Hey everyone I have a problem with my pedals. I have a DD-7 and a Fulltone Fulldrive 2 with Mosfet. When I have my DD-7 on and then turn on my FF2 by pressing the switch, I can hear a click sound through my amp (Vox AC15 Custom Classic). If I turn the feedback higher, for example past 12 on my DD-7, you can hear "CLICK...CLick...click...click...click... and so on, however feedback I put determines this. I've already went to guitar center and switched my DD-7 just as a precaution but it didn't work. This is pedal chain:

Dean Markley (PT30?) Tuner
Ibanez WD7 Wah
Fulltone Fulldrive 2
Ibanez TS-9 DX
Ibanez TS-9 Reissue
Boss DD-7 with Boss FS5U External footswitch

I can also hear a click when I use my switch to switch between bridge, middle, and neck pick-ups but maybe that is a separate issue, still dreadful.

Could the problem be my cables? I use the Live Wire cables from GC, and I have one Hossa brand. All I can say is that it is embarrassing to click on my FF2 during a set because of the clicking noise. What factors determine the clicking noise? Any way I can fix it?
The repeated clicking is probably a click from the switch from the FF2 turning on and the delay repeating it since it's in the signal path. The clicking from your switch could be because your switch is bad or it could just be something normal that you have to deal with.

Could you just turn the delay off, turn the FF2 on and then turn the delay back on? That way there would only be the one click.
Quote by Vincent Vega
Haikus are awesome
but sometimes they don't make sense
Refrigerator

Quote by KissingShadows
People always tell me I solo like Zakk Wylde. Thats how I know that I suck.
Last edited by thsrayas at Jan 8, 2009,
Quote by thsrayas
The repeated clicking is probably a click from the switch from the FF2 turning on and the delay repeating it since it's in the signal path. The clicking from your switch could be because your switch is bad or it could just be something normal that you have to deal with.

Could you just turn the delay off, turn the FF2 on and then turn the delay back on? That way there would only be the one click.

Thats what I do but its too much tap dancing around =/...I play for my church and we do fast pace songs and when I need to switch on the fly I go bananas Especially when it's quiet and I'm switching it on and off...Gah...just thinking of the click bothers me! I used to have a Line 6 DL4 and it did the same thing. It might be the FF2, I just don't know what is wrong with it. Thank you for your suggestions though!
Is the tap tempo on? Because my amp picks up the little flickering of the light on the DD-7 when the tap tempo is used.

Fractal Axe-Fx Ultra
EBMM JP7 Dargies Delight II
Manuel Rodriguez C Cedar Top
Quote by Necrophagist777
Is the tap tempo on? Because my amp picks up the little flickering of the light on the DD-7 when the tap tempo is used.

I never really tried it without the tap tempo. I'll check that tomorrow. It wouldn't seem like it was the external tap tempo because the tap tempo turns on as soon as I click it and even without it, there is still a click sound. I hope its the tap tempo, I still have 3 days to swap it for a new one.
Quote by kooyakarl
I never really tried it without the tap tempo. I'll check that tomorrow. It wouldn't seem like it was the external tap tempo because the tap tempo turns on as soon as I click it and even without it, there is still a click sound. I hope its the tap tempo, I still have 3 days to swap it for a new one.

Mine clicks, but it's very very faint. And it's because my pedal is about a foot from the amp.

If yours is loud and your pedal is far away I doubt it's the tap tempo.

Fractal Axe-Fx Ultra
Quote by Necrophagist777
Mine clicks, but it's very very faint. And it's because my pedal is about a foot from the amp.

If yours is loud and your pedal is far away I doubt it's the tap tempo.

Wait... distance from the amp and the pedals determine if it makes noises like this or not? Because its close to my amp. But even if the volume is turned down it will still make the click sound.... I'm confused haha.
Quote by kooyakarl
Wait... distance from the amp and the pedals determine if it makes noises like this or not? Because its close to my amp. But even if the volume is turned down it will still make the click sound.... I'm confused haha.

Well i'm not 100% sure but I think the speaker is picking up the light flickering on the pedal. Because mine clicks exactly at the tempo of the light.

But it's barely noticeable and not relevant when I'm playing.

Fractal Axe-Fx Ultra
Quote by Necrophagist777
Well i'm not 100% sure but I think the speaker is picking up the light flickering on the pedal. Because mine clicks exactly at the tempo of the light.

But it's barely noticeable and not relevant when I'm playing.

