Page 1 of 2
Ive lost about 90% of the hearing in my left ear

So on tuesday, i accidently got a little bit of trumpet valve oil sprayed in my ear when my buddy was being an idiot. I sorta got it out, but as i expected, it was a little itchy and felt like it had been really well cleaned, like over cleaned. (My thinking was the oil cleaned out the earwax) Alright, so i had to keep scratching it over the day and a half. Then suddenly last night, i was scratchind the outside of it and bang, my hearing gets shot. To help you out, i would describe it as playing a nice open e on a clean channel, and then rolling back the tone, treble, and mids. (Try it ) I can barely hear myself when i snap my fingers right beside it. It also feels like theres a little pressure on the inner walls.

Ive got a doctors appt. in 7 hours. But what do you guys think?
At the doctors place you should be able to get your ears like, "cleared". I dont know the proper term for it in english, but they use this little tube that goes into your ear, and just pressures water through it, cleaning it thoroughly.

*Edit*
What he said here above me
I think that sucks.

this girl I know has very little hearing in her right ear.

but that's because she stood too close to the speakers at a show.
signatures are budget.
I think you should ask the doctor.
Let's not bicker and argue about who killed who...
Quote by Necrophagist777
I'm ORION, LORD OF EVIL, give me your soul and breathe in my darkness.

YOU WILL NOT ENJOY THIS......
╭∩╮( º.º )╭∩╮
I think it's a good idea you have actually made an appointment to see a doctor. Is it somehow possible you punctured your ear drum by sticking your finger/cleaning device into your ear too far?
Quote by Kensai
And he calls himself australian

... Should've mentioned I'm an immigrant... from England

X
Quote by Top Cat
I think it's a good idea you have actually made an appointment to see a doctor. Is it somehow possible you punctured your ear drum by sticking your finger/cleaning device into your ear too far?

I dont think so, casue if i punctured my eardrum, i would be hearing absolutely nothing at all, but i can hear muffled sounds. Plus there was never any think going that far in.

And ya, the doctors was the first thing i did as soon as i woke up.
Last edited by PinkFloyd73 at Jan 8, 2009,
dude, where's my hearing??

also, this happened to me once. turned out it was an ear infection, but boy was I horrified for a couple or days.
Quote by CoreysMonster
dude, where's my hearing??

also, this happened to me once. turned out it was an ear infection, but boy was I horrified for a couple or days.

Thats what my mom and dad think.
In that case, I'm somewhat (about 100%) confident that the doctor will know better than me. My only advice is to show up on time to your appointment and be polite to him/her. Hope all is good.
Quote by Kensai
And he calls himself australian

... Should've mentioned I'm an immigrant... from England

X
i pushed ear wax into my ear to far and i couldn't hear for ages until i like some how got it out and it spilled everywhere.
Quote by slickerthnsleek
YOU WIN THE INTERNET.
Quote by dxpaintball8000
long live bucketmark.
Plus there was never any think going that far in.

That's what she said...... haha jk man.
Really sucks about your ear. I went to a concert a couple weeks ago and I guess I stood too close to the speakers. I couldn't hear very well for about 3 days but now it's all gravy. I'm sure it'll pass.
Good luck.
Quote by Top Cat
In that case, I'm somewhat (about 100%) confident that the doctor will know better than me. My only advice is to show up on time to your appointment and be polite to him/her.

This. Perhaps bring a small basket of cookies as well.
Quote by ozzyismetal
Neopowell, that's because you are a pumped-up sex offender.
Quote by Kensai
You're exactly the kind of person who'd have sex in a bar drunk
Quote by Zero-Hartman
You're a terrible, terrible man. This is a new middle for you.

I write things. You can read them.Essay on UK student riots
You've burst your eardrum and it'll heal.

I have no medical training whatsoever, nor do I have any expertise in the field of ear mechanics and nor do I actually have a clue what's wrong but, hell, this is The Pit so let's all play doctor!
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██
████████████████████
██
████████████████████
██████████████████████
ugh....
ITS FU*KED
Quote by Valid12891
I wish I had an extra sensitive third nipple, and a girl who was into that sort of thing.

Quote by _Ixnay_
In Russia, Winter Cold + Vodka + Big-Chested Women = No problem.

Book of shadows 2?
O_o
Trumpet oil in your ear?? Now I've heard everything!
Unlike YOU
FALKIRK

We'll win something someday

Quote by Minkaro
Falkirk is the home of runners up.

