Alright i have a Schecter Damien with the Floyd Rose and i had it tuned to standard with the low E dropped to D, and I wanted to learn a song that was in Drop C tuning. Since when you tune down like that, you take off that back plate where those coil things hold the bridge in place and you can tighten or loosen the screws according to what you need. So my question is, is it bad to keep tuning back and forth like that and tightening and loosening those screws? Will they one day just give out or am i good?

Thanks
I'd be more concerned about the strings. Loosening and tightening them continually will wear on them, and they'll break sooner or later. As far as the screws... well, I'm not sure, to be honest I have two different guitars with two different bridge setups and I have only changed the tuning and nothing else. No screws or anything, and both guitars have been great.
Tuning? To different tuning? :O

Most people seem to have a guitar without a floyd rose to use for certain tunings, like anything over use with produce wear and tear?
lp345: It's a virus
rage6945: i went on a little bit torrent spree and got Jay-z's black album
nebno6:Maybe it's god punishing you for having a bad music taste.
nowa90:UGNED!!
Standard tuning is E and then you adjust the length of the string so that you get accurate notes both on an open string and while pressing down on the 12th fret. To adjust this is called intonation. If you play C on an E intoned guitar it will not sound as clear as if it would be intoned in C. I don't think there is a problem with changing the intonation on a regular basis but ass drool mouse says, tuning back and forth between C and E will lower the lifetime of the strings dramatically.

To intone is not very hard if you know what you're doing. All you need is an accurate tuner and a flat-headed screwdriver. You should not intone while you have new strings, they intend to drop very fast after tuning so the intonation will become inaccurate. Check any internet guide on intonation for more information.
These Guys

Metallica
Dream Theater
Led Zeppelin
Black Sabbath
Nirvana
Jimi Hendrix
KoRn
Rage Againt The Machine

It's not too great for the guitar to keep changing tuning and spring tension like that, but it won't kill it unless you do it like...a few times a day for a long period of time.
You gotta realise it is just a bunch of metal plates and springs, so it's fairly sturdy. After a while though, the springs will loose their...springyness. Cheap and easy to replace though.
Member of the Laney Cult
Quote by Gayfish
Standard tuning is E and then you adjust the length of the string so that you get accurate notes both on an open string and while pressing down on the 12th fret. To adjust this is called intonation. If you play C on an E intoned guitar it will not sound as clear as if it would be intoned in C. I don't think there is a problem with changing the intonation on a regular basis but ass drool mouse says, tuning back and forth between C and E will lower the lifetime of the strings dramatically.

To intone is not very hard if you know what you're doing. All you need is an accurate tuner and a flat-headed screwdriver. You should not intone while you have new strings, they intend to drop very fast after tuning so the intonation will become inaccurate. Check any internet guide on intonation for more information.

has nothing to do with intonation, sorry
lp345: It's a virus
rage6945: i went on a little bit torrent spree and got Jay-z's black album
nebno6:Maybe it's god punishing you for having a bad music taste.
nowa90:UGNED!!
you're fine dude. I've had an Epiphone Tony Iommi sig and i've been changing from standard to dropped D to dropped C back and forth for like 3 years and my guitar is fine. dont worry about it
^^^Well changing tunings in fixed bridge guitars isnt an issue. He was asking about wear and tear on the screws etc on a FR. Cant be good to reset the bridge several times a day. Not to mention it would be a pain to do all the time. Floating bridges its way better and easier to set em and leave em
Thanks everybody for your help, one thing though, do those screws in the back screw right into just the wood of the guitar or like into some metal?....if anybody knows the answer to that..lol
Tackleberry, would it just be better to get another guitar and set in to a tuning and then set my FR to another?