i just picked up my new guitar today, schecter C-1 hellraiser i plug it in and it didnt sound as awesome as it did at the store so i figured it probably my amp settings. i just wondered if you guys could give me some good heavy metal amp settings at the moment im playing alot of Arch Enemy, Behemoth some dimmu and Deadlock. im using a pearvy 110envoy and it has Pre-Gain, Low, Mid, High, Post gain, Reverb and Boost. thanks in advance guys much appreciated
Guitars
Jackson js30rr 6-string fixed bridge
Schecter Demon 6-sting fixed bridge
Ibanez RGR421EXFM 6-string fixed bridge
Amplifiers/Pedals
Peavy Envoy 110 40watt
Boss ML-2 Metal Core Distortion Pedal
MXR KFK-1 Ten Band Equalizer
most of the time its not your amp settings as much as it is your amp, what did you try it on in the store?
Epiphone SG G-400 faded
Fender Strat
Fender Frontman amp
**Dream Guitar**
Fender telecaster '58 heavy relic in blonde

"its in the key of D minor, i find songs in this key makes people want to weep."
"its called Lick My Love Pump"
Did you plug it into the same amp at the store?

Because if you were plugging the guitar into a $3000 Marshall stack or something, I don't think you're really going to be able to get the same tone out of your amp, no matter how you eq it...
Quote by al112987
Did you plug it into the same amp at the store?

Because if you were plugging the guitar into a $3000 Marshall stack or something, I don't think you're really going to be able to get the same tone out of your amp, no matter how you eq it...

yeah haha that was pretty much my point haha
Epiphone SG G-400 faded
Fender Strat
Fender Frontman amp
**Dream Guitar**
Fender telecaster '58 heavy relic in blonde

"its in the key of D minor, i find songs in this key makes people want to weep."
"its called Lick My Love Pump"
i was using a little line 6 30watt max id think, not too sure on what the settings were sorry guys
Guitars
Jackson js30rr 6-string fixed bridge
Schecter Demon 6-sting fixed bridge
Ibanez RGR421EXFM 6-string fixed bridge
Amplifiers/Pedals
Peavy Envoy 110 40watt
Boss ML-2 Metal Core Distortion Pedal
MXR KFK-1 Ten Band Equalizer
What is specifically the problem with the tone? Like is it too bassy or too harsh and so on.Once you've identified the problems with it you should boost or cut the appropriate frequencies to shape your sound.Your sig says you have an MXR 10 band so you can do a lot to shape your tone with that.If none of that works then maybe a new amp would be a good idea,remember that most of your tone comes from your amp.

WARNING!: THIS USER HAS BEEN KNOWN TO BE AN OPINIONATED ASS. ALWAYS USE CAUTION WHEN READING POSTS AND NEVER USE NEAR AN OPEN FLAME.USE ONLY AS DIRECTED.KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN.