Page 1 of 2
6 thousand, 109,000 mils?
LOL
Last edited by SiKh22 at Jan 8, 2009,
My dad always tells me to be cautious of cars with over 100k miles. If you're good with cars, then go for it.
Did you consult the Kelly Blue Book?
time machine. Inadvertently, I had created a
this will be my first car, mostly just to go to college and hear and their. Not a expert with cars.
LOL
My car has 160k miles and is running like a champ.

I only payed 1.5k though. I would not pay 6k for a civic with that high of a mileage.
well we need more info.
what year is it?
what condition is it cosmetically?
any mechanical issues?
Quote by metaldud536
...I mean if indians stood naked in front of me, i couldn't tell if they're hispanic or native american. unless they put on clothes

At first he was like...
Quote by Twistedrock
I love you, man. No homo

But then, he was like...
Quote by Twistedrock
I love you even more now. Slightly homo
Honestly its a honda. You dont have to worry about mileage till round 150k. I cant go back to American cars now that I have a new corolla. Things a beast!
Quote by kranoscorp
I find that I feel the same about women who play bass as I think of immigrants in America.

I respect them for finding a place in society under a lot of ridicule, but I have an odd paranoia that they are going to steal my job.
how old is it
Quote by SOADrox429
Dude... I want to date a drum major. I bet they could fuck in time to Tool.
civics can run forever. 100k miles isnt really that much. ours has 250k, i think.
I have no opinion on this matter.
well the ex model is the top of the line civic(besides to sporty Si model). i honestly think you can do WAY BETTER with 6k. i think you should pass on it. unless it's been REALLY pimped out.
Quote by metaldud536
...I mean if indians stood naked in front of me, i couldn't tell if they're hispanic or native american. unless they put on clothes

At first he was like...
Quote by Twistedrock
I love you, man. No homo

But then, he was like...
Quote by Twistedrock
http://www.kbb.com/KBB/UsedCars/PricingReport.aspx?YearId=2002&Mileage=109000&VehicleClass=UsedCar&ManufacturerId=18&ModelId=123&PriceType=Private+Party&VehicleId=4170&SelectionHistory=4170|29741|40475|0|0|161699|true&Condition=Good&QuizConditions=

Assuming its in good condition and near my area there are the values expected. Copy-Pasta that. Also, I assumed it is automatic.

says its worth 6.7K if in good condition with maybe a few dings etc. My dad's last civic (a 1990) ran to 750K miles with nothing but the normal maintenance done to it. They're good cars.
then you should pass. if it had 40k-45k in mint condition i might see that as a reasonable offer but this is just ridiculous.
Quote by metaldud536

At first he was like...
Quote by Twistedrock
I love you, man. No homo

But then, he was like...
Quote by Twistedrock
being an auto tech, i wouldn't walk across the street and **** on a honda. otherwise sure. what year?
yea, 6 grand seems about reasonable. the miles are a bit high. if its from a car lot and you wanna spend the extra cash you can always call in a third party mechanic to do an inspection. ( might save you a whole lot of money and repairs in the future)
Gear:
Jackson Dinky DK2L
Epiphone LP Standard
Yamaha Acoustic
Bugera 1990 w/ Peavey 2x12 cab
oh and also from being an auto technician, DON"T BUY A HIGH MILEAGE CAR PREVIOUSLY OWNED BY A TEENAGER!! trust me, they beat the hell out their cars.
Its coming out to be a pretty bad deal, the mileage is too high for 6200. Dunno how much i can talk him into lowering it.
LOL
Quote by skaterskagg1
oh and also from being an auto technician, DON"T BUY A HIGH MILEAGE CAR PREVIOUSLY OWNED BY A TEENAGER!! trust me, they beat the hell out their cars.

this. they usually do jack rabbit starts and other **** that wear out the engine faster than ice cream on a sunny day in the summer.

don't just find another car. i'm sure there are plenty of deals out there
Quote by metaldud536

At first he was like...
Quote by Twistedrock
I love you, man. No homo

But then, he was like...
Quote by Twistedrock
Quote by SomebodySomeone
this. they usually do jack rabbit starts and other **** that wear out the engine faster than ice cream on a sunny day in the summer.

whats a jack rabbit start?
LOL
Quote by SomebodySomeone

don't just find another car. i'm sure there are plenty of deals out there

they destroy the transmission and burn out the clutch way to fast. and it's a bitch to replace.
adults usually treat their cars a lot better than teens.
Quote by SiKh22
whats a jack rabbit start?

i've never heard that term but i'm guessing its a burnout.
a jack rabbit start as in they are in a complete stop and floor the gas pedal. completely unnecessary.

either way were do you live? you can check out craiglist or your local auction. my uncle has gotten 3 cars at an unbelievable prices.
Quote by metaldud536

At first he was like...
Quote by Twistedrock
I love you, man. No homo

But then, he was like...
Quote by Twistedrock
Quote by SomebodySomeone
a jack rabbit start as in they are in a complete stop and floor the gas pedal. completely unnecessary.

either way were do you live? you can check out craiglist or your local auction. my uncle has gotten 3 cars at an unbelievable prices.

LOL I've seen a lot of students do that right after they get out of the parking lot and past the light.
LOL
Quote by SiKh22
LOL I've seen a lot of students do that right after they get out of the parking lot and past the light.

that and i've seen many careless people turn on a cold engine and burnout. you gotta let it warm up abit and let the oil lubricate the pistons for crying out loud.
Quote by metaldud536

At first he was like...
Quote by Twistedrock
I love you, man. No homo

But then, he was like...
Quote by Twistedrock
or check out carmax, i think carmax is a US only thing though. ( i don't know where you're from). if its used get it inspected before purchasing it, i got screwed into thousands of dollars for that mistake. or at least get a diagnostic scan done.
I'm in CA, USA. Is this true that when you turn on the AC in the car it takes up gas?
LOL
Last edited by SiKh22 at Jan 8, 2009,
Quote by SiKh22
I'm in CA, USA. Is this true that when you turn on the AC in the car it takes up gas?

it uses up gas. and DON"T believe people when they say rolling down your windows is better. it creates drag or whatever the term is and gives you worse gas mileage than using AC. same with leaving the tail gate down, thats a big mistake.
thats a lot of mileage for that year.

I drive a 95 integra with 190,XXX miles and it runs perfectly....then again the engine was rebuilt
The Real Deal Holyfield
Quote by skaterskagg1
it uses up gas. and DON"T believe people when they say rolling down your windows is better. it creates drag or whatever the term is and gives you worse gas mileage than using AC. same with leaving the tail gate down, thats a big mistake.

http://www.carmax.com/enUS/search-results/default.html?AWc=1&AsP=10000-12000&N=4294967097+69&D=10&zip=91801&sM=10000-NA&sP=10000-NA&No=0&Ep=Findcar%20Used&Rp=R&PP=20&sV=List&CD=14+240+190+9&Q=35eccbcf-334a-4b10-854e-f5bddea9a6e8
the price seems a bit high for the other deal i was given, 02 Honda Civic EX, 109,000 compared to the Carmax ones?
LOL
yea dude you can easily find a better car on craigslist/autotrader. with 6k you should be getting an 00'-02' civic with less miles then that.
The Real Deal Holyfield
Civics are great cars, I've never had a single problem with mine. Runs great all the time (its an 03 with close to 100K). Also great with the gas prices (you never know when they could skyrocket again). However 6 grand is a little steep for the car-you should try and get the deal down lower, and if not-walk away from it and find a different option.
Quote by SiKh22

compared to the other cars that honda sounds like a good deal, several thousand cheaper. and make sure it's not one of those rice rockets that mexicans(no offense if you are) like to make. i don't know if you can even consider those rice mobiles hondas anymore. your parents could help you with with the selection process. i'm sure thay've had a car or two in their days.
Last edited by skaterskagg1 at Jan 8, 2009,
also whenever buying a honda, remember to invest in a decent car alarm
The Real Deal Holyfield
Quote by DjDreslay
also whenever buying a honda, remember to invest in a decent car alarm

mexicans like to break into them, sorry, i'm only speaking from previous experiences.
Page 1 of 2