Check out my Tunes
Aww I hope everything goes well >:
Quote by Bendybaws
Gentlemen please, lower your boners

I'm referring to the '...my girlfriends tits' thread

Quote by PinkFloyd73
Ive lost about 90% of the hearing in my left ear

So on tuesday, i accidently got a little bit of trumpet valve oil sprayed in my ear when my buddy was being an idiot. I sorta got it out, but as i expected, it was a little itchy and felt like it had been really well cleaned, like over cleaned. (My thinking was the oil cleaned out the earwax) Alright, so i had to keep scratching it over the day and a half. Then suddenly last night, i was scratchind the outside of it and bang, my hearing gets shot. To help you out, i would describe it as playing a nice open e on a clean channel, and then rolling back the tone, treble, and mids. (Try it ) I can barely hear myself when i snap my fingers right beside it. It also feels like theres a little pressure on the inner walls.

Ive got a doctors appt. in 7 hours. But what do you guys think?

Pardon?
A dwarf might hear you. What then?

My Music
Sounds like an ear infectiony thing. The doctor will be able to help u out so dont worry yo ayaas bro.

All will be fine!

Be sure to tell us how it goes!
you may pull revenge on your freind
Just call me Julius, J, etc.
Taking an Internet break for a while, will come on when I can.
I was born completely deaf in my left ear. I don't mind other than the fact that I can't hear stereo, and when I get an infection in my right ear I go completely deaf, and that's scary.

Hope you get your hearing back ... Good luck.
Quote by Random88
Trumpet oil in your ear?? Now I've heard everything!
Unlike YOU

Dude, that's not cool, he's had a...a...oh fuck it.
Quote by ozzyismetal
Neopowell, that's because you are a pumped-up sex offender.
Quote by Kensai
You're exactly the kind of person who'd have sex in a bar drunk
Quote by Zero-Hartman
You're a terrible, terrible man. This is a new middle for you.

I write things. You can read them.Essay on UK student riots
Just hope that its an ear infection, I had one for a week that hurt like hell and I was half deaf but it healed up fine and all I had to do was take some antibiotics.
YellowGreenBlueRed

Quote by webbtje
You live in a ruler, the only child of trouser water (?); it's very fantastic, and salami!
The doc may syringe your ears to break up whatevers there, then you have to wash it out with warm water.
Opie and Anthony Fan
XM 202 | SIRIUS 197
Linger Longer
Quote by PinkFloyd73
I dont think so, casue if i punctured my eardrum, i would be hearing absolutely nothing at all, but i can hear muffled sounds. Plus there was never any think going that far in.

And ya, the doctors was the first thing i did as soon as i woke up.

Also, if you punctured your ear drum, you would be in complete agony too. Trust me, I've seen it happen to my cousin, wasn't pretty.
Quote by Kenny_Fever
I think that sucks.

this girl I know has very little hearing in her right ear.

but that's because she stood too close to the speakers at a show.

...so you're not sure if losing most of your hearing sucks?
Quote by Tire Me.
Raping her in front of other people would be morally wrong.

Quote by Bubbles516
wtf290 uses make bubbles feel like crap
Its super effective!
its just a bubble mass that forms in there, ive had it happen to me a number of times when water gets in, it forms some sort of bubble and gets dirty, ****s up your hearing and eventually pops but it hurts, and goo starts running out of your ear. So you're gonna need tylenol to take the pain away, or whatever you take advil/aspirin. With it being valve oil its just gonna take longer cause oil is too thick and they'll probably try to clean it out, but it will pop on its own in the end and it'll hurt, but you're hearing will be back.
Quote by candysars
Thank you Jesusaurus.
I doubt oil poped your ear drum, maybe damaged it tops.
Lucky you they have hearing aids this day and age.

If it'd happened to me, I'd have kicked my friend in the head.
Last edited by stratkat at Jan 8, 2009,
i give you permission to stomp your friends nuts with steel toe boots

hope it works out for you
Gear

Jarrett Custom Les Paul
Epiphone Les Paul
Ibanez Artcore AS73
People that ive talked to today seem to think that this is a joke and that im being a "baby"...
I don't know what it is, I just know it aint tinitus (because I'm almost 100% sure you can't **** up your sensilla's with wax, without some serious raiding in the ear from the wax's part).

If you busted your eardrum, you'll get some nice opiates to ease the pain tho
"Rational arguments don't usually work on religious people.. Otherwise, there would be no religious people."
Page 1 of 2