i was wondering if there is i'm gonna go talk to someone at my school about it, but I've heard of people taking it and just wondering if you have it at your school.

i will be taking it through modules
When I was in high school, the kids in music theory did absolutely nothing. Just played around.

Our band director only cared about the marching and symphonic band.
Play the man, Master Ridley; we shall this day light such a candle, by God's grace, in England, as I trust shall never be put out.
yeah our school has music theory and music theory ap.

they had ap for like the first time last year.

there were 7 kids in the class.
ya i wouldn't be taking it with the school the band teacher kinda sucks anyway. think it's worth it?
Quote by yurfinlfntsy
When I was in high school, the kids in music theory did absolutely nothing. Just played around.

Our band director only cared about the marching and symphonic band.

im in AP theory.

you are correct, we do nothing. =)
My Gear:
Gibson Faded Flying V
"Dante's Inferno" Iceman
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe 112
etc.

Quote by freedoms_stain
I can't imagine anything worse than shagging to Mark Knopfler.

Maybe shagging Mark Knopfler, but that's about it.
I took it in high school and learned a fair bit. It was only a semester, the other half being music appreciation, but I thought it was a useful bit of knowledge on both ends.

EDIT: I suppose it does all depend on the teacher. My band teacher was pretty awesome. Not everyone is so lucky.
I have an AP music theory class at my school, but from what I've heard the people in that class barely do crap...
we have it at my school but you have to be in band or choir to get in it. kinda sucks, but whatever, i'd rather learn from the internet music theory than some old ass band director who could probably care less.
again i wouldn't be taking it with a teacher, well only if i needed help kinda thing i do alot of theory at home and was just think i might learn something plus i get credits.

(credits aren't a big thing i already had 10before i started grade 10 anyway.)
My band director has never helped us learn anything. Band and jazz band run on pure talent.

I wish we had some kind of class for that.
Quote by C O B H C
If you want to get really technical about it..

1. Grab sticks.
2. Bang sticks on drums.

^how to play drums.

UG POKER
Quote by yellowshirtguy
My band director has never helped us learn anything. Band and jazz band run on pure talent.

I wish we had some kind of class for that.

i was in band for 4years i hated it till last year when i got big on theory but i didn't really like how the teacher explained it plus she only made you learn like one scale and that was c major. plus how she explained relative minor scales was stupid i didnt get it at all then i look at the circle of fifth's and understood how to get them and all that crap.
i have music theory 1 & 2 in my school

ill probably take 1 next year or 11 grade, and then the following year from that ill take 2

#57 in UG Top 100 2010!

I really ought to get my username changed...
I took theory and got a 5 on the exam.
I worked my ass off, but I'll say it was beyond helpful with guitar, as well as helping me learn to play the piano.

It's totally worth it if you have a good teacher.
Quote by boardsofcanada
^^

<_<
~Bass'-play-er.

The #1 member of the club that isn't terribly predjudiced against emo. Get over yourselves.
PM me, or just say # x
And part of Fortysix and twos Defenders of Emo club.

" Zach_F I love you for that."