hi, ive semi recently bought a used ibanez rg tremolo, with the fixed bridge. Love the guitar just have a couple questions about it.

1. With this guitar i also bought a cheap line 6 spider 3 amp (15 watts) i play on insane or metal settings, but when i do i can notice a pick scratching noise as im picking. Is this from the guitar, the amp/distortion, or simply the pick im using?

2. I hear there is some way to block the bridge (watever that means) so that you dont have to unscrew and fix the springs and such everytime you change your tuning. How is this performed? Is it worth it?

any answers greatly appreciated.
only answer ur first question which u kinda anwered urself (i think) pick scratching. Its prob from the pick and ur technique using it.
Fender 72 Tele Thinline (my baby)
Gibson SG Special Faded
ESP LTD M-1000
Peavy Vk 112
Boss GT-10
in answer to question 2 search tremol-no on google
very good system of blocking a trem

or do wat i did and just put a block of wood inbetween the tremolo and the body in the cavity so that the bridge is held parrallel to the body
I Think I can answer your second question. If you want to block the bridge so that the tuning won't change, you can just measure and cut a block of wood and use it by putting it behind the bridge in the cavity.
Quote by destrukto spin
ibanez rg tremolo, with the fixed bridge.

Er, do you mean a locking bridge? Double locking bridge?
Anyway, yeah there is a way to fix the tremolo such that you can chanhe tunings whenever you want. There is a balance between the springs and the strings, which keeps the tremolo floating. If you change the tuning, the tension on the strings changes, which means the balance is disrupted, and the tremolo will hang to the left or to the right. However, if you place something under the tremolo, such as a small wooden block, or sometimes a 9V battery would do the trick (tape it to prevent finish damage!), the tremolo can't tilt bachwards, which means that if you downtune, the tremolo will stay in place.
yah sorry for the not so good desription, i really dont know alot about about the whole floating bridge/dual locking bridge, my one and only previos guitar was a shoddy acoustic. The trmo-no sounds tempting but costly perhaps. this battery/block of wood idea has me quite intrigued though. say i did put someting in my guitar, afterwords would i be able to just unscrew the screws at the top of the guitar or bottom (not entirely sure), tune it via the knobs, and screw it back up, and voila it'd be good to go?
Really.....the 15 wat amp sucks.....I have the 75 wat and the sound on it is so much clearer.
A fixed bridge means you don't have a tremolo. If your strings are locked at the nut, you have a double locking tremolo. If not, it's a single locking tremolo. Yeah you could just but anything underneath the tremolo, us long as the size is correct. You will want something that fits perfectly, such that the tremolo is not tilted backwards or forwards when it's resting on the block. you could just saw your own wooden block to make it fit perfectly. You could even glue the block in there, to make it permanent, but there are more elegant ways to achieve the same effect. Note that you can still do dive bombs (bending the tone downwards), however, watch out the block doesn't fall out . Other advantages are that you will have an increased sustain, bends on a string while picking multiple strings will be better, because the non-bended string will stay in tune, and when one string breaks, the rest of the strings will stay in tune.
Quote by donotpress
Really.....the 15 wat amp sucks.....I have the 75 wat and the sound on it is so much clearer.

At least he didn't waste all of his money.

TS, spider 3s seem very noisy. That could be the sound you hear. Otherwise, try different picks/techniques. I'd also recommend you return it and get a Peavey Vypyr 15 for the same price if you can. Maybe even a roland cube.

So, do you have a floating bridge or is it fixed? Because if it's fixed you don't need to do anything. Otherwise, a couple pieces of wood on each side will help block it, make tuning easier, and help with sustain.
Quote by Pac_man0123
At least he didn't waste all of his money.

TS, spider 3s seem very noisy. That could be the sound you hear. Otherwise, try different picks/techniques. I'd also recommend you return it and get a Peavey Vypