.