i replaced the factory strings with heavier strings( from .42 to . 49) and now the bridge keeps rising, i tried using the screws in the reverse chamber, but it still keeps happening, any help? please
Screws in reverse chamber? you mean the spring claw? tightening that should solve your problem I think
Ibanez RG7321
Jackson Randy Rhoads V with Floyd Rose
Peavey Valveking 112
Digitech RP70 Guitar Processor
i tried, as tight as i make them, it still doesnt work, ive been working on it for hours, spring chamber, even adjusting the height of the bridge, im stuck
Quote by guitarprodigy13
i tried, as tight as i make them, it still doesnt work, ive been working on it for hours, spring chamber, even adjusting the height of the bridge, im stuck

Thats weird I would check out the floyd thread and ask madpickin about it hes like the floyd master
Ibanez RG7321
Jackson Randy Rhoads V with Floyd Rose
Peavey Valveking 112
Digitech RP70 Guitar Processor
Did you stretch out the strings? You should get a old rag, and just run it under the strings and pull up slightly. Also, maybe there's to much tension with all the springs. I'd take out one of the springs, if you have 3. Take out the middle one.
First strech the strings, then you need to adjust the trem claw to level the trem. As you do this tune the guitar to pitch, you will need to adjust and tune until you get it right and the trem level. It will take some time to get right, especially your first time. You should not need to remove a trem spring. I run three on my Ibanez and the trem sits perfectly with .12-.56's.
Quote by TatarSalad2
Did you stretch out the strings? You should get a old rag, and just run it under the strings and pull up slightly. Also, maybe there's to much tension with all the springs. I'd take out one of the springs, if you have 3. Take out the middle one.

That's like, the opposite of what he should do.

If anything, add another spring.