play gigs
play punk/punk pop
have at least 2 channels

I would like for it to also:

have more than 2 channels
come with a channel foot switch
play metal

Thanks

Edit: Shoot, I forgot, my budget is about 700 USD right now, but I can get more by saving for a couple of months.
Last edited by tonedeafidiot at Jan 7, 2009,
B-52 At-112.
THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 50-54
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 0-0
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 0-0
Ahh, I see you have our friend in your "about me" part of your profile

Anyways, what's your budget, and where do you live (for availability and currency reasons)?
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Fender American Deluxe HSS Strat
Chicago Blues Box Roadhouse
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Hughes & Kettner Tube Factor
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
Yeah, I suggest you get on that B52 deal. They're really cheap ATM.
you have some extra cash over to upgrade the speaker and tubes too.
Even though it's already nice stock
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Fender American Deluxe HSS Strat
Chicago Blues Box Roadhouse
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Hughes & Kettner Tube Factor
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
If your budget is bumped up to around $1000, im sure you could find a great condition used Orange Rocker 30, which would sound nice for your music IMO.

EDIT: DIdnt see the part where you said it had to play metal. Nevermind then.
Gibson Les Paul Custom
Fender American Tele

F/S:
Orange Rockerverb 50
Orange PPC412
Peavey Classic 30 or 50 and replace the speaker with a celestion vintage 30. It will prefectly fit your style. It also kills that b-52 and bugera bull****.
My band.
www.myspace.com/bransonny

My gear.
Marshall: JCM800 2205, 6100, 1960AV
H&K: Triamp MKII, Duotone
Mesa: Recto recording pre, 212
2 Avatar 412 (v30's)
Gibson: LP std, SG std, SG goth, SG spec
G&L ASAT classic
Martin DC-16GTE
Quote by Ddjembe Mutombo
Peavey Classic 30 or 50 and replace the speaker with a celestion vintage 30. It will prefectly fit your style. It also kills that b-52 and bugera bull****.

Do those have multiple channels, though? I'm reading up on them and I can't tell from the features section on them on GC.
Quote by tonedeafidiot
Do those have multiple channels, though? I'm reading up on them and I can't tell from the features section on them on GC.

I'm pretty sure they don't. Hence why I didn't suggest them; I prefer the Peavey Classic series' voicing over that of the AT-112, but the B-52 has what you need.
THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 50-54
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 0-0
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 0-0
OK, I found a guy near me on craigslist who's selling a B-52 AT-212 for $450. Is this good, or should I just go for the 112?
Quote by tonedeafidiot
OK, I found a guy near me on craigslist who's selling a B-52 AT-212 for $450. Is this good, or should I just go for the 112?

I'd say thats a good deal if it is in good to mint condition, because i think they retail for something like $500, don't they?
Quote by tonedeafidiot

that is a good deal, when the AT-212 were selling they were like $699?
Also, that thing has three channels.

be sure to find out what year model he has, because SOME of the older models have reliabilty issues, but the newer ones don't.
Quote by jdmurrayz
Fap energy comes from the soul, not the body.
The b-52 at-112 is great but definitely give bugera a look.

also you probably won't need the 212. It's heavier and harder to get good tones at lower volumes.

If u get the b-52, get the 112 and a bunch of pedals: a bad monkey overdrive to tighten it up a bit, isp decimator to kill any noise if you are playing metal with high gain, maybe something like a delay pedal if you are going to be doing shredding/soloing.
My gear:
PRS SE custom
~!~--Peavey XXX super 40 EFX --~!~
Peavey VK 112

===WGS Vet30
===JJ power tubes

---Pedals:
-ISP Decimator
-Digitech Bad Monkey
-Crybaby wah
-Korg Pitchblack
-Danelectro FnC EQ
get a used mesa boogie f-30 on ebay and it'll fit the bill perfectly. i play in a pop punk band with some breakdowns and this thing nails it. granted, i play bass in the band but the rhythm guitarist uses it and he gets compliments after every show.

the f series is also said to have the best cleans out of all the mesas. it has a contour setting too, which is a great heavy tone: not perfect for metal but still pretty intense.

i picked mine up for $600 shipping included and a footswitch from mesa was $100 so that should fit your bill just fine.

edit:
check your pms. there's one on there for $600 that includes a footswitch that ends in a couple of hours, so get on that!!
Last edited by SlappyMcLardfat at Jan 8, 2009,