I really want a Flying-V. The problem is that I can't afford a Gibson, and from what I've been able to dig up, the only one that Epiphone is putting out is the Korina and I don't like the color or the gold hardware. Plus I can't really even afford the Korina anyway.

I found this Epi Flying-V on eBay:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=160307799812#description

It's hot pink which IMO, totally kicks ass but from the wording of how he answered one of the questions at the bottom of the page, it seems the previous owner retrofitted the temolo on it. On top of that, according to the description, he says "Has an off-brand Floyd Rose locking tuning system and it's currently a little out of commission. Stays in tune beautifully but you might need to mess with it a little before locking it down." I emailed him asking what that means exactly but haven't heard back yet. Also, to me, it looks like the locking nut is kind of crooked and was simply screwed in above the existing nut.

But dammit, it's a pink Flying-V and I want it. My brain is saying bid but my gut is saying junk. What do you think? How much would you pay for this thing and what's your opinion on playability?

Thanks.
Quote by Rick540
I really want a Flying-V. The problem is that I can't afford a Gibson, and from what I've been able to dig up, the only one that Epiphone is putting out is the Korina and I don't like the color or the gold hardware. Plus I can't really even afford the Korina anyway.

I found this Epi Flying-V on eBay:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=160307799812#description

It's hot pink which IMO, totally kicks ass but from the wording of how he answered one of the questions at the bottom of the page, it seems the previous owner retrofitted the temolo on it. On top of that, according to the description, he says "Has an off-brand Floyd Rose locking tuning system and it's currently a little out of commission. Stays in tune beautifully but you might need to mess with it a little before locking it down." I emailed him asking what that means exactly but haven't heard back yet. Also, to me, it looks like the locking nut is kind of crooked and was simply screwed in above the existing nut.

But dammit, it's a pink Flying-V and I want it. My brain is saying bid but my gut is saying junk. What do you think? How much would you pay for this thing and what's your opinion on playability?

Thanks.

I really wouldn't buy that TBH.

Put in a $150 bid if you really really want it. I certainly wouldn't spend more than that on it.
PRS SE Singlecut
Bogner Alchemist 112 Combo
Dunlop Classic Crybaby
Martin OM-1 and Backpacker Steel String
Seagull

Youtube Channel -Click Me Please-
Quote by Chance125
I really wouldn't buy that TBH.

Put in a $150 bid if you really really want it. I certainly wouldn't spend more than that on it.

Yeah, if I did bid I was thinking 160 max. With the 40 for shipping that's right at 200.
Yeah, it looks a bit narrow to me for a flying V. Probably just me or these specific pictures.
Quote by 1010
Yeah, it looks a bit narrow to me for a flying V. Probably just me or these specific pictures.

I thought it looked smaller too.
Failed picture compression, I guess.
Quote by lizarday
oh yeah? well larry king the slayer guitarist owns bc rich guitars. (i think)
Quote by Silent_Crow13
Try rondomusic they have some V shaped guitars at a very good price.

Thanks for the tip, but they have pretty much everything EXCEPT a Flying-V copy.
130 tops
i dont like the look of it, ithinkz it somehwat sketchy
Just call me Julius, J, etc.
Taking an Internet break for a while, will come on when I can.
Quote by nowa90
130 tops
i dont like the look of it, ithinkz it somehwat sketchy

Yeah, I mean, why wouldn't the guy have at least popped the old standard nut off before putting the locking nut on? I don't know much about building guitars, but now that I think about it, I don't think that would work too well the way it is.

I think I'm gonna go with my instinct and pass this one up.
What about Stagg guitars? I did some looking and they make a Flying-V copy that looks decent.
It looks weird. Something is not right :S

Well, me personally...if I could get it for like, $250 or so I'd be happy. I wouldn't pay more than that for it, though.
Member of the Laney Cult
They dont show a pic of the headstock in the ebay thing.....
Fender 72 Tele Thinline (my baby)
Gibson SG Special Faded
ESP LTD M-1000
Peavy Vk 112
Boss GT-10
Gear
Fernandes Monterey Elite (with older version of sustainer)
Marshall MG100HDFX (soon to be sold)
Custom made 150 watt celestion cab (soon being sold also)
That's a bit off shape for a v..
Quote by konigstiger
PCSpeaker is right,

Damn right I am.

Bugera 333xl > Crybaby Wah > Marshall Guv'Nor > Boss SD1 > J&D Les Paul / Vintage Lemon Drop / Modded HSH Squier / Vintage Warp / Standard Squier Strat /Tanglewood Acoustic!
Quote by TatarSalad2
Hot pink kick ass?
Are you emo or something?

Hot pink is hardly emo.

I believe you are thinking of the wrong decade here.
PRS SE Singlecut
Bogner Alchemist 112 Combo
Dunlop Classic Crybaby
Martin OM-1 and Backpacker Steel String
Seagull

Youtube Channel -Click Me Please-
Quote by TatarSalad2
Hot pink kick ass?

Protip :
Pink isn't just for emos.

Glam rock, just to name one thing.

Faggot.
Quote by konigstiger
PCSpeaker is right,

Damn right I am.

Bugera 333xl > Crybaby Wah > Marshall Guv'Nor > Boss SD1 > J&D Les Paul / Vintage Lemon Drop / Modded HSH Squier / Vintage Warp / Standard Squier Strat /Tanglewood Acoustic!
Get the Epiphone Korina, and just repaint it.
Quote by satchgear
I tried it out in store.

Great neck, nice n light, good tuning stability. Overall a good guitar. I didn't but it cause I generally only buy guitars over a grand now.
Quote by PCSpeaker
Protip :
Pink isn't just for emos.

Glam rock, just to name one thing.

Faggot.

Emo sucks. It's all about the 80's.
Last edited by Rick540 at Jan 12, 2009,
Quote by TatarSalad2
Hot pink kick ass?

or a glam faggot boy haha

on topic, dont get it. i recently got an esp edwards flying v for 650 aus. great guitar, truly is ... gl