Page 1 of 3
What do you think the biggest cause is? Is it that people aren't truly committed to be with someone for the rest of their lives? Is it that its become socially acceptable so they don't try to work things out? Is it fornication, I think this actually could be a ligit reason?
Quote by cakeandpiemofo
Of course I don't wanna go in the woods. There's bears in there.

Quote by Deliriumbassist
Jeff Ament is a sexy sexy beast.

Quote by Karvid
Yes. Chest hair = automatic awesome. Even if you're a woman.
If everything looks fine and dandy there are problems.

/thread
I got some good guitars, yo.
people thinking they've found their life partner at age 18 and plan to get married the next year
People are so desperate for love they'll marry anything with a pulse that looks their way then get shocked when it doesn't work out.
You can't beat your wife anymore. It's no longer taboo to get divorced.
Quote by red18420
There is no point except party and be healthy and happy. Also money is not something to live for. If i didnt need money for drugs and beer i would give mine away.

Vote here to help me get to BC!
Because they don't listen to this guy:
www.gottman.com
Her friends are gazing on her,
And on her gaudy bier,
And weep!-oh! to dishonor
Dead beauty with a tear!
They loved her for her wealth-
And they hated her for her pride-
But she grew in feeble health,
And they love her-that she died.
'Cuz women are stubborn, incompetent *****s who refuse to know their place and they all have PMS temper problems.
I think some marry because they like the person they're with but they are not really in love and they are together for a few years is a good enough reason for them to get married. Then when they get into a little argument they overreact and think that its never gonna work out and they don't even try to fix anything in the first place. Got into a little rant there didn't I.
If Rock is a life-style, then Metal's an addiction

Yelloooow!

Of The

UG Challenge

because modern women don't know their place.
Gear:
PRS SE Singlecut, blue with stoptail (my baby)
Line 6 Spider III 75 (shut up)
Epiphone Les Paul standard
Cheapo Yamaha nylon string
even more cheapo Fender steel string acoustic
Its all selfishness, people realize after a few years of marriage, they get tired of the person they are with, and want to see someone new.

Which I think is the most selfish thing a person could do, you can never know a person completely, there is always something to know.
[IMG]http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q264/chw42/spiderjamesPJsig.png[/IMG]
that's why there's no point in getting married. none. just be.
Audio Ecstasy Productions!

Guitar/Backline Tech in the Los Angeles area and on tour!
Custom guitar pedals and cabling for stage and studio!

I set up DAWs and tweak computers to record audio. Hit me up @ audioecstasyproductions[at}gmail.com
Quote by slaptasticdave
What do you think the biggest cause is? Is it that people aren't truly committed to be with someone for the rest of their lives? Is it that its become socially acceptable so they don't try to work things out? Is it fornication, I think this actually could be a ligit reason?

I think it's a combination of those three.
- Because people are entering marriages for the wrong reasons.
- Because marriage is no longer forced/taboo.
- Because people are idiots who marry some dumbass who they lusted after for 5 years then realized that they're actually assholes.
- Because people are too ****ing lazy to sort out their problems, and instead they just run away from them.

Basically, it's more socially accepted, and it is the result of people being lazy, impulsive and stupid.

I like seeing old couples who get along - they actually did **** right...as far as marriages go. For the most part.

OH! Also, it's almost against human nature to be with someone in the way marriage wants you to be for 50+ years. We're prone to moving on. Sure, you may love someone for your whole life, but by our nature we want to explore other romantic avenues as well. That's just our nature. I'm not saying there's anything wrong with marrying someone for a long time (I hope to). I'm just pointing out that people realize this 5 years into a marriage...and looks like dumbasses for it.
Oh no he just divided by zero again...*gets sucked into vortex*

Originally Posted by Sirwinston89
whoa man this is turning into the Dream Theater appreciation thread!!! If only every thread kicked this much ass!

You're welcome
Last edited by matx33 at Jan 7, 2009,
Quote by xstax981
people thinking they've found their life partner at age 18 and plan to get married the next year

this, and marriage has been named as the ultimate institution in american culture at least. People are expecting to find the completely perfect person, which is not possible. no one is willing to accept flaws
I'm a dude, he's a dude, she's a dude, we're all dudes HEY!
Because when they came up with "till death do you part", people only lived to be 25 or so.

</thread>
-Guitar Gear-
1995 American Fender Strat, EMG 85 pup
Randall RH200 Head
Marshall 1960a Cab
Woods Acoustic
-Bass Gear-
Spector Legend 4 bass
Washburn Bantam bass
Hartke HA2500
Fender Bassman 410H
Play what you love, love what you play
People rush things

oh, and satan

he's definately at the root of this
Quote by mental_zer0

The fear of the clock became too obvious. got expelled.

Quote by jmilli2
Spread rumours that she is a jew. Then all you need to do is sit back and wait for the secret police to make her 'disappear'.

lol?
Because people don't pay attention to their vows. Also, people get married more personal attraction versus an actual relationship (love, etc.).
Quote by Zacothewacko
People rush things

oh, and satan

he's definately at the root of this

I met that guy before.
Quote by slaptasticdave

Alcohol.

Or Kids.
Quote by Garou1911
Because when they came up with "till death do you part", people only lived to be 25 or so.

</thread>

This.
im guessing because people dont spend enough time to see how the other person really is. and they get married and then expected said person to change? idk

Quote by fastlanestoner
that's why there's no point in getting married. none. just be.

hey i read your quote and i see your moving to long beach, thats like a 15-20 minute drive from were i live! but you dont wanna play metal :,/
People don't put enough thought into marriage, they don't spend enough time with their partner to see them in the good times and bad. Often people don't work at the realtionships.

And because people are petty and stupid.
AROUND THE WORLD

Click here if you like the Washington Wizards
Divorce is socially acceptable so people don't stay in unhappy relationships. People don't try quite as hard to save a marriage as they used to.

Quote by Yeti60
People don't put enough thought into marriage, they don't spend enough time with their partner to see them in the good times and bad. Often people don't work at the realtionships.

No. People are now far more likely to live with their partner before they marry them than they used to and yet you think people don't know their partners as well now?
Is it still a God Complex if I really am God?

America is the only country that went from barbarism to decadence without civilization in between.
Oscar Wilde
The media glorifies and oversimplifies marriage by making it look like this grand stroll through a field of flowers taken straight out of a Harlequin romance book. People get subjected to this crap and form their ideas about it based on those influences. Because of that, you get people who are getting married while they're still too young and immature for that kind of decision because they don't fully understand the gravity of that life choice. Those are the marriages that inevitably fail.
It's socially acceptable now.
Quote by vintage x metal
I love you =] I can't say I was very fond of you when we first started talking because you trolled the hell out of my threads, but after talking to you here I've grown very attached to you.

Yeah, write to my fanclub about it, honey.
Page 1 of 3