because of my terrible luck with electronics, I'm experiencing a problem with my amp. When I play after 10 minutes or so, I hear a sudden decrease in volume and power of the amp, now I know that's generally a power tube problem but mine are all lit and orange. I can't properly see the preamp tubes because they're covered with a metal covering. Should I take these off to see if my preamp tubes at lit? If it helps, this started happening after I plugged pedals into my loop a week ago. The amp is pretty new also so Im kind of upset this would happen, can anyone give me some advice as to fix this problem? Thanksp
Quote by Scutchington
I like this guy, he's UG's Greek, and he just told your ass in two paragraphs. And I once spent 5 minutes watching his avatar.

A Brain Malfunction

We'll Never Admit As Defeat
how new man? Tubes usually have a 90day warranty with most new amps, I would call the place you got it from. Also, even if they are lit, there can still be a problem with the tube, it's usually hard to visually see a tube problem unless it's arcing/redplating or completely burnt out.

When the volume drops after 10min, try and keep an eye on your powertubes and see if it's shorting or something. Could also be a pre going, does it happen on all channels/modes?
"The fool doth think he is wise, but the wiseman knows himself to be a fool." - W.S.
amp clips
amp vids
i bought the amp the day after Christmas this year so it's damn new, however how long it was in the store i don't know.

and yes this happens on both my channels
Quote by Scutchington
I like this guy, he's UG's Greek, and he just told your ass in two paragraphs. And I once spent 5 minutes watching his avatar.

A Brain Malfunction

sounds like power tubes to me - get them or the amp replaced with warranty. It happens. You can see your preamp tubes if you take that aluminum casing off. Push down, turn slightly, pull off. I doubt that is it tho. What amp is this?

good luck
it's a mesa stiletto deuce.

all the power tubes are lit and orange though. when i turn on the amp i hear this hissing sound, is that normal? maybe that's what's causing it?
Quote by Scutchington

A Brain Malfunction

not familiar with that amp and i'm not an amp tech.

the power tubes are not super bright are they?

hissing could be from a number of things. All tube amps 'hiss' to some degree.

has it always done this? Even with guitar unplugged right? Is amp isolated to it's own power outlet? Eitherway, those things don't have much to do with volume dropping. It could be a preamp tube. Those amps are made well, even if it was a floor model.

Exercise your warranty.