In some rap songs during the chorus it's clearly singing, but when rappers rap do they rap in notes?
not really, they do it with timing, 1/4 -1/8 16th, triplets etc. A good rapper should be able to do 16ths at 180 bpm...its called shred rap.
Last edited by Tempoe at Jan 8, 2009,
it's not singing. but you could say there's some variation in pitch.
Quote by juancsego
i have a right to do anything with the least amount of activity possible and if u cant respect that u can go to japan and buy panties out of vending machines...communists

If you live in Australia, save your internet:

Click.
Quote by lpmarshall
In some rap songs during the chorus it's clearly singing, but when rappers rap do they rap in notes?

Why do we care?

Fractal Axe-Fx Ultra
EBMM JP7 Dargies Delight II
Manuel Rodriguez C Cedar Top
Quote by Tempoe
not really, they do it with timing, 1/4 -1/8 16th, triplets etc.

this. They do variate in pitch like others have said, but it's more about staying in the rhythm. That's why most rap beats are pretty straight forward and simple.

Quote by Necrophagist777
Why do we care?

Because some people are interested about other genres of music. Obviously you aren't, so I don't understand why you came into this thread.
I can honestly say I have really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like.

I don't always post on UG, but when I do, I post in the Pit. Stay thirsty my friends.
Last edited by IMABBALLPLAYER at Jan 8, 2009,
AUTO TUNE http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=IBaXwRQQciI

just to clear it up not mocking rap, just had enough of all the people who cant sing in this modern day music

i hear Auto Tuned vocals in every second song, now its ok for one note but im starting to hear it for all the song and it time to end it NOW
Last edited by ferntheirishman at Jan 8, 2009,
All sounds are a note just with far broader pitch variation than is found in music

that is all there is to it.

Thus, rappers do rap in notes. Same as we speak in notes, fart in notes, hit nails in notes and break twigs in notes.
This water's dark and coldGod's not where you hopedThis moment come and goneIt's time we all moved on
Quote by ferntheirishman

just to clear it up not mocking rap, just had enough of all the people who cant sing in this modern day music

i hear Auto Tuned vocals in every second song, now its ok for one note but im starting to hear it for all the song and it time to end it NOW

I blame Kanye.

Quote by Shredder XXX
All sounds are a note just with far broader pitch variation than is found in music

that is all there is to it.

Thus, rappers do rap in notes. Same as we speak in notes, fart in notes, hit nails in notes and break twigs in notes.

Well yeah. But rappers aren't trying to rap to the melody of the song, they're rapping to the beat.
I can honestly say I have really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like.

I don't always post on UG, but when I do, I post in the Pit. Stay thirsty my friends.
Quote by IMABBALLPLAYER
Well yeah. But rappers aren't trying to rap to the melody of the song, they're rapping to the beat.

thats what makes the question dumb. pretty much everyone except hellen keller raps in notes.
I have no opinion on this matter.
Quote by ferntheirishman

That was awesome.