Page 1 of 2
How to Hug

Sure, we've got a thread for e-hugs but sometimes those aren't enough, Sometimes you need a real, warm, happy, hug.

"How do I do this?" You may ask, well you came to the right place for this thread is dedicated to the proper technique of hugging, THE most important thing you'll ever need to know.

I'm going to need your guys help though to compile a proper list, input is crucial.

First I'll give a picture, do what is shown here and the person receiving the hug will definitely be satisfied.

Eventually you'll learn to hug like the pros if this thread goes well, here is what you may accomplish later in your hugging career.

So, lets make this thread, the best hugging thread ever!

The List!

Quote by jetfuel495
Don't squeeze too hard, especially if you're the awkward type who gets boners from hugs lasting more than ten seconds

Quote by vash_08
watch out for guys who like to touch their genitals to yours while hugging.

Quote by rosamamosa
additionally, if you're trying to cheer someone up, put your arms over theirs. if it's just a hug, go under.

this goes for boys hugging girls, by the way.

Quote by madbasslover
When you're hugging someone, don't lean into her. She will try to compensate and one way or the other you're both falling over.

Trust me.

Quote by oscar666
If its with a girl shorter than you, then its always cool when they reace right up round your neck when they're hugging you, stretching on their tippytoes. Always think its really sweet

And snug hugs are so much better than the slightly impersonal normal hugs. Get your head right in their neck. It rocks

Quote by The4thHorsemen
hm, are the one armed hugs acceptable?
I'd say only if you are carrying something, otherwise you should use both!
Quote by 20cdndollars
You are god, floppypick

Floppydick

If that's how you read my name, leave a message saying so on my profile
Last edited by floppypick at Jan 8, 2009,
I've only been hugged by my parents when I was really young before they died, and my girlfriend I had through high school.
Play the man, Master Ridley; we shall this day light such a candle, by God's grace, in England, as I trust shall never be put out.
Quote by mustangrobert13
How can you try to compete with Imdeth's thread?

Hopefully people realize the importance of real life hugs over fake hugs. It's like comparing kissing to sex!
Quote by 20cdndollars
You are god, floppypick

Floppydick

If you're a hot chick you've probably got a good chance with the lead singer or guitar player, If you're a little bit overweight, you should probably go for the drummer. If you're a dude, go for the bass player
Quote by floppypick
Hopefully people realize the importance of real life hugs over fake hugs. It's like comparing kissing to sex!

of course! Always grab the butt. ALWAYS.

dont hate me if you get slapped

80th best UGer
This thread made me smile. :]
“I want every girl in the world to pick up a guitar and start screaming”

I will prove you wrong.
Quote by bubblesgogo
This thread made me smile. :]

I will continue to update the list, but i must be going now, hope to get lots of input!
Quote by 20cdndollars
You are god, floppypick

Floppydick

Quote by vash_08

Thus resulting in boners, making you gay.

EDIT: although, as the other guy said, it's kinda unavoidable

EDIT EDIT: Wait, why am I thinking in terms of manhugs?
Last edited by jetfuel495 at Jan 8, 2009,
floppypick, if I had seventy dollars for every time you made a thread that I actually approved of, I would probably blow it all on heroin.

This thread is aiding my addiction. So, thanks a lot
Gunpowder: FUCKING ROCKS!!!
Quote by The Madcap
[witty set-up]
Gunpowder FUCKING ROCKS!!!!!

Quote by Kensai

Gunpowder you fucking rock!!

Quote by Dirge Humani
Now I can say, with sufficient certainly, that you, Gunpowder...

FUCK ROCKS!
Gayest thread ever?

...Maybe.

Edit* Never mind, we have the "let's talk about gay's " thread.
Quote by red18420
There is no point except party and be healthy and happy. Also money is not something to live for. If i didnt need money for drugs and beer i would give mine away.

Vote here to help me get to BC!
Last edited by Jericho114 at Jan 7, 2009,
Quote by yurfinlfntsy
I've only been hugged by my parents when I was really young before they died, and my girlfriend I had through high school.

Aww.

If you can bear to hear the truth you've spoken
Twisted by knaves to make a trap for fools,
Or watch the things you gave your life to, broken,
And stoop and build 'em up with worn-out tools
Quote by vash_08

...isn't this what's supposed to happen?
seriously...

additionally, if you're trying to cheer someone up, put your arms over theirs. if it's just a hug, go under.

Looks like someone woke up on the wrong side of the cake this morning!

yeah, that's an inside joke. i made it different colors and sizes to be obnoxious...
i sometimes get too excited and nearly kill the other person when hugging....
PURPLE IS SEXY
Quote by rosamamosa
...isn't this what's supposed to happen?
seriously...

Excellent point, except when you're hugging a girl who is around 8 inches smaller than you are, which was nuts because I'm only 5'8"
DOESN'T REALLY CARE ABOUT RON WILSON
Quote by jetfuel495

Me either, I savor it.

It becomes a problem though, when you meet someone else who won't pull back, and then you end up in an awkwardly long hug. But im not complaining

Oh how I miss that.
When you're hugging someone, don't lean into her. She will try to compensate and one way or the other you're both falling over.

Trust me.

EDIT:
It becomes a problem though, when you meet someone else who won't pull back, and then you end up in an awkwardly long hug. But im not complaining

I knew a girl who was into long hugs. It was so great, man. I love long hugs, myself. I'm not one of those "put the arms around and then get the hell out of there" types.
Last edited by madbasslover at Jan 8, 2009,
Quote by jetfuel495

Me either, I savor it.

i never pull back, and i used to have a friend who wouldn't either. it eventually became a competition on who could pull back last, so sometimes we'd end up walking like that for a while.

yeah, that's an inside joke. i made it different colors and sizes to be obnoxious...
Quote by madbasslover
I knew a girl who was into long hugs. It was so great, man. I love long hugs, myself. I'm not one of those "put the arms around and then get the hell out of there" types.

I hear you on that one. It's so relaxing, isn't it? Stress just melts away
Quote by rosamamosa
i never pull back, and i used to have a friend who wouldn't either. it eventually became a competition on who could pull back last, so sometimes we'd end up walking like that for a while.

that's so awesome, you lucky dog
Long hugs are the ****.
Also, I don't like it when people hug too lightly. There exists a perfect middle ground between constriction and loosely embracing, and when it is hit, something beautiful happens.
Number 9
Number 9
Number 9
Number 9
Number 9
Quote by Altered_Carbon
Long hugs are the ****.
Also, I don't like it when people hug too lightly. There exists a perfect middle ground between constriction and loosely embracing, and when it is hit, something beautiful happens.

i actually like hugs that are a little too tight. of course, i need to be able to breathe, but up til that point, the snugger the better!

Quote by Altered_Carbon
Long hugs are the ****.

*nod nod*
“I want every girl in the world to pick up a guitar and start screaming”

I will prove you wrong.
Quote by jetfuel495

Me either, I savor it.

No kidding, I know this one girl who apparently likes how I hug, well she likes long hugs.

It was weird the first time, not in a bad way but more... "oh you're not done yet.." kind of way.

List updated!
Quote by 20cdndollars
You are god, floppypick

Floppydick

I miss my old school. That was such a hug freindly place.
"Loathe metaphors. Pander to undereducated masses. Get doctorate, have a real conversation" Mordin Solus
Hugs=Heaven

There needs to be some advice on how to give a girl thats a foot shorter than you a hug. haha :p
love is love // return to dust
^ at that height it is easier to whip out your penis and put it on her breasts
I love getting hugs from girls, it just relieves so much tension. I'm not a giver myself, I'm too shy for that, but I'll receive a hug anytime.
Call me Jack.
All that you love...
...you must love now.
My Gear:
PRS Custom 24
Standard MIM Tele
Larrivée LV-09E
Rivera Clubster 45 112 Combo Tube
Boss ME-20 Multi-effects pedal
Boss OC-3 Super octave pedal
My own home-made octave-up pedal
Quote by madbasslover
Why isn't my advice up there? I was speaking from experience!

Sorry I completely missed that, will add now.
Quote by 20cdndollars
You are god, floppypick

Floppydick

All I have to say is that, I never half ass a hug. And I dont like it when people give halfassed hugs. Make it proper! Not one standing like 3 feet away from each other, nothing too short, and its gotta be perfectly snug.
Quote by tancanada
Hugs=Heaven

There needs to be some advice on how to give a girl thats a foot shorter than you a hug. haha :p

When you're a lot taller then the person you're hugging it will be very difficult to get that 'perfect' hug.
It will take a lot of practice with that person, but eventually with a lot of hugging you can get there.

All I can suggest is probably bend over instead of bending your knees, so don't squat down.
Quote by 20cdndollars
You are god, floppypick

Floppydick

Wait I always put my left arm under my girlfriends right arm and my right arm over her left arm so its like a cross then we hug like that...

if that makes sense
Quote by IDread
You know something is wrong when you have to utter the words "I have ganja in my eye" to your mother...

Quote by RIPKurt67-94
Aliens don't exist. I live on Mars, and I can assure you that there is no life here.

I hijacked this!
Quote by floppypick

Fake hugs are nearly as awesome as real life hugs
The hugging thread rules. This, not as much.
Although i will supply a pearl of wisdom
If someone wants a hug off you, they want it because its you, so hug however you feel like it. If its from you, thats all they want

Quote by floppypick
When you're a lot taller then the person you're hugging it will be very difficult to get that 'perfect' hug.
It will take a lot of practice with that person, but eventually with a lot of hugging you can get there.

All I can suggest is probably bend over instead of bending your knees, so don't squat down.

If its with a girl shorter than you, then its always cool when they reace right up round your neck when they're hugging you, stretching on their tippytoes. Always think its really sweet

And snug hugs are so much better than the slightly impersonal normal hugs. Get your head right in their neck. It rocks
Last edited by oscar666 at Jan 8, 2009,
Quote by imdeth
I'm never the person who pulls back from the hug

Assholes...

Me neither.
But it would be awkward if i was hugging a non-pullerbacker and it went on for ages expecting them to pull back.
Now I think about it, I havent hugged a girl in so long. Life isnt what it used to be
Page 1 of 2