I want to be able to busk on guitar, but I need to know how I can plug in my amp when I'm on a street. Can you buy battery-operated power points or something? I could get a Roland Cube Street but I'd have to save up heaps. Can anyone help? My amp is a small practice amp, loud enough to play on a street though.
get one of those marshall mini-stack pocket amps. they are battery powered and are actually fairly loud for there size. combined with an acoustic guitar that would be all the volume you need. plus they make great practice amps (although run a distortion pedal into it if you wanna use the distortion because it is pretty subpar, but what do you expect?)
Quote by coolstoryangus
Pffffffft schematics

Although i guess the OP will have to get used to reading them if he's going to buy a bugera..
Quote by gregs1020

along with fire escape routes...

Quote by invaderzim31
I'd get a micro cube

so would I. I have one, and they're great little amps. they'll do everything from super clean to metal.
My Gear:
Fender Stratocaster Deluxe HSS
Hagstrom HIIN
Crate Palomino V32H w/ matching cab.
Roland Cube 60
Roland Micro Cube
BOSS ME-20
Digitech Bad Monkey
Art and Lutherie acoustic
Get a practice-generator
The will be heartache,
there will be rain,
and joy I can't explain.
I don't really think it's the greatest idea to busk with an electric... Maybe it's just me, idk.
Quote by ewp805
^^^Ladies and gentlemen, I give you Ted!^^^

Monsterbeast is fat and ugly.
nah, I've seen and no people that busk with electrics and make good cash and draw a crowd. One guy I know made 100 dollars from 2 hours playing Necrophagist!
Quote by Myung-trucci
nah, I've seen and no people that busk with electrics and make good cash and draw a crowd. One guy I know made 100 dollars from 2 hours playing Necrophagist!

now that would be a sight. but yeh, definately get a battery powered pocket amp.
Quote by coolstoryangus
Pffffffft schematics

Although i guess the OP will have to get used to reading them if he's going to buy a bugera..
Quote by gregs1020

along with fire escape routes...

dude easy fix buy a battery powered marshall pocket amp...those things are pretty decent and got good volume for being a timy sob and they are only around 50 bucks...you cant go wrong. either that or busk out on an acoustic (i've done it) just learn something like "Dust In The Wind" by kansas...its actually a pretty easy song.
Get a microcube or street cube. If you busk good then you should be able to pay them back.
███████
███████████
██████████████
███████████████
█████████████
███████████████
███████████
███████

Quote by synpet713192
.... Don't people generally busk with acoustic guitars?

Agreed.

You mess with the flag, you're still a spade
Quote by NoLaurelTree000
that is the cheesiest protest song i have ever heard...

This.

Love them though.
i once saw this guy playing an electric guitar busking, outside burger king they have these power supply things for guitar amplifiers. look around for a power box thing with plugs?
do you love...ARSIS
Quote by GooGooFluffers
i believe you may be our saviour
all hail lordllama!
Personally, if I saw somebody busking with an electric guitar (particularly playing metal) I would laugh hysterically in their face. I just can't picture how you could not look like a complete dork/tool. But if you have to, I guess go with the marshall mini stack things.

My mind is going. I can feel it.
Quote by Myung-trucci

LINK NOW! I wanna be that man someday!

There is a vid of an awesome Japanese Kid playing Cowboys from Hell on the street in tokyo. He played it flawlessly too.

Quote by Beakwithteeth
Holy **** that's awful...

I hate PTH with such a passion. Liberal Idiots.

Fractal Axe-Fx Ultra
EBMM JP7 Dargies Delight II
Manuel Rodriguez C Cedar Top
Last edited by Necrophagist777 at Jan 8, 2009,
Quote by Cheesepuff
Instead of buying a mini amp or generator.. how about you get an acoustic guitar?

He wants to play the ELECTRIC guitar. I think if wanted to busk with instruments that are practical, he'd go with the triangle.

The electric guitar and acoustic guitar are not the same thing.

Now, stop being a tool, and contribute something, or piss off.

Btw, I do agree with others on the roland micro cube.
1) Remove plug from end of power chord
2) Rewire with battery clips
3)???
4)Profit?
Quote by Spoony_Bard
Dude I got these strings the other day that couldn't be tuned to higher than 4 octaves below middle C then I realized that they were shoelaces and they weren't making any sound at all.
Quote by gunners fan
1) Remove plug from end of power chord
2) Rewire with battery clips
3)???
4)Profit?

A 220V battery?
I've seen battery powered amps cheaper than the micro cube, I think I saw a Stagg amp that was only £25, I'm pretty sure you could use it with batteries. I'll hopefully be doing some bucking as well sometime, but i'll be using an old cassette player with a line in port with my pocket pod, should work
Hi! I'm Andrew, and when I have a bubble in my throat I sound like Alan Rickman!

I have the BEST Jizz Face on UG!

My YouTube Channel (slowmotion stuff!): www.youtube.com/wannabeguitarlegend
If someone says "ouuz an acustik lawl" again i'll disembowel them in public.
Quote by larrytheguitar

I put the blanket over me and make my knees into a 'tent' so he couldn't see my boner. I jizzed while he gave me a lecture on using coasters.

BETWEEN THE BURIED AND ME IS ALWAYS RELEVANT
Quote by IbanezSA160a
If someone says "ouuz an acustik lawl" again i'll disembowel them in public.

Make sure you put a hat down
Super Leeds and Classy Cas!
Either use a battery powered amp or an acoustic (sorry IbanezSA160a). Public places don't like you using up their electricity for free.
Try and find one of those rare wooden style guitars that like don't even need an amp or distortion... I think they are called acoustics but you might wanna get another to clarify that, I must warn you they are rare so good luck!
Blog Of Awesome UGers.
Quote by OddOneOut
I seem to attract girls.
Which is annoying, cos I'm a girl and I like cock.

Quote by IRISH_PUNK13
Being an idiot should be illegal too.
Quote by Venice King
Try and find one of those rare wooden style guitars that like don't even need an amp or distortion... I think they are called acoustics but you might wanna get another to clarify that, I must warn you they are rare so good luck!

facepalm.jpg
✠ ☠ ✠
RIP Ronnie James Dio

Fendi Shoes is actually extremely advantageous.
Quote by Venice King

Never seen one of them before =S
BROCCOLIS
I ated them all.