Oh alright I think I know where you're going with that. So the amp can pick up the signal possibly? I know an amp can pick up static from places. I had this annoying buzzing sound that was because a light was turned on in the room haha.
Quote by kooyakarl
Oh alright I think I know where you're going with that. So the amp can pick up the signal possibly? I know an amp can pick up static from places. I had this annoying buzzing sound that was because a light was turned on in the room haha.

Yea, Same here. My amp picked up a flickering light outside the house for a long time. I think it's just the little flashing bulb the amp is picking up.

Fractal Axe-Fx Ultra
well I don't own that pedal but let me throw some things out.

my amp picks up my cell phone sometimes and chirps.

I'm glad NP has a handle on this because I was going to tell you to turn the regen down

Is your pedal plugged into the same power strip as amp - try seperating.

A microphonic preamp tube will F things up like that more easily so that is something to look into too.

that is all
Good Stuff 311. I second trying to separate the power source of the pedal and amp.

Fractal Axe-Fx Ultra
Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH
well I don't own that pedal but let me throw some things out.

my amp picks up my cell phone sometimes and chirps.

I'm glad NP has a handle on this because I was going to tell you to turn the regen down

Is your pedal plugged into the same power strip as amp - try seperating.

A microphonic preamp tube will F things up like that more easily so that is something to look into too.

that is all

Wow I never thought of that...thanks! I usually always plug it in to the same power strip or wall socket. Hopefully that may work. If it is the pedal, I wouldn't want to pay for repairs, but then again...I like my FF2.
I think the last thing that it would be is your cables, it's most likely the FF2. Does it make the same clicking noise when you turn on other pedals?
Quote by Vincent Vega
Haikus are awesome
Refrigerator

Quote by KissingShadows
the only other time it makes a click noise is when i switch between pickups using the 3 way switch on my guitar. other than that it's just my FF2.

George L's are cables, they have patch cable kits but they run between $70-$91 and you only can make 5 cables out of it.

It's a constant click, everytime I use my FF2. I don't know if the switch is bad or its something else.

Now my question is, what's regen? haha sorry, I'm not really smart with terms.
Last edited by kooyakarl at Jan 8, 2009,
Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH
could be i suppose

is it a random click or constant?

sorry, what is a George L? Lynch?

Regen is turned down right?

I think they are a brand of cable? Fairly expensive I assume.

Fractal Axe-Fx Ultra
Quote by kooyakarl
the only other time it makes a click noise is when i switch between pickups using the 3 way switch on my guitar. other than that it's just my FF2.

George L's are cables, they have patch cable kits but they run between $70-$91 and you only can make 5 cables out of it.

It's a constant click, everytime I use my FF2. I don't know if the switch is bad or its something else.

yeah a click when changing pups is common I guess.
i don't have super expensive cables running thru all my stuff.
this seems to be the culprit - the FF2
regen is reneration of the delay signal basically - but i don't think that is it.
does this pedal take a battery? Try putting a new battery in.

can you seperate the amp and the FF2 completely on power and see what happens?

Quote by kooyakarl

Then I'm sure it's the FF2. It could be the switch but it could also be that all FF2s do that when you turn them on.
Quote by Vincent Vega
Haikus are awesome
Refrigerator

Quote by KissingShadows
Quote by thsrayas
Then I'm sure it's the FF2. It could be the switch but it could also be that all FF2s do that when you turn them on.

Yeah it must be the FF2, I only started noticing it last month when I 'had' to plug in my Vox into the PA system. I had horrible sound and thats when I heard the clicks. I sent Fulltone a email regarding the problem but they haven't responded back to me yet.

Sooo....any tips on how to remove the annoying clicking sound when I switch from bridge/middle/neck? I guess my pickups pick up the click from the switch?
I'm not familiar with the FF2 but try a new battery.

As far as the selector switch, you could try upgrading the switch itself to something more higher end. If you have any grounding issues with your guitar it could make that click more pronounced. There could be a bad solder joint somewhere in there that is causing unnecessary feedback from switch.
You could try installing a higher quality switch, that could solve it but not necessarily since switch noise is pretty common.
Quote by Vincent Vega
Haikus are awesome
Refrigerator

Quote by KissingShadows
alright thanks you guys! Btw...what are some good switches? I went to guitarfetish.com and they got me on the prices. My guitar only has a volume and a tone knob. I might switch the zebra style humbuckers too...maybe to the ones on the site, only cost like $40 a pop.