i'm loving this laptop, beats the sh*t out of my Compaq Presario 2200 (scored it from a pawn shop for $150...now i know why it was so cheap), but i really CAN'T stand when the screen dims after unplugging the power cord.

help please? lol. the compaq never does it, but my gf's Dell inspiron does. I've gone under 'system preferences' and 'display' or wherever and tried changing the times, but it didn't seem to do what i meant for it.

thanks in advance for any help.
My MAIN Gear
*Dunlop CFH
*fellow LEO feel free to give a shout out
^Yes it does, you just never realized it did. Most laptops do that to save power, and I don't think you can turn it off.
I've never had a mac before, but perhaps the setting just goes low so just turn it up again (with your fancy buttons on your arrows) each time you unplug.
Look in your System Preferences,
and then go to Energy Saver.
I think there might be options for this.

It's just doing that in order to save power, so the battery will last longer.

myspace.com/weasheroesband
click on the battery status icon then go to energy saver preferences and fiddle around in there, also press the F2

Quote by think11270
Look in your System Preferences,
and then go to Energy Saver.
I think there might be options for this.

It's just doing that in order to save power, so the battery will last longer.

goddammit
Last edited by amason51 at Jan 7, 2009,
Quote by Freddedonna
^Yes it does, you just never realized it did. Most laptops do that to save power, and I don't think you can turn it off.

Hmm. Well I'll take a look next time I'm using it.
Keep it plugged in
Gunpowder: FUCKING ROCKS!!!
Quote by The Madcap
[witty set-up]
Gunpowder FUCKING ROCKS!!!!!

Quote by Kensai

Gunpowder you fucking rock!!

Quote by Dirge Humani
Now I can say, with sufficient certainly, that you, Gunpowder...

FUCK ROCKS!
Quote by slash_rocks2005
i'm loving this laptop, beats the sh*t out of my Compaq Presario 2200 (scored it from a pawn shop for $150...now i know why it was so cheap), but i really CAN'T stand when the screen dims after unplugging the power cord.

help please? lol. the compaq never does it, but my gf's Dell inspiron does. I've gone under 'system preferences' and 'display' or wherever and tried changing the times, but it didn't seem to do what i meant for it.

thanks in advance for any help.

Congratulations, you bought a laptop. Sounds like you need a new obvious battery.
You're*
Oh it's really simple.

Hit the clover button, and ctrl+click and hit q+w+e+r+t+y really quickly and then double tap your space bar.
GEAR
Epiphone SG-400
Marshall 1987 JCM-800 2210 100W

Proud Member of:
The SG Owners Unite
Marshall Amplification
EHX Users Guild

The True Eccentric Tea Drinking Appreciation Preservation Society

weeping_demon shush! it does that auto. and it automatically brightens when you plug back in. if you just want it to stay bright just tap your F2 button a couple of times. its not that hard is it? but if youre in a full screen program just hold the Fn button then tap F2
SATCH FTW!!!
NSW Group FTW!

There's nothing incredibly interesting here.
Quote by Survivalism
Congratulations, you bought a laptop. Sounds like you need a new obvious battery.

alright well if you're gonna be a smart ass make sure you read the OP THOROUGHLY first. i stated that i DIDN'T have this problem with my previous laptop, hence why i don't know what to do. New battery is highly unlikely as it's brand new and has charged perfectly fine.

and i thank those who helped with advice, i'll simply use the brighten button when unplugged! thanks!
My MAIN Gear
*Dunlop CFH
*fellow LEO feel free to give a shout out
try looking for a program called caffine for mac.That is what i use to stop the screen from turning off
I never noticed it before you made this thread, but for me it's not very significant.

That Caffeine app mentioned above looks good.
Quote by juancsego
i have a right to do anything with the least amount of activity possible and if u cant respect that u can go to japan and buy panties out of vending machines...communists

If you live in Australia, save your internet:

Click.
try the system preferences energy saver, set it to not put the screen to sleep.
On the left of the F keys, there are 2 keys that control the brightness of the screen. Adjust to your liking.

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana