Poll: Should Mesa Boogie do something special for their 40th anniversary
Poll Options
View poll results: Should Mesa Boogie do something special for their 40th anniversary
Yes!!!!
21 88%
No.
3 13%
Voters: 24.
Well as some may have noticed it's 2009. Mesa Boogie first began modifying fender amps in 1969, so that means its their 40th anniversary.

So my question to you is should they do something special for their 40th liek orange did, and if so what?

Personally i say yes. I would love to see something really crazy, but perhaps thats why they're returning the mark series.

What are yalls thoughts?
1990 Gibson SG Special Black
2003 Martin Hd-28
Fender Standard Telecaster Chrome Red
Randall RX120RH On RX412 SOLD!!
Fender Pro Jr. Combo
Keeley Modded Boss DS-1
Electro Harmonics Metal Muff
Ernie Ball Vp Jr.
What about the Mark V..could that be it? Actually i doubt it.

Would be cool though even if i dont use mesas.
Gibson Les Paul Custom
Fender American Tele

F/S:
Orange Rockerverb 50
Orange PPC412
i say, they should give away 40 free Triple Rec stacks.

or

They could create a one of a kind, Quad Rectifier full stack. It would annihilate life.

edit: well, in reality, im sure thats what the Mark IV is for lol
Peavey XXX combo *upgraded screen resistors, Tung-Sol's, and 6L6's*
Schecter Syn Std. * modded, scalloped, and worn*
Schecter C-1 Elite *still sexy*
Ibanez AEL 12-string

"He who sticks his dick in peanut butter is fucking nuts"
Last edited by bjovi400 at Jan 7, 2009,
back to the mark iv

... wait, i cant afford it..
Ivan!

Proghead+Metalhead= ME

||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||

URL=http://groups.ultimate-guitar.com/ar gentina
Quote by bjovi400

or

They could create a one of a kind, Quad Rectifier full stack. It would annihilate life.

Wow a quad rectifier! Thats terrifying and awesome.
2003 Martin Hd-28
Fender Pro Jr. Combo
Keeley Modded Boss DS-1
Ernie Ball Vp Jr.
YEAH!!!!!

Quad Rectifier will DESTROY every metal amp in the planet!!!

but a Mark 5 would be better
PSN USERNAME: MetuulGuitarist7
STEAM:MetuulGuitarist7
Origin:MetuulGuitarist7
feel free to add me
Last edited by WTF!!is a TAB at Jan 7, 2009,
the have done things in the past.
the heartbreaker (hopefully my future amp) was released for the 25th anniversary.
the lonestar was released the year of the 30th anniversary of the Mark I, i beleive.
Quote by BryanChampine
It was like a orgasm in my ear.
Chea_man is the best.
Its Mesa - hell yeah they should do something special...

What that something is, though, I have yet to think of
I'm pretty sure the MK V is slated to come out late this year or early next year based on what I've heard. I e-mailed Mesa and the reply I got was that they were always working on new stuff and that I should just keep an eye out but that as of now(which was 2 or 3 weeks ago) there was nothing for sure.
they should give me an amp for free. or at least at a very discounted price.
Quote by BryanChampine
Chea_man is the best.
Quote by mmolteratx
I'm pretty sure the MK V is slated to come out late this year or early next year based on what I've heard. I e-mailed Mesa and the reply I got was that they were always working on new stuff and that I should just keep an eye out but that as of now(which was 2 or 3 weeks ago) there was nothing for sure.

whats there email address, ive been looking for it for months? all i can find is a phone number.
Quote by BryanChampine
Chea_man is the best.
I had the manager of my local guitar center call after that thread about the Mark V popped up. He said they told him it could be ordered possibly s early as February 1, but probably by the end of February. Maybe the mark 5 is it, but it seems like they would release something completely new.
2003 Martin Hd-28
Fender Pro Jr. Combo
Keeley Modded Boss DS-1
Ernie Ball Vp Jr.
Quote by chea_man
they should give me an amp for free. or at least at a very discounted price.

Yes, they should! or at least give you a little fridge magnet that says mesa
Quote by bjovi400

or

i would rather not have a 150 or 200 watt amp laying around my house.
My band.
www.myspace.com/bransonny

My gear.
Marshall: JCM800 2205, 6100, 1960AV
H&K: Triamp MKII, Duotone
Mesa: Recto recording pre, 212
2 Avatar 412 (v30's)
Gibson: LP std, SG std, SG goth, SG spec
G&L ASAT classic
Martin DC-16GTE
Quote by locosenor13
Yes, they should! or at least give you a little fridge magnet that says mesa

haha, that would be more than they have ever given away, i think.
Quote by BryanChampine
Chea_man is the best.
they should make a few of the discontinued amps and sell them exclusively in 2009. like 50 of each amp or something that you can only buy from the mesa headquarters or buy from the mesa website or something..
Can we erase the past?
To allow our dreams to forever last?

