Okay, so here's the deal, I'm gonna replace the tuners on my Ibanez S620EXQM with locking tuners and remove the locking nut.

Not stupid?

Now here's what I'm wondering, what kind of locking tuners are the best?

I don't use the tremolo too much but sometimes I do. I'm looking for the best ones i can possibly get and I'm willing to pay about 100$ but, I'll pay more if there are some that are un-questionably the best.

I've heard the sperzel tuners are nice, also looked at gotoh tuners.

Thanks in advance for any responses.

- E.H.
Locking tuners don't work as well as locking nuts with a Floyd Rose.

EDIT: I mean yeah you can use them, I did. My neck wasn't capable of accespting a locking nut without lots of modification, so I used locking tuners. They work reasonably well, but not as well as a lokcing nut.

Why would you downgrade?
Enjoi <--- Friend me
Quote by Scowmoo
Otter, you're my new god.
Last edited by Øttər at Jan 7, 2009,
yeah but see the problem with the floyd is that its not a floyd, its a ZR trem, and i change tunings often.

EDIT: i know ur gonna say its the same, but, the ZR has much much better stability than a floyd, even if u break a string it wont go out of tune.
Last edited by enselmis at Jan 7, 2009,
It still works mostly the same way, with all the same benefits of a Floyd.

EDIT: Yes, I was going to say they are the same, but then I remembered they aren't haha! Anyway just read below.

Although if you must, I've had god experience with Schaller.

Talk to one of the two guys in my sig below, they can get you discounts on hardware.
Enjoi <--- Friend me
Quote by Scowmoo
No way!

Me too. Winnipeg?

And yes, go to a long and mcquade or other music store, they can order you schaller parts.

If you are referring to the guys in my sig, then yes, they will ship to Canada. Whether or not the discount is worth it depends on what you order.

You see, there is a shipping charge from say... allparts.com to LP Addict, and then from LP Addict to you. So it may not be worth the discount.
Enjoi <--- Friend me
Quote by Scowmoo
Yeha winnipeg, i usually stick with quest music though, doesnt cost anywhere near as much as mcquade, i bought an MXR 10 band EQ new for 50$ less than mcquade.

ill check em out though, thanks.
Quest on meadowood, or downtown?

I find that even the downtown location can be more expensive...
Enjoi <--- Friend me
Quote by Scowmoo
i got my guitar in meadow wood for 300$ off the regular price and it was new, came in the day b4. but usually the quest on portage, got my first guitar there and the guys there know me.
Thats cool man.

Yeah there aren't a lot of Canadians on UG, much less Manitobans.

I hope those tuners work out for you.
Enjoi <--- Friend me
Quote by Scowmoo