This may be a stupid question, as I am not very well versed when it comes to the mechanics of an electric guitar, however this problem is driving me crazy.

To start with I have a cheap Squier Strat that has never given me any problems. However just recently I've noticed that whenever I tune the low E string all the other strings get shifted out of tune. Essentially whenever I tune I have to tune one string go the the next, tune it, and go back and retune the previous strings over again. This entire process takes about 15 minutes and is getting to be really annoying. Quickly changing to a drop D tuning is impossible.

Is this normal, or is there some adjustment I can make to remedy this?

Also, this appears to have happened after changing the strings, though I'm not sure that is the reason.
Im curious as this would be normal with a floyd guitar but not with the squier I honestly dont know
Ibanez RG7321
Jackson Randy Rhoads V with Floyd Rose
Peavey Valveking 112
Digitech RP70 Guitar Processor
it changes the amount of pressure on your bridge, thus changing the tension of the other strings.
Quote by BryanChampine
It was like a orgasm in my ear.
Chea_man is the best.
As much as I'd like to blame a Floyd Rose, I doubt a Squier Strat will have one.
If it has a whammy your springs could be wearing out, I can't think of any other reason.
Quote by littlephil
Tighten the springs in the back cavity. It sounds like the bridge is floating.

Damn didnt know vintage style trems could do that good call
Ibanez RG7321
Peavey Valveking 112
Quote by littlephil
I think all trems have springs. Except Bigsbys

Well yeah obviously but I didnt know that vintage trems could potentially float as they are screwed into the body most of the time.
Ibanez RG7321
Peavey Valveking 112
How far in should the screws be screwed? Right now there's about 1/4" of the screw sticking out (between the spring mechanism and the body that is).
Thanks for all your help everyone. The problem is slightly better, though I may end up taking it in to the shop as I suspect there are fine tunings that should be made elsewhere that are beyond my knowledge.
If it has the 6 screw tremolo it should be flat against the body and not give this problem. But the 2 screw "standard" tremolo is floating so so has the same tuning issues as any other floating wammy. You can block it so it only dives which will solve this issue.