Hi everyone, I'm new around UG

I am thinking in buying a new guitar and as I love explorer shaped ones, I was thinking in buying one of those.
The guitar I was thinking is the ESP LTD FX-400SM, as i'ts a versalite guitar for all kind of music, isn't it?

I had searched and found some reviews here and it said that it isn't good for soloing and that is unbalanced (but I don't care about unbalanceness). But other reviews just tell good things about it, so I am confused, lo0l

What do you think? Is there any better exp shaped guitar and versalite guitar?

I've seen that kelly from jackson and gibson explorer but I think they just don't suit to me.

What is your opinion?

Cheers
You might try an Epiphone, they're almost as good as Gibson's but lower in price.
i do like jackson a lot but my favorite explorer is probably hamer, just like the oldschool def leppard
I've played the ESP ex-1000 and that was a great guitar, but i dont know about the ltd model. Razorbacks are always fun to play but there not very versatile. The Jackson Kelly is a good playing guitar and good for lots of types of music. The Ibanez Xphidos might be a bit radical of a design but it plays great!

Whats your price range, style amps effects?
Gear
Jackson Rhodes
Jackson Kelly With EMG HZ's
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Sierra 28ce Acoustic Electric
Peavey Vypyr 212 (tube)
Line 6 Floor pod
Ibanez Toneblaster 30w
Custom Bass I built from spare parts
Fender Rumble 60 bass amp
Edwards E-EX-110D

BODY Mahogany
NECK Mahogany
FNGERBORAD Rosewood, 22frets
RADIUS 305R
SCALE 24.75 inch (628mm)
NUT Bone (42mm)
INLAY Pearl Dot
JOINT Set-neck
TUNER GOTOH SG360-07
BRIDGE GOTOH GE103B & GE101Z
PICKUPS (Front) Seymour Duncan AHB-1n
(Rear) Seymour Duncan AHB-1b
PARTS COLOR Black Nickel
CONTROLS Master Volume, Master Tone,Toggle PU Selector
PRICE 115,500yen (Include Tax)
Quote by lizarday
oh yeah? well larry king the slayer guitarist owns bc rich guitars. (i think)
No price range, I'd say the Gibson Explorer Pro.
It's my favourite, at least.
I had a Jackson Kelly, and I've played tons of others, but in the end I bought the Explorer Pro because in my hands it felt the nicest, and it sounded great.

If you want something on a budget, the Jackson Kellys are nice, but it all comes down to what you like.
Member of the Laney Cult