Gear:

Mesa Boogie Mini Rec 25
Mesa Boogie Rectifier 2x12 cab

Jackson DK2, DK2M, DKMGT, SLAT3-7, DK1
I believe the Mark V will suffice.
Mitch Hedberg Group
http://groups.ultimate-guitar.com/koalabears/

Quote by Irnmaiden4life
why didnt you just play like crap?
if you need help with that, ask Vincent745

Quote by imgooley
Awe, so cute...

How old are you?

Quote by H4T3BR33D3R

Old enough to yell rape.
they should start reselling the F-series. The express series totally sucks balls.
My band.
www.myspace.com/bransonny

My gear.
Marshall: JCM800 2205, 6100, 1960AV
H&K: Triamp MKII, Duotone
Mesa: Recto recording pre, 212
2 Avatar 412 (v30's)
Gibson: LP std, SG std, SG goth, SG spec
G&L ASAT classic
Martin DC-16GTE
Quote by SSL27

It will definitely suffice. Lol. However i like the idea of reissuing old models. Except make forty of them and ship them out randomly to stores.
2003 Martin Hd-28
Fender Pro Jr. Combo
Keeley Modded Boss DS-1
Ernie Ball Vp Jr.
Quote by SSL27

Same. I wanted a MK IV but by the time I had money they discontinued it and I can't find a good one used. And chea_man, I think it was support@mesaboogie.com but I can't remember. I'll look on my computer and get back to you in a few minutes.
Quote by chea_man
god bless you bro!!

No problem. I don't know why Boogie makes it so hard to find it. I don't even know where I originally found it but it works because I got a reply the next day.
I think it'd be cool if they re-issued the MKIII Coliseum, but w/ a MKIV tone knobs, channels and preamp setup, w/ MIDI control. I LOVE mine, and got it custom from them back in '86. 180Watts of ANIMAL tones... Even at bedroom levels. I have several other Mesa Amps and this one is just 'special'.

Last edited by zachman5150 at Jan 7, 2009,
Quote by zachman5150
I think it'd be cool if they re-issued the MKIII Coliseum, but w/ a MKIV tone knobs, channels and preamp setup, w/ MIDI control. I LOVE mine, and got it custom from them back in '86. 180Watts of ANIMAL tones... Even at bedroom levels. I have several other Mesa Amps and this one is just 'special'.

Dude, I love your rig. I'm actually looking at getting a used MK III right now, do you have any recommendations as to what stripe to get? I've heard the red is very IIC+ like and it'd be great to hear someones opinion on the amp. Also, was the Coliseum a production amp or custom order? I've seen some but not many and I've heard people rave about how good they are before.
Quote by mmolteratx
Dude, I love your rig. I'm actually looking at getting a used MK III right now, do you have any recommendations as to what stripe to get? I've heard the red is very IIC+ like and it'd be great to hear someones opinion on the amp. Also, was the Coliseum a production amp or custom order? I've seen some but not many and I've heard people rave about how good they are before.

I have a MKIII Blue Stripe combo that I really like a lot, a few rectifiers, and a MKIV-- and the Coliseum KILLS them ALL, including the sought after MKIIC+, which yes- I have played.

Mine was a custom order (I'm the original owner). Mesa said they approximate 200 TOTAL were built, and I found out mine was the 13th one made.

Here is a short clip of the Coli at TV volumes:

http://www.netmusicians.org/files/14-whitesnake_Mark_III.mp3

Perhaps this will be useful for you so, here it is:

Mesa Stripe/Dot History
Last edited by zachman5150 at Jan 8, 2009,
That rig is awesome. It would be amazing to see a coliseum reissue.
2003 Martin Hd-28
Fender Pro Jr. Combo
Keeley Modded Boss DS-1
Ernie Ball Vp Jr.
Quote by zachman5150
I have a MKIII Blue Stripe combo that I really like a lot, a few rectifiers, and a MKIV-- and the Coliseum KILLS them ALL, including the sought after MKIIC+, which yes- I have played.

Mine was a custom order (I'm the original owner). Mesa said they approximate 200 TOTAL were built, and I found out mine was the 13th one made.

Here is a short clip of the Coli at TV volumes:

http://www.netmusicians.org/files/14-whitesnake_Mark_III.mp3

Perhaps this will be useful for you so, here it is:

Mesa Stripe/Dot History

Thanks man. That clip sounded great. I'm gonna look around and see what I can find but I think that Coliseum beats all the sound clips I've heard of and of the other MK IIIs. I'm not too floored by the IIC+ tone that I've heard in person but John Petrucci's recordings with it are amazing, that's kinda the only reason I was looking at red stripe, I think the blue is more up my alley. Too bad they didn't make that many of those Coliseums though. Now I'm gonna have that tone stuck in my head and not be able to get it, unless Mesa makes a reissue, which I doubt. We might have to start a petition.

EDIT:
Quote by zachman5150
Thanks...

This is another thing I did w/ the Coli... set the tone very differently:

http://www.netmusicians.org/files/92-01%20Zach%20movie%20weirdness%20legato.mp3

This one sounds even better. It sounds like it could get very Holldsworth-ish. That doesn't really surprise me though since I've seen him use Mesas, most likely MK series. Thanks for all the info and clips. That Coliseum might be one of the best amps I've ever heard, no wonder you prefer it to your other Boogies.
Last edited by mmolteratx at Jan 8, 2009,
Quote by mmolteratx
Thanks man. That clip sounded great. I'm gonna look around and see what I can find but I think that Coliseum beats all the sound clips I've heard of and of the other MK IIIs. I'm not too floored by the IIC+ tone that I've heard in person but John Petrucci's recordings with it are amazing, that's kinda the only reason I was looking at red stripe, I think the blue is more up my alley. Too bad they didn't make that many of those Coliseums though. Now I'm gonna have that tone stuck in my head and not be able to get it, unless Mesa makes a reissue, which I doubt. We might have to start a petition.

EDIT:

This one sounds even better. It sounds like it could get very Holldsworth-ish. That doesn't really surprise me though since I've seen him use Mesas, most likely MK series. Thanks for all the info and clips. That Coliseum might be one of the best amps I've ever heard, no wonder you prefer it to your other Boogies.

You're welcome, and thanks for the kind words...

Re: the MKIII's as long as you get one w/ the Simul-Class option and the Graphic eq is a MUST have, they get REALLY close to that tone on the clip. Secret... To get that tone you have to re-amp the boogie w/d or as that recording w/d/w. I used a Mesa Simul395 Stereo Poweramp with that recording to power the L/R wet portion of the rig. Recorded in my living room w/ a roland vs880 and some mics just thrown on pillows in front of the marshall 4x12 cabs (3 of them, w/ Celestion G12H30's)

Very Much was going for a Holdsworth thing, but that one was guitar straight to amp. My buddy was wanting to test out a recording studio setup he was putting together, asked me to come over and we just did that real fast. I did the keyboard stuff while he tracked drums then I just did a quickie 1 take thing and it came out okay. I prefer a different mic, but overall it was fun.

I have spoken to Allan on many occasions about his tones. He's a REALLY smart and cool guy.

I prefer his old tones w/ his big racks and Mesa MK amps, but he RULES-- no matter what he's playing through.
Quote by zachman5150
You're welcome, and thanks for the kind words...

Re: the MKIII's as long as you get one w/ the Simul-Class option and the Graphic eq is a MUST have, they get REALLY close to that tone on the clip. Secret... To get that tone you have to re-amp the boogie w/d or as that recording w/d/w. I used a Mesa Simul395 Stereo Poweramp with that recording to power the L/R wet portion of the rig. Recorded in my living room w/ a roland vs880 and some mics just thrown on pillows in front of the marshall 4x12 cabs (3 of them, w/ Celestion G12H30's)

Very Much was going for a Holdsworth thing, but that one was guitar straight to amp. My buddy was wanting to test out a recording studio setup he was putting together, asked me to come over and we just did that real fast. I did the keyboard stuff while he tracked drums then I just did a quickie 1 take thing and it came out okay. I prefer a different mic, but overall it was fun.

I have spoken to Allan on many occasions about his tones. He's a REALLY smart and cool guy.

I prefer his old tones w/ his big racks and Mesa MK amps, but he RULES-- no matter what he's playing through.

+1
His tone with those old MK series is just amazing. But he does sound great through everything. I agree with you on the fact that he's incredibly smart. I bought one of his DVDs and the way he pieced everything together with no really formal music theory is incredible, especially his mastery of the entire fretboard. But his tone with those MK amps just rounded it out and made it that much better. I got mad at myself for being out of town during his last gig here, my guitar teacher's loves his stuff and really got me into him and said his shows are just incredible.
Quote by mmolteratx
+1
His tone with those old MK series is just amazing. But he does sound great through everything. I agree with you on the fact that he's incredibly smart. I bought one of his DVDs and the way he pieced everything together with no really formal music theory is incredible, especially his mastery of the entire fretboard. But his tone with those MK amps just rounded it out and made it that much better. I got mad at myself for being out of town during his last gig here, my guitar teacher's loves his stuff and really got me into him and said his shows are just incredible.

I don't even know how many times I've seen him live but it's more than I can count on 2 hands. He's AMAZING! I think that is the only real way to describe his talent...

He brilliance doesn't just stop there. He's a techical genius when it comes to gear from his input in the development of the Power soak, and the way he get's his chorus tones w/ an 8 voice delay... Brilliant stuff

The MKIII Simul-Class amps can be dialed in to have very horn like attack and the sustain provides a nice touch for doing the legato thing. Allan used these old TC Electronic Parametric eq's to really dial the mid frequencies to pop, while retaining the round edges of the Boogies sustaining gain. I LOVE these amps, and have been using them since 1981 (MKII B's)

Keep Rockin
Quote by Ddjembe Mutombo
they should start reselling the F-series. The express series totally sucks balls.

+11,000
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
Hmm, I haven't tried the express series yet, but the F- series was awesome.
2003 Martin Hd-28
Fender Pro Jr. Combo
Keeley Modded Boss DS-1
Ernie Ball Vp Jr.