-Silverburst Epiphone Les Paul Custom
-Squier Stratocaster
Pedals
-Ibanez TS9DX Turbo Tube Screamer
-Fender PT-100
-MXR Phase 90
-Fuzz Face Clone
-MXR Carbon Copy
They're better than the AVTs and much better than the MGs, but not brilliant (although I like them more than I like a lot of small tube amps). What's your budget?
Quote by Cathbard
If all you had to go on was the forum you'd think a Decimator could cure noise caused by dodgey stage lighting and restock the ocean's population of sperm whales
Quote by shadow__666
They're better than the AVTs and much better than the MGs, but not brilliant (although I like them more than I like a lot of small tube amps). What's your budget?

found one on ebay for around 100. should i go for it? i have a spider 2, and i need an upgrade. is this a worthy upgrade?
MY GEAR!
Amp
-Peavey Classic 30
Guitars
-Squier Stratocaster
Pedals
-Fender PT-100
-MXR Phase 90
-Fuzz Face Clone
-MXR Carbon Copy
i really need help on this one, can someone answer?
MY GEAR!
Amp
-Peavey Classic 30
Guitars
-Squier Stratocaster
Pedals
-Fender PT-100
-MXR Phase 90
-Fuzz Face Clone
-MXR Carbon Copy
They're okay but not great. If it's only $100 you might as well try it then just sell it if you don't like it.
For that price, sure. It'll be a lot better than a Spider II. Just don't feel let down if you can't get a perfect Marshall crunch.
Quote by Cathbard
If all you had to go on was the forum you'd think a Decimator could cure noise caused by dodgey stage lighting and restock the ocean's population of sperm whales
Yeah sure go for it man
Can we erase the past?
To allow our dreams to forever last?

Gear:

Mesa Boogie Mini Rec 25
Mesa Boogie Rectifier 2x12 cab

Jackson DK2, DK2M, DKMGT, SLAT3-7, DK1
I used to use one for gigging with a covers band.

its a very useable amp, especially with an extension cab. Nice distortion sounds for SS. Reliable and loud (i had the 100w version)

tonewise, a massive improvement on a spider, especially if its only 100 dollars.

which valvestate is it?
Cursed to one day crash and burn because we fly so god damn high.