i have a friend that helps out at an old person assisted living home and she wants me to go play for the old folks. i need to learn some songs to play for them on acoustic guitar. I'm not a great guitarist, so it can't be anything too difficult, and they're old so it can't be metal, which includes i cum blood. Any suggestions would be appreciated, i already know a few strumming chord with singing songs, and i'm learning roulette by SOAD (i wanted to anyway, and it's pleasant sounding). Any serious suggestion will be appreciated, and will earn my undying love.
First you will need teh grandpaz geetarz.
Quote by MetalOblivion93
The Philosopher = Smart
The Philosopher = Win

Quote by sashki
Slayer wrote a negative song about you because you considered the possibility of them writing a positive song.

JOIN THE PS3 ALLIANCE GROUP
How old?

Dean Martin. Elvis? Ella Fitzgerald and Nat King Cole.
Quote by juancsego
i have a right to do anything with the least amount of activity possible and if u cant respect that u can go to japan and buy panties out of vending machines...communists

If you live in Australia, save your internet:

Click.
¤´¨留話 請留話 請在我說完後
¸.•´¸.•´¨¸.•¤¨哭泣我不在這裡 我不在那裡請在嗶一聲之後留
(¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´(´¸.•¤´`¤下自己的秘密請在嗶一聲之後對話筒沾自喜請在嗶一聲之後對空氣唉聲嘆氣

我不在這裡 我人在哪裡 我想到哪裡¤

請在嗶一聲之後留下有聲的話題¤

請在嗶一聲之後分擔感情的問題¤

¤¤¤

Last edited by Harmonius at Jan 8, 2009,
Hendrix is timeless so go with little wing
if not that some les paul songs
you might get som sixties old people so dont rule our stairway to heavan
so lenard skynard and led zeplen
you dont want to stareotype old people or treat them old or else they get mad
BEATLES everone likes the BEATLES
Last edited by harboe12 at Jan 8, 2009,
Quote by harboe12
Hendrix is timeless so go with little wing
if not that some les paul songs
you might get som sixties old people so dont rule our stairway to heavan
so lenard skynard and led zeplen
you dont want to stareotype old people or treat them old or else they get mad

ya, i know 'all i can do is write about it' by skynyrd, so i'll play that, and thanks for the other suggestions.
Glenn Miller, then after the gig just disappear before they can talk to you.

Quote by hazzmatazz
youmakemesmile...

Quote by sebastian_96
Today I stole a girls tampons for being such an annoying bitch.

MUFC

My love for you
Is like a truck
Berserker.
Quote by K Dizzle
ya, i know 'all i can do is write about it' by skynyrd, so i'll play that, and thanks for the other suggestions.

no problem cause people think of old people like the 50s old people but the old people these days lived really amazing lives and fought in wars people seem to forget that
Johnny Cash would be pretty boring without vox, dont play it if u dont sing. in fact, just about all old people music would be pretty boring without vox, so dont play anything if u dont sing
O what a disgrace if such a despised and base race, which worships demons, should conquer a people which has the faith of omnipotent God and is made glorious with the name of Christ!

The music winners listen to
Think of the age span of your life where music had the most influence on you. Teens and 20's yes? It's no different for them. Take a 90 yr old for instance. Subtract 20 yrs get's you to 70. Now take away 70 yrs from our current year, 2009 - 70 = 1939. So you want to be looking for guitar songs from the 30's and 40's. Those will be appropriate for the age group you are dealing with. Hendrix? I think not!
Go check out Fretkillr's stuff on youtube. He's resurrected some of the oldies that fit perfectly with the generation you'll be playing for.
I doubt that the old person will be 90, mabey 60-70 but not 90
Gear:
Ibanez RG7
Epiphone lp100

Peavey Vypyr 30w
Sanpera II pedal

mxr phase 100
Classic Crybaby Wah
I would go with christian songs...even if you do find songs from the 30s, i seriously doubt they will even remember them. But most people that old are pretty religious and would recognize the same old christian songs
Quote by Mudmen190
Johnny mother-fucking Cash

/thread.

Also, christian music, the basic kind, stuff everyone knows, would work well. I actually work in a very high-class one, and we get people singing and playing christian music all of the time. Just make sure it isn't for one religious denomination.
Quote by Invader Jim
The questions people ask here makes me wonder how the TS's dress themselves in the morning and can shower without drowning...
hows about some blues? all you need to know is a pentatonic scale, which are easy.
??? Fund: cba to keep up with it.
will at least try when I get a jerb
੧_\\\

yours,

Alex (mcfreaki)
Quote by harboe12
no problem cause people think of old people like the 50s old people but the old people these days lived really amazing lives and fought in wars people seem to forget that

Because murdering people is something to admire.
I think you should play, "Never Take Her Love from Me" by Hank Williams.
Quote by vintage x metal
I love you =] I can't say I was very fond of you when we first started talking because you trolled the hell out of my threads, but after talking to you here I've grown very attached to you.

Yeah, write to my fanclub about it, honey.
Quote by MeanMr. Mustard
I doubt that the old person will be 90, mabey 60-70 but not 90

Why doubt? My wife works at an assisted living home and the average age is 85, so yes, there are most definitely 90+ yr olds in these places. Of course there will be younger ones, but remember, these aren't retirement homes, these are assisted living homes/apartments. There are Rn's, LPN's and assorted other staff monitoring these people constantly. By the same token, they aren't nursing homes either.
why not try playing some modern music for them?

just because they are old, doesnt mean they only like/want to hear old music.

try something mellow like snow patrol, coldplay, etc.
Remember through sounds
Remember through smells
Remember through colors
Remember through towns
-Modest Mouse, "Novocaine Stain"
Quote by The Philosopher
First you will need teh grandpaz geetarz.

I think I love you
Begin again in the night, let's sway again tonight.
Your arm on my shoulder, your cheek against mine.
Where can we go, when will we find that, we know.
Old country music. Ive played at old people homes before and they love the songs that they know. Johnny Cash for sure. Elvis is also a good one.
■■■
'member The Pit of 10'? oH, I 'member!

╚═ ▼▲▼▲▼═╝
Sweet Home Alabama. Elvis. A little bit of Led Zepp Mabe? Johnny Cash. Beatles. The Who Mabe?
Stratocasters=

Quote by reb_49
You all seem to be confused a quite bit, let me put this down into these simple words: Music Is Always Evolving, The Problem Is That People Aren't

Favorite Guitarists -
Jimi Hendrix
Joe Perry
Jimmy Page
They seem to like that song "Al I Have To Do Is Dream" - the Everly Brothers.
XIAOXI
Johnny Cash, Jeff Buckley, Leonard Cohen and Bob Dylan. Oh and Simon and Garfunkle.