full story short=

I picked up and started playing my schecter c-1 hellraiser fr and as I was playing thru the clean channel, and I heard a mild overdrive that wasn't present before. I change to my brothers amp and check if the overdrive is still present...wich it is. I try checking if this distortion is from the cable, but its not. I uncover my electronics plate on the back as well as the input jack. the wires seem fine. I change out the battery since these are active PUPs and replace the 9v battery. now no signal is being produced for the amp to work with.

are my EMGs blown? what can I do to repair this!?
schecter hellraiser c-1 fr
GAS list...
Mesa roadster with 2/12 recto cab
PGM 301
98% of teens have been around or have had alcohol. Put this in your sig if you like bagels
well...that's what emg's do, they add a slight gain boost to your tone, to make up for their low out put.

and what amp did you play them through?
Quote by Ghold125
well...that's what emg's do, they add a slight gain boost to your tone, to make up for their low out put.

and what amp did you play them through?

thru a vox ad15vt and then thru my brothers ****ty bass amp
schecter hellraiser c-1 fr
GAS list...
Mesa roadster with 2/12 recto cab
PGM 301
98% of teens have been around or have had alcohol. Put this in your sig if you like bagels
Try replacing the battery again with a new battery first. You might have put an old battery in without knowing it. I've never heard a case of pickups being "blown".

Also, all (active) EMG's add gain to the signal. Its just what they do as said above to make up for the low output.
Quote by xFinnellx
thru a vox ad15vt and then thru my brothers ****ty bass amp

why are you running one amp into another??
Quote by Ghold125
why are you running one amp into another??

He's not. He's saying that first he ran through his amp, then he tried his brothers amp.
Active EMGs sometimes add more gain when they are a little low on power. On top of what they already have
Gibson 1972 SG Pro T-Top Bridge, P90 Neck
Dean DBD T ML
Jackson JS30RR EMGs 85-81
Epiphone G-400 Goth
76 Mann Les Paul Custom
Fender f-230 Accoustic
Randall RG-180 DX
Line6 Spider III HD75 Head - Behringer 412
Saving for a Marshall JCM 800.
Btw guys, apparently they aren't making any sound at all now.

For those of you who keep saying EMGs add gain to the signal, he knows. He's had the guitar since september i think and hasn't changed amps. I don't think it should distort the clean channel that much either.
Might be his cable, Input jack, volume pot coming loose, the small part of the nipples of the 9-volt that are exposed could be touching some metal, try unplugging the pickups and plugging them back in, these are just my suggestions, Pretty much problems ive had with the EMGs in my Jackson
Gibson 1972 SG Pro T-Top Bridge, P90 Neck
Dean DBD T ML
Jackson JS30RR EMGs 85-81
Epiphone G-400 Goth
76 Mann Les Paul Custom
Fender f-230 Accoustic
Randall RG-180 DX
Line6 Spider III HD75 Head - Behringer 412
Saving for a Marshall JCM 800.