Hello! I might as well add an introduction in here while I'm at it...

...I'm Michael, registered a while ago, not really used the forum till now though. I'm 16, extremely passionate about guitar and Clapton is my hero, I like Gilmour, Hendrix, SRV, Buddy Guy and B.B King but Clapton is the one with the music that "talks to me", it's not just about the great guitar playing or the music but about the emotion and I feel I can relate to some the traits of his youth in a non-musical way, especially after listening to the audiobook of his biography (I'll be avoiding the drugs and alchohol of course though) ...sounds far-fetched but my dream would be to have a jam with him and have a conversation with him while it's still possible.

I'm going quite old school and somewhat vintage with the setup I'm aiming for, keeping it simple, no digital processing stuff or over complicated effects loops, 4 BOSS Pedals, a Vox Wah (yet to get), some decent leads along with a Fender 57 Reissue Deluxe 12w (also yet to get) and my Custom Shop Strat (sold my ps3, psp and tv for that baby, lol, well worth it though).

Anywho! I'm looking for a BOSS CE-3 Chorus Pedal, I've been reading around and talking to forumers and it seems it's the Chorus pedal that suits my needs, subtle, analogue and apparently has a warmer vibe to it...I've also watched some YouTube vids on it and like it.

I'm sure most of you know it's not in production now and has been replaced with the CE-5 and CH-1...and therefore I cannot find it anywhere on the interwebs! Apart from eBay, but my mum uses a post office account (I live in UK), I'm 16 and too young to use eBay and my brother's PayPal account which I could have used has hit it's money limit cause he's buying parts for a bike.

So basically I have no way of getting things off there efficiently...was wondering if anyone knew of any small (or big) online music sites/stores that sell discontinued stuff like this? That I could order using my debit card and have delivery to mainland UK.

Help will be appreciated, thanks!

Mike.
Last edited by Eight_Ball at Jan 7, 2009,
I don't know about the CE-3 specifically (your best bet might be to search the local craigslist/kijiji), but I have heard that a good alternative for those searching for the tone of the original boss chorus pedals is the voodoo labs analog chorus.
Ibanez S320 with Dimarzio Fred + Seymour Duncan 59-> Weeping Demon Wah -> Ibanez TS-7 -> Homemade iBoost x3 -> Keeley DS-1 -> Visual Sound H2O -> MXR Ten Band -> Traynor YCV20
Quote by Robino_Ibanez
I don't know about the CE-3 specifically (your best bet might be to search the local craigslist/kijiji), but I have heard that a good alternative for those searching for the tone of the original boss chorus pedals is the voodoo labs analog chorus.

Thankyou.

However I just had a quick browse about and it seems that it's hit and miss, some people love it and some peoople hate it. Also, I just know that BOSS pedals are sturdy, strong and reliable so I would really like to get one if I can.
Checked a bunch of nearby cragslists too. Nothing.

EDIT: Sorry, didn't know you could edit previous posts after so long, forum I used to be on only allowed up to 30 mins to edit them, lol.
Last edited by Eight_Ball at Jan 8, 2009,
I was looking for a chorus pedal so sent an email to BOSS asking about their pedals. They told me its a digital pedal and the outputs are stereo but only 1 is actually chorus the other is an inverted dry signal. The reissue ibanez is old school and analog. I went with the visual sound liquid chorus as its analog and true stereo chorus.