Page 1 of 7
i searched for any Eric Clapton threads but there weren't any. So i decided to create one. This man is very brilliant, i love all of his unplugged stuff. Very good blues guitarist.

Last edited by GraveSs at Jan 8, 2009,
yes, and that from the cradle album is great.
Quote by BryanChampine
It was like a orgasm in my ear.
Chea_man is the best.
He is my hero. There's emotion and a bit of blues there regardless of what genre he is playing. Truly great.
From the Cradle is a great blues album! Blues before sunrise! he's a fantastic bluesman!
Quote by Mister.Y
Well, The Lion Sleeps Tonight is still a bit popular... I mean, cmon...

awimbawe awimbawe awimbawe awimbawe...

"I'll See You In The Next World, and Don't Be Late"
have you heard "my fathers eyes" by eric?? it has a very nice chord progression, ever since i listened to it yesterday its been stuck in my head
Quote by dysons sux0rz
have you heard "my fathers eyes" by eric?? it has a very nice chord progression, ever since i listened to it yesterday its been stuck in my head

i remember hearing that song way back when it came out in the early/mid 90s when i was in elementary school, and the song had always stuck in my head. and then only a year ago i heard the song again and realized it was clapton.
Quote by BryanChampine
Chea_man is the best.
Ive never been REALLY into Clapton like i have with other musicians. Nontheless, hes still very talented. His albums i like the most are 461 Ocean Boulevard, Unplugged, and his work with Cream.
"See the Glory Of the Royal Scam"
Quote by Dchild042
Ive never been REALLY into Clapton like i have with other musicians. Nontheless, hes still very talented. His albums i like the most are 461 Ocean Boulevard, Unplugged, and his work with Cream.

white room and let it rain are very good arent they
Quote by Gris-Gris-Man
i love his robert johnson recordings, very brilliant, and superb blues

Some of his best singing on that album. Not to mention the guitar playing.
Last.fm

Fender Deluxe Players Strat > Big Muff > LPB-1 > Moog Ring Mod > MXR Dynacomp > MXR Phase 90 '74 > Fender Hot Rod 410 (soon)
^^^^ Ya i saw a youtube video and he was explaining how it was even hard for him to cover Johnsons songs
yeah, i have that DVD. its great. i should watch it more.
Quote by BryanChampine
Chea_man is the best.
i really love is old stuff as well when he was a with his first bands, there are alot of good licks in there. and i get to see him live in gold class seat for the 2nd time! YAY!
Feelin the Blues

"The Blues are a simple music and I'm a simple man. But the Blues aren't a science, the Blues can't be broken down like a mathematics. The Blues are a mystery, and mysteries are never as simple as they look" - BB King
The Layla album is definitely my favorite Clapton album. In fact, it's probably one of my top 10 albums ever.
It's Only Rock and Roll, But I like It
Quote by GraveSs
I love this Customized Strat he has.

I have the Custom Shop Clapton Strat, great guitar, I'm 16 so I had to pay for two thirds of it by selling my PS3, PSP, Games and TV...but it was well worth it.

Some of my own pics:

Last edited by Eight_Ball at Jan 8, 2009,
Quote by Eight_Ball
I have the Custom Shop Clapton Strat, great guitar, I'm 16 so I had to pay for two thirds of it by selling my PS3, PSP, Games and TV...but it was well worth it.

Some of my own pics:

Very nice

how much was the total?
Quote by GraveSs
Very nice

how much was the total?

£1500 here in the UK

...which is...

$2280 in the US.
that guitar is great looking and i bet it sounds good too?

pssh that guitar has got to be amazingly god like
'Music is the best"
Zappa
Although signature guitars sound great and are amazing i've always preferred playing my own guitar. It feels weird to be playing on something that isn't really my OWN guitar. But that is just personal preference. They still look great and sound like the original players themselves.
Quote by Dchild042
Although signature guitars sound great and are amazing i've always preferred playing my own guitar. It feels weird to be playing on something that isn't really my OWN guitar. But that is just personal preference. They still look great and sound like the original players themselves.

Clapton is my hero but that isn't the reason I got the guitar, the guitar simply has all the specs I want so I might as well have got it and I suppose you could say that as he is my inspiration, it's nice to have a little bit of him in my guitar so to speak...if you get what I mean. I will be getting a few mods done but it's near enough what I want. I might put a 3-ply scratchplate on, put a "hotter" pup in the bridge position and get a full proffesional set-up.
Well yeah i agree but i wouldn't want people to see me playing Clapton's exact guitar as my main guitar that i'm remembered by. I like to kind of be different and have some personal flavor. What amp are you playing through?
Quote by Dchild042
Well yeah i agree but i wouldn't want people to see me playing Clapton's exact guitar as my main guitar that i'm remembered by. I like to kind of be different and have some personal flavor. What amp are you playing through?

Well it's the Custom Shop while Clapton's is Masterbuilt, his has a flamed neck, no signature and standard master tone rather than TBX so it isn't identical. And cause I'll be adding my own stuff to it and playing it myself so it will become my guitar.

And you will be shocked!!! I'm playing it through a Line 6 Spider. Bad I know, lol, but I'm saving for A Fender Deluxe 12 watt Tube Amp and an Acoustic, so I had to get something cheap for now while saving, but still, my CS Strat is still amazing through the Spider and it will have to do for now. xD
OUCH!! Thats what i had for the first like 5 months of my playing and i knew it sucked then, but you can pull some nice tones though the clean channel if your guitar is good enough (which it is) and if you have a OD pedal. If you want tube for cheap get a Fender Super Champ XD. I have no money and it was only $300. Its got some really cool features and its cheap. But if you have a steady job which i dont, i would save up for the Deluxe.
Quote by Dchild042

i completely agree, i wouldnt buy it...but still a great guitar
'Music is the best"
Zappa
His stuff's been getting more and more mediocre ever since Cream/blind Faith - the Me & Mr Johnson album was a welcome change.

Not fussed about Blackie at all, I'd rather have the EJ if I was gonna get a Custom Shop sig job.
Quote by kyle62
His stuff's been getting more and more mediocre ever since Cream/blind Faith - the Me & Mr Johnson album was a welcome change.

Not fussed about Blackie at all, I'd rather have the EJ if I was gonna get a Custom Shop sig job.

He just matured as an aritst. He's said he hated his music with Cream but it just felt good to play because he was on drugs.
Does anyone have the Sessions for Robert Johnson DVD?

I saw some clips on youtube and I think I'm going to get it. Do you think it's worth getting?
"And everybody knows that you live forever
Ah, when you've done a line or two"
Quote by mr_magic
Does anyone have the Sessions for Robert Johnson DVD?

I saw some clips on youtube and I think I'm going to get it. Do you think it's worth getting?

Definitely.

Also check out "Eric Clapton's Crossroads Guitar Festival 2007" DVD. Many great blues musicians, Clapton himself, BB King, Buddy Guy, Steve Winwood's there, Johnny Winter, Doyle Bramhall II and Derek Trucks.
Last edited by Eight_Ball at Jan 11, 2009,
Robert Randolph kills it on that dvd.
Last.fm

Fender Deluxe Players Strat > Big Muff > LPB-1 > Moog Ring Mod > MXR Dynacomp > MXR Phase 90 '74 > Fender Hot Rod 410 (soon)
Yeah i have that DVD, it's definitely worth getting, although as far as i can remember Clapton's tone was extremely poor.

Los Lobos performance was great, you should at least check that out on youtube.
DAMN, Nice guitar Eight_Ball! That's a fortune for a guitar at the age of 16, I'm 18 and could barely afford my Highway One!

I think Clapton's best work was on John Mayall & The Bluesbreakers with Eric Clapton. Hideaway, Little Girl, and Steppin' Out are some the most influential songs I've ever heard. I recently learned Hideaway and Little Girl note for note by ear, which i'm pretty proud of. I'll post a video as soon as its perfect.

Also, Derek & The Dominos were PHENOMENAL. I love the Live at the Fillmore 1970 album, Got To Get Better in a Little While, Key To The Highway, Blues Power, Why Does Love Got To Be So Sad? This album is TRULY a masterpiece. Personally I think Clapton truly developed his singing style with this band. The 10 minute jams on this album leave me sitting in awe.
Calender

Quote by Xaldin714
why does Thin Lizzy sing in english if they are from ireland
You guys convinced me, I'll go get it when I'll have time to watch it.
"And everybody knows that you live forever
Ah, when you've done a line or two"