ok im looking for a new guitar and want some recommendations

i play stuff like rise against , chilli peppers and incubus
basicly i play punk and alt rock
my price range is about $1200-$1800 AU
the things i want in a guitar are
-versatile pickups
-Preferably a set net
-mixed pick ups or coil tapping ( this one not such a big deal )

thanks in advance
Last edited by kennel at Jan 8, 2009,
your pickups, you'd be better at buying separate. have you considered getting a custom body made up, buying your neck and hardware and making it yourself?
... wrote
the funny thing about those ads is, if i could steal a car at the comfort of my own computer in my own house, i would.

Quote by MyDesertRose
Ahahaha TS just got gobsmacked.
Well played Wicked Rose
as much as id love to do so
1800 AU really isnt that much the guitar prices in aus arent to great and id be spending ridiculous amounts for a custom
Quote by kennel
as much as id love to do so
1800 AU really isnt that much the guitar prices in aus arent to great and id be spending ridiculous amounts for a custom

you'd probably spend about 3x the normal rate, I know. I just redid my old kramer for fun.
I'd say, pickups and hardware (assuming you don't want a floyd or anything) would be about 1k and then for the body, about $100-200. The neck would run you about $100-200 as well. You could get them cheaper if you know someone who would do you a favour.
... wrote
the funny thing about those ads is, if i could steal a car at the comfort of my own computer in my own house, i would.

Quote by MyDesertRose
Well played Wicked Rose
Ever tried a Belman? All aussie made, they tend to be PRSish style wise but they make them is a huge variety of configuartions so you can probably find something to suit. Quality wise they're the equal of anything made in the US. Might be worth your while checking out

(EDIT): On checking it seems Belman is out of business That chews some serious scrotum...
Last edited by Waylanderau at Jan 8, 2009,
thanks for the info so far but i dont think ill go for a custom id rather just get one all put together
asides that, I'd say eastwood have pretty nice vintage guitars. http://www.eastwoodguitars.com/
... wrote

Quote by MyDesertRose
Well played Wicked Rose
ok thanks again for the info but can anyone recommend some specific guitars
An HSS strat would fit the bill very nicely.There are a lot of models so I can't name anything specific but you should look into them.The Schecter C-1 classic might be worth a look too,if i remember correctly it has a pair of USA made Seymour Duncan pickups (JB/'59 I think) with coil tapping and a set neck.The JB is a really versatile distortion pickup and the '59 covers blues and cleans really well,and with the tapping you'd have a ton of tones available.

EDIT: Oops,I got the C-1 Classic and Blackjack confused and gave a mixture of their specs.The Classic has a JB/Jazz set for pups.Here's some links to both guitars.

C-1 Classic

C-1 Blackjack

WARNING!: THIS USER HAS BEEN KNOWN TO BE AN OPINIONATED ASS. ALWAYS USE CAUTION WHEN READING POSTS AND NEVER USE NEAR AN OPEN FLAME.USE ONLY AS DIRECTED.KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN.

Last edited by Pr0gNut at Jan 8, 2009,
ive had a look at the schecters and they look great and i really wanna try one out but thanks to my local guitar store they dont stock schecters and i dont wanna buy a guitar without trying it

any ideas?
Quote by kennel
ive had a look at the schecters and they look great and i really wanna try one out but thanks to my local guitar store they dont stock schecters and i dont wanna buy a guitar without trying it

any ideas?

Go drive to the nearest big city. Go to guitar center. I pretty much 100% guarantee that they have schecter.
PRS SE Singlecut
Bogner Alchemist 112 Combo
Dunlop Classic Crybaby
Martin OM-1 and Backpacker Steel String
Seagull

Youtube Channel -Click Me Please-
yea

no

first of all im in a major city
second of all iim not driving 3 hours to try out 1 guitar
and third of all are there guitar centers in australia ?
Quote by kennel
yea

no

first of all im in a major city
second of all iim not driving 3 hours to try out 1 guitar
and third of all are there guitar centers in australia ?

Well... Okay... Buy something else then if you don't want to buy it without trying first.

And I have no idea if they have Guitar Center in Australia....

<--------- I live on Mars
PRS SE Singlecut
Dunlop Classic Crybaby
Seagull

cool so how do u play guitar on mars
wont ur strings break and freeze lol
Quote by kennel
cool so how do u play guitar on mars
wont ur strings break and freeze lol

I'd guess he uses Elixirs.
Quote by Horlicks
I'd guess he uses Elixirs.

Ernie Ball works fine.

I do have a home to play in you know.

And yes, there is water here. I have some neighbors down the street. They are pretty friendly. They don't spend much time outside though. They are working on some kind of lazer thing.
PRS SE Singlecut
Dunlop Classic Crybaby
Seagull

Quote by Horlicks
The obvious choice would be some kind of strat.

Or a Tele.
Member of the Laney Cult