I'm doing a trade over at harmony central with my double bound strat body and this neck and body for a vintage Fender amp. The neck is just going to be a standard strat neck with a rosewood fingerboard and no inlays but with a reverse Firebird headstock. The body is going to be a standard tele body with a universal neck pickup rout and it will be Walnut with black binding on the top edge. I'll get pics up tomorrow.
don't strat necks not fit in tele's? but tele necks fit in strats? or do I have it backwards...

I thought strat's had the curved neck pocket, while the tele's was square.
05' G&L S-500
95' Godin LGX

96' Yamaha APX 6-A

Peavey Classic 30
Maxon OD808
Quote by danyellenik
don't strat necks not fit in tele's? but tele necks fit in strats? or do I have it backwards...

I thought strat's had the curved neck pocket, while the tele's was square.

Strat necks can fit in teles but there will be gaps because it's curved teles won't fit in strats without a good amount of customizing. The neck is for the duble bound strat body he already has a tele neck he's going to use.
I didn't get a lot done today I found a piece of maple for the neck and got the rout layed out and I made a template for the neck. The fretwire isn't coming until Tuesday so it's not a huge rush, I'll get the fingerboard glued on tomorrow. Tomorrow I might be getting the walnut for the body if not tomorrow Saturday and I'm hoping to get that sanded, routed, and binded Sunday. These should be done sometime next week.

I got the body glued up,a piece of the headstock broke off when routing it so I have to start it over.

did you get your templates from guitarbuildingtemplates?

looks like it,
those things are effing GREAT. as soon as i got them i remade them on 3/4'' plywood for better durability and easier router table movement.
Quote by LP Addict
did you get your templates from guitarbuildingtemplates?

looks like it,
those things are effing GREAT. as soon as i got them i remade them on 3/4'' plywood for better durability and easier router table movement.

Yeah, I traded him some pedals for the strat and tele set. I remake them to 3/8" mdf before I use them, I just haven't used the tele set before.
its nice, i dont use the neck pockets though, they are garbage, i bought the laser cut ones from AIguitars on ebay, his stuff is great, and i put that onto 3/8'' plywood and i keep the real templates stored in a box.
I'll have it done tomorrow or Saturday. I carved the headstock and started the neck carve. The maple's got some nice flame to it, nothing over the top but I'm hoping when I carve the neck it'll help make it show up more.

Last edited by 420 FREAK at Jan 15, 2009,
I'm done, I got the frets pressed and filed flush Friday and today I leveled and dressed them and then worked on the body
pressing frets:

filing ends smooth:

the strat body with the neck:

everything with some scraps so hey_day to test finish on: