hey
i just got a cry baby gcb-95, and when i finally got it working i realized the pedal gives me no foot resistance at all. maybe im missing something but ever other cry baby ive used has sprung back up, not this one... is that just how its supposed to be?
The CryBaby GCB-95 is a set and leave pedal. You don't need to stay with your foot on it to keep it in place. This means you can find a tone using your wah and just leave it like that. I prefer it like this rather than the wah's that you have to continually hold in place.
I don't think that dunlop puts springs in any of their wah's, so maybe the ones you've played before were customized.
Guitars
Gibson SG '61 Reissue 'Aretha'
Fender MIM Strat 'Rosy'
Takamine EG 332c 'Betsy'
Epiphone G-400 'Lucy'

Amps
Crate V-18 1x12
Roland Cube 30x

Pedals
Dunlop Original Crybaby
Electro-Harmonix Double Muff
Line 6 Echo Park
They usually don't literally spring back up but there might be too much grease? I don't really know. That was the problem with mine but I just generally didn't like the pedal.
^same, and it squeaks like crazy, and sounds really tinny sometimes... ill try to find another one, at least this was a gift
The 95Q Crybaby had the spring return action, perhaps that was the Crybaby you played once. If the rocker on yours is too loose you can tighten it, but it won't spring back.
Quote by beware001
^same, and it squeaks like crazy, and sounds really tinny sometimes... ill try to find another one, at least this was a gift

Yea, I really just don't like the majority of Dunlop pedals for this reason. Mine was a gift too. I'm still looking for a new wah and so far I've found the Geoffrey Teese ones to be the best. I just wanna try one out in person before dropping the money.