ok so i got the ampeg svx to try out but my computer is set so that programs open with guitar pro so when i click on the ampeg program and it trys to open in guitar pro its says error so what should i do or what program should i use to open the program
AHH, AMPEG!!! RUN FOR THE HILLS!!!!

To answer your question, if it has to do with ampeg, just guess. No one really knows.
You should really use it as a VST plugin, not a standalone product. If you have no idea what I'm talking about and/or don't know how to do that, then chances are you won't have any advantages in using it.
Quote by Cody_Grey102
I was looking at a used Warwick Vampyre LTD 5'er for about $200. I went home to grab my wallet and came back and some jerk with an epic beard got it already..
honestly i have no idea how o even get it to work cause it says error i just need to know what to open it in or what to do so can someonehelp
Download a sound editing program, like Adobe Audition, like I use. Install Ampeg SVX as a VST plugin. Go into Audition, and make it search that install directory for VST plugins. Then use Ampeg SVX as an effect - record your bass "DI" first, then run the program on the prerecorded line.

If you can't be bothered to do that, then I can't help you.
Quote by Cody_Grey102
I was looking at a used Warwick Vampyre LTD 5'er for about $200. I went home to grab my wallet and came back and some jerk with an epic beard got it already..
You were just told by Fitz...

Basically, the programs I know of to use VST plugins with are Cubase, and Audition. If you don't have either of them, or no idea how they work, I suggest you just forget about it.

Quote by MightyAl
How do you physically download an album? Like run your computer off a dynamo on an exercise bike?
Try right clicking and choose Open With? >.>

Or try running it as an administrator.
Quote by Mutant Corn
I think that was the point...those are the most popular body styles, and TS wants to know which one UG thinks is coolest.zAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

edit: my cat walked across my keyboard
I run it in ProTools, but it likes to crash the system. I really dislike that plugin for many reasons, but it does have decent sounds.
Telecaster - SG - Jaguar
Princeton Reverb, Extra Reverb
P-Bass - Mustang Bass
Apogee Duet 2 - Ableton Suite
well okay now i have adobe audition but when i open it i ttrys to open in adobe reader so wha should i open it with
ok so i got audition to work so now i need to know how i get the registration stuff off a downloaded copy off limewire or how do i get the digital id number
Last edited by wildfire1871 at Jan 8, 2009,
ok well sorry for posting alot in a row but like as soon as i post something i figure it out so here is something i need to know how do i plug my bass to the computer or make sound come out
Direct box and an interface.
Schecter Stiletto Studio 5
Ibanez SRX2EX1
Gallien Krueger 1001rbii
Gallien Krueger Neo 410
ok heres what i have a guitar cable an amp a computer a bass and a quarter to eight jack so how the hell do i do this
An interface would be the easiest way to go.

But you can hook up with your cable and the 1/4 to 1/8 and plugging into the microphone jack.

It will be quiet unless you have a preamp, and it's mono.

And you really need to just CHILL OUT!
Well can you give me like a diagram or instructions on how to do that with the eight to fourth jack cause i have no idea how to do it like what plugs into what and then what do i do?
Also...you need to RTFM. Unless you got everything um..in a less than legal fashion, then well you're on your own.

And yes Google is your friend here. As is the search function.
well obviously i would think to go to google and i didnt find one thing which is why i came here.Bu my aim is for my guitar to be amplified through my computer using the ampeg svx with my bass cables and computer
... it doesn't quite work like that.
Quote by Cody_Grey102
It's a piece of software, a plugin to a recording program, meant for emulating ampeg amplifiers in lieu of actually owning them and micing them. It's for recording purposes. Using it standalone and in real time to pretend it's an amp is not what it's for, and you might have some latency and system resource issues, assuming you can run it in real time at all. If you told us you wanted to use it like an amp from the get go, you would've saved a lot of time and trouble. This is a high-end recording aid.

If you want to use your computer as an amp, plug your bass into your soundcard. If you're going to tell me that the tone isn't good enough - that you want a good tone to come out of your computer and running it straight into the computer is unacceptable, don't bother.
Quote by Cody_Grey102
ok well hen in that case can you tell me how to use the way it should be used.i honestly know nothing about i i never claimed i did.
why would i need a small budge amp when i done have a not small amp that just doesnt make any sense and was senseless in this conversation.it was irrelevant
who needs an amp?
You need a amp to be able to hear yourself..
When you playing an ELECTRIC bass. Amp is everything...

Your Ampeg SVX. Is it the plugin or standalone version?

But a USB Recording interface, it makes it MUCH easier!

The latency is really nothing to worry about, you can't tell.
Quote by wildfire1871
why would i need a small budge amp when i done have a not small amp that just doesnt make any sense and was senseless in this conversation.it was irrelevant
who needs an amp?

To Quote Samuel Jackson...."ENGLISH! MUTHA #@$%er"

In all honesty. I think there is a huge miscommunication between the TS and the rest of us because I dont quite understand what you are trying to do. If you can...pre-read your posts. They will make sense to yourself. It will help us, and ofcourse you!

Are you trying to record your bass or are you as Fitz said...trying to use the svx program as an amp?

*Edit* It's hard for me to read sarcasm in that when its even hard to read that post...
Gear List

Gibson Les Paul Standard
ESP M-II
Jackson KingV
Oscar Schmitt OE30

Orange Rockerverb 50
Marshall Mode Four

Gas List
Gibson Firebird
Last edited by randomhero65 at Jan 10, 2009,
If your looking for a way to play with it. It has to be the stand-alone one, or you need another program to open it.

Plug in your bass with a USB/Firewire Interface, which are like $100-500
or plug it into a 1/4->1/8 adapter and put it in the microphone.
ok guys when ever i go to open audio and i play it back i dont hear the audio clip of me playing just a high pitched buzzing sound
Get a StealthPlug. Saves you a LOT of sound card trouble, plus it comes with the most user friendly recording program around, Tracktion, free of charge.

gogogogo
Quote by Mutant Corn
I think that was the point...those are the most popular body styles, and TS wants to know which one UG thinks is coolest.zAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

edit: my cat walked across my keyboard