Okay guys. I have been working on this song for a little bit. The guitar is anybody's guess, I just jammed it out the other day in F Major. The keys have a lot of work put in them, even though they are the least involved instrument I think I spent a lot of time trying to find really nice intervals. The drums, wow. I put everything I had into those, alot of cool parts for those.

Hope I don't bore you guys with this one. And yes, the name really is "Destroy The Toilet."

EDIT: Uploaded a more stylish version, Markers are inserted throughout now, the color scheme is nice, I changed many tiny aspects that you may not even recognize, but essentially it's just a nicer presentation. Enjoy.
Attachments:
Destroy The Toilet Finished.zip
Last edited by Gizmo Factory at Jan 8, 2009,

quite nice. gives a sorta Gwen Stacy feel to it.
Wait a minute....if you have sex with someone else with herpes you get SuperHerpes???

....awww shit.
Quote by Softserved

quite nice. gives a sorta Gwen Stacy feel to it.

Thanks for the comment man. For a second I thought you were comparing it to some popstar like Hannah Montanna. Then I went a checked out Gwen Stacy. You just turned me on to a band I think I might like. Righteous.
very highbeat song, i feel the blood pumping in me now: fo' real! you got a nice riff and added the other parts very well, i like how he keys go with the main riff there and also the part before the tremolo notes, which i think you should replace by a master solo
nice song man!
cowbell FTW
That was awesome. I love those kind of songs, I'd imagine it to have like, melodic vocals and the final chorus is epic.
It was all rhythmically perfect. 10/10 from me.
Quote by ctb
That was awesome. I love those kind of songs, I'd imagine it to have like, melodic vocals and the final chorus is epic.
It was all rhythmically perfect. 10/10 from me.

Yes. You're correct. There would be screaming under and vocal harmonies. Like Escape The Fate, The Devil Wears Prada, stuff like that. That's how I imagine it. Thanks for commenting man.
Dude, this song is so good.

Intro- Awesome riff, but the ring out guitar makes it so much cooler, the drums do get kind of boring.

Verse- This would be a verse riff I'd really want to learn, its good enough already, **** Vocals!

Pre-Chorus- You really use that scale to your advantage, kudos to you, good use of synth, kick ass

Chorus- The intro riff, but the atmosphere is alot different, more epic.

Post-Chorus- Really nice let down from the Chorus and i really like the tremolo guitar, gives it a feel of urgency, awesome.

Lead In- It's ok, nothing to special

The outro has a good fade effect, nothing to fancy, it works.

Overall, this song is really good, I'd say 8/10
Poop.

Yes, poop.
Quote by MattAnderson111
Dude, this song is so good.

Intro- Awesome riff, but the ring out guitar makes it so much cooler, the drums do get kind of boring.

Verse- This would be a verse riff I'd really want to learn, its good enough already, **** Vocals!

Pre-Chorus- You really use that scale to your advantage, kudos to you, good use of synth, kick ass

Chorus- The intro riff, but the atmosphere is alot different, more epic.

Post-Chorus- Really nice let down from the Chorus and i really like the tremolo guitar, gives it a feel of urgency, awesome.

Lead In- It's ok, nothing to special

The outro has a good fade effect, nothing to fancy, it works.

Overall, this song is really good, I'd say 8/10

Thanks man, I feel the same way. The lead-in is my least favorite part, something I'll probably replace with a solo in time, once I learn to actually phrase and such.
Very nice song :]
I like the echo in the beginning behind the lead guitar.

Intro- very nice. My only qualm with it is it gets kind of repetitive.

Verse I- A very good way to continue on from the intro. When both guitars start doing the open notes together, it gives it an echoing sound I enjoy very much.

Pre-chorus - Mmm... it does what it does well.

Chorus - As stated before, it uses the same chords as the intro, but has a whole differnet feel.

Post-Chorus - It does sound hectic :] Seems like it should climax into a solo where the lead-in is.

Lead-in- could be better... not my favorite part.

