16 33%
Schecter Omen 6
4 8%
Schecter Damien 6
5 10%
ESP LTD Viper 100-fm
2 4%
Voters: 49.
I have almost made up my mind on what guitar to get but I want to take a poll. I play Metal like Metallica,Megadeth, Black Sabbeth, Static-x,Godamack,Disturbed, and Demon Hunter. I play rock like AC/DC, GNR, Ted Nugent, The Who, Lynard Skynard,Van Halen,Def Leppard, and Led Zepplin. I play blues sometimes. I also play punk and alternative rock like Sum41,Blink182, Linkin Park, Thousand Foot Krutch,SimplePlan and so on. So please help me make a desicion please choose something from the poll but if you have another suggestion please post it. My budget is no more than $400 USD
Don't get the LTD, don't get the Ibanez and don't get the Epiphone.

Are Squier Strats an option? In my experience the MIM isn't much different from Squier's best offerings, just more expensive and with a prestigious name. I'd get a Vintage Modified.

http://www.worldmusicsupply.com/Fender-Squier-Vintage-Modified-Stratocaster-Flamed-Cherry-Sunburst.html

What amp do you have?
Last edited by Horlicks at Jan 8, 2009,
Please ****ing motivate? The Ibanez 3EXFM1 is the best choice. You guys ever tried heavy distortion on a singlecoil guitar? That's noise.

For your information, people. The Ibanez is a great guitar!
Guitars:
-Schecter C-7 Hellraiser
-Ibanez MTM2
Amplifiers and Cabinets:
-Peavey StudioPro
-Randall RH50T Head
-Behringer 4x12 cab
Pedals:
-Ibanez WD-7 Wah
-Boss SD-1
-MXR 10 Band Equalizer

7-String guitars are badass!
Quote by phenom1991
Please ****ing motivate? The Ibanez 3EXFM1 is the best choice. You guys ever tried heavy distortion on a singlecoil guitar? That's noise.

I agree I've tried each of these guitars and they are all very good but I have trouble making decisions on guitars.
Quote by phenom1991

Not really.
- Made of shite basswood.
- Terrible pickups.
- Ugly.

The S series is so stupidly superior, it shouldn't even exist.
Quote by Silent_Crow13
I agree I've tried each of these guitars and they are all very good but I have trouble making decisions on guitars.

those guitars are definately not all 'very good'. Theyre all mediocre guitars at best, some of em are crap, like the Epiphone sg.
Gear
Gibson Les Paul std faded, Godin LG
Marshall jcm900
Keeley ds1, maxon od808, boston tu500, RMC Wizard
I voted Fender Standard HSS Strat
Rig
Fender 09 Standard Strat>Wilson Ten Spot II Wah>Boss DS-2 Turbo Distortion>EHX Big Muff Pi>Boss CE-2 Chorus>Crate V32 Palomino 212
Fender Deluxe Active Jazz Bass>(Same Pedals)>AcousticB20

Quote by WtrPlyr
I'm with DeltaFunk
Quote by Horlicks
Not really.
And the Squier Vintage Modified you suggested is made of even worse Red Cedar, so you can't really comment.

And this is coming from someone who owns one of those Vintage Modified Strats and hates Ibanez guitars.

Anyhoo, the options in that poll are stupid - you've named certain guitars and then gone on to name others which are completely different in every possible way. It doesn't help that your post has basically just said "I play everything". The only consistent thing anyone can take from this thread is you want something with a double cut design. You need to give more precise, decisive information.

You've also not said what amp you have, what pedals you use, etc. You should always post that stuff in your first post of the thread.

Though I looked at your profile, you've got an Orange Crush solid state amp. Before you go spending a few hundred on a new guitar, you should get a new map first.
Yes, I know everything. No, I can't play worth a damn.
A child is trafficked and sold for sex slavery every 30 seconds. Support Love146.
The G400 really is a great guitar for the price.
If you got one, and put some new pickups in it further down the track, you'll have a fantastic guitar.
Of course, the stock pickups are fine, but they don't have the amazing crispness or bite that Seymour Duncans or Bareknuckles do.
Member of the Laney Cult
Quote by MrFlibble
And the Squier Vintage Modified you suggested is made of even worse Red Cedar, so you can't really comment.

And this is coming from someone who owns one of those Vintage Modified Strats and hates Ibanez guitars.

Anyhoo, the options in that poll are stupid - you've named certain guitars and then gone on to name others which are completely different in every possible way. It doesn't help that your post has basically just said "I play everything". The only consistent thing anyone can take from this thread is you want something with a double cut design. You need to give more precise, decisive information.

You've also not said what amp you have, what pedals you use, etc. You should always post that stuff in your first post of the thread.

Though I looked at your profile, you've got an Orange Crush solid state amp. Before you go spending a few hundred on a new guitar, you should get a new map first.

A new amp is coming shortly. I have a Zoom G2.1u multi effects pedal.
Quote by Horlicks
Not really.
- Terrible pickups.
- Ugly.

The S series is so stupidly superior, it shouldn't even exist.

Well i wouldn't actually know. The 'replacing' model Europe has is Ibanez RG321 with V7/V8 and Mahogany body.
Guitars:
-Schecter C-7 Hellraiser
-Ibanez MTM2
Amplifiers and Cabinets:
-Peavey StudioPro
-Randall RH50T Head
-Behringer 4x12 cab
Pedals:
-Ibanez WD-7 Wah
-Boss SD-1
-MXR 10 Band Equalizer

7-String guitars are badass!
I voted on the Schecter Damien-6, mainly because that guitar is a beast for the price.
7-String Legion
Quote by TheJem
Justice4AllOne pretty much mentioned all of my ideas so yeah...pointless pun post.

Quote by MightySumo
Thanks fer settin me straight on that Justice

Quote by oneblackened
I was thinking that too, Justice usually seems like a pretty knowledgeable guy.
Quote by Silent_Crow13
A new amp is coming shortly.

This, what are you getting?
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
I voted HSS strat for the record. The VK is a good versatile amp, but it does appreciate a speaker swap at some point. Have you checked the VK thread in GG&A - a lot of good info on the amp there.
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.