hello
i've been playing for close to 2 years now and i realized since i try to play lead all the time, i'm horrible at playing rhythm guitar. its bad to the point where ive forgotten all my chords except 3 major chords.i just started trying to learn wonderwall by oasis as a first step to improving but its a bit difficult for me. can anyone recommend any easy songs that could help me out?
Little Red Riding Hood- Sam the Sham and the Pharoahs. That's the song I really used to get my chords good, ebcause you can play it at any speed.

Also, anything by black sabbath has a nice combitnation between reythm guitar and lead. try a song like Sabbath Bloody Sabbath and instead of playing led on the chorus play the chords.
well whats really helped me is figuring out what key i want to play in. figuring out which chords are what. and then with those chords try to make something sound good.

its good if you know how to form the E and A form barrechords. youll be able to hit alot of chords
well i can play a bunch of sabbath and nirvana songs - songs that have rhythm sections made up entirely of power chords- with no trouble at all. its the regular ( not- power chord) rhythm parts that are giving me trouble
Quote by shk89
well i can play a bunch of sabbath and nirvana songs - songs that have rhythm sections made up entirely of power chords- with no trouble at all. its the regular ( not- power chord) rhythm parts that are giving me trouble

Oh. If power chords are no problem, try super simple stuff like Give Me Novicaine. Simple chords that practice basic switches.
Broken by Seether. A good exercise between finger picking and chording.
Lips of an Angel by Hinder. A good intermediate practice for chording.
Rooster by Alice In Chains. Its just plain fun!
Hotel California - it's an excellent chord workout and there's a cracking solo in there too.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
theres a great chord version of Jeff Buckley- Hallelujah

and imitation of life by REM

both fairly simple songs which help with changes

hope that helps
house of the rising sun by the animals!! BEST CHORD song ever, very well known, its an awesome folk song. Its also easy to sing and play and the same time. its the first song i learned on guitar, and when u master it youll be much better with rhythym. its one of the few songs that it is easy to sing along with
Pasenger - Iggy Pop.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com