The last chorus does a very nice job of ending it with the fade-out... it reminds me of the Gorillaz though because of the bass xD

9/10
Thanks for the crit on amidst the ashes...much appreciated. I tried to crit yours but don't have GP5...any chance you could get it in GP4 or just the midi file???
Quote by Gizmo Factory
Yea, I guess. How do I do that? How can I get it to Guitar Pro 4?

File -> Export -> GP4
Thanks man...glad you got it up for me...I'm rather enjoying this so far.....intro has a kinda eerie feel...but once the beat comes in it completely turns it around and gives it and energetic upbeat feel. I rather like that...

Well I feel vocals would take this home...as is it feels like there's a climax missing. While I do like what you did with each part I was hoping for a buildup at some point. As mentioned though, perhaps that could be filled with some vocals....Either way...I enjoyed the listen. Nice job!
Do you have a MIDI for this? If you could upload that tonight I'll gladly crit it back tonight.

I'm on my laptop right now and don't have access to my desktop til tomorrow which is what has Gp5, so if not I'll crit this tomorrow.

Sorry for the inconvenience.
Sorry for the late crit, couldn't get on my desktop til now.

Anyway at first I thought the intro sounded a bit too chaotic to work, but I think that with proper mixing and effects that could actually come out sounding pretty cool. In fact after the effect went away and only one guitar played the lead I started to miss that, so that shows its catchy. To me, at measure 21 the entire flow of the song is just interrupted by that song, you could've probably gone straight into the next section without that pause. I thought the verse was alright, not really my style along with the post-chorus, aside from when you have the tremolo picking going. I did like the prechorus and chorus however.

To me the lead in sounded completely unneeded, I didn't really like this section that much at all. The second time around the verse sounded a lot better to me than it did on the first repeat. At first the song took me a while to get used to, but after I got used to it I really started to like it. Aside from a few awkward pauses, the flow of this song is very good and it all sounds very natural throughout the full song. It was a very energetic song to listen to, nice job.
The intro has an epic riff starting the song, it grabs your attention and glues you to your screen to watch the song as it progresses. Then, we get some high power verse action getting you pumped up and ready to go, and the pre chorus only amplifies that. At the chourus, you're caught in this immense burst of sound, reintroducing the riff to the listener. The post chorus lets you calm down a bit, bringing you back to a less powerfull verse. But soon after, you're met with that crazy pre chorus and chorus combo, and finally a fadeout to calm down one last time before the song ends. 10/10 Nice work. C4C? https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1041888
Quote by guitar-godfrey
when i grow up i wanna have blackandsilver's babies!

Quote by angusfan16

Quote by Scowmoo
HOLY HELL.

nice discovery, sir.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Last edited by coryklok : Today at 01:10 PM.
Okay, final revision.

Took everyone's advice on removing the Lead-In, it was basically a transisition, but I simply replaced those 8 measures with one and it flows back into that verse smoothly.

Thanks for the crits, keep em coming.
Attachments:
Destory The Toilet Final.zip
Okay

Intro
- very cool and upbeat, love the delay stuff you've done on gp!
- nice and interesting i.e not too repetitve

Verse
- catchy!
- has a bit of chugga chugga, which I'm not sure it needs. The fast paced powerchords seem to suit better IMO

Chorus
- well placed, again very catchy.
- drumming suits well.

- the tremelo picking build up around 80-90 is definitely very cool, nothing negative really there.

- nothing wrong with the outro.

Overall, its definitly a good song, i'm not a huge fan of the chug riffs, but I must admit they don't really do the song any harm. The main melody is a winner. I can't really fault the song
That's a really nice piece of music you've put together there.
Great job. 8.5/10.
Brilliant, not much bad to say about it. Only a couple of things I thought of the second time round- the rhythm on the verse maybe not quite right, and the drums at the chorus maybe a bit too crazy, but still brilliant.
Not much of a crit there at all so no need to return.

"Intense yet intricate" Scottish melodeath band, who have been reviewed live by Terrorizer, Metalgigs and Valkyrian Music in the past year

Get our debut EP Helveien, for free download.
Really is some fantastic work there! Thoroughly enjoyed the whole thing!
ᶌῖᶌα ɭα ɌεᶌσɭƲʈιʘϰ