This thread might be better placed in the pit, but here it is. move it if it's not fitting in. my excuse.

I'd like to have an avatar here om UG that shifts between one of more pictures. Automatically.
Problem is, I don't how to make this kind of animation-picture-thing.
Is there a free hp where you can pup in the pic-url's and make it there, or shal I download some sort of program?
Quote by zadzior
Sir, Awesome stuff. You have my respect!
Quote by neon-black
aw i love your song! sell it n' it would deffo be a smash!
Quote by veggiederek
this is great. you've got the words!
Quote by kiaraiswicked
... Wauw... It really paints a picture and leaves the rest up to the imagination!
thanks man

... wait a minute... how does that help me out?
Quote by zadzior
Quote by neon-black
Quote by veggiederek
Quote by kiaraiswicked
... Wauw... It really paints a picture and leaves the rest up to the imagination!
Last edited by TheKermal at Jan 8, 2009,
Quote by TheKermal
thanks man

... wait a minute... how does that help me out?

It helps you out, because you can ask somebody in that thread to make you a .gif avatar, or to explain to you how to make one yourself. What you proposed (about the changing image URLs) is impossible, so you need somebody to help you out... And in that thread, you'll find plenty of those people!

Cheers
I'll help you.
PM me with the links to the images you want me to use or send them in an e-mail to:
o_samaritano-hellboy@sapo.pt

EDIT: and if you want them to rotate in a specific order, specify the order. If that doesn't matter do you, i'll do it randomly.
Squier "VMC" Stratocaster
PRS SE Singlecut
tc electronic polytune
CMAT MODS Signa Drive
Blakemore Effects Deus Ex Machina
DIY gaussmarkov Dr. Boogey
EHX Small Clone
Mooer ShimVerb
DIY Beavis Devolt
T-REX Fuel Tank Chameleon
Ampeg GVT52-112
Last edited by Linkerman at Jan 8, 2009,
Quote by Linkerman
I'll help you.
PM me with the links to the images you want me to use or send them in an e-mail to:
o_samaritano-hellboy@sapo.pt

EDIT: and if you want them to rotate in a specific order, specify the order. If that doesn't matter do you, i'll do it randomly.

Thanks!

But, as for the topic, it's precisely a avatar like your's i'd like to know how to make...
Quote by zadzior
Quote by neon-black
Quote by veggiederek
Quote by kiaraiswicked
Quote by TheKermal
Thanks!

But, as for the topic, it's precisely a avatar like your's i'd like to know how to make...

Well, you would need a lot of single-frame images...Or do you already have a .gif in mind? If so, then you can just use the image URL, as you would with any other avatar.
RAZZLEFRAZZLE
take this discussion to the avatar exchange thread, please
from daylight...
...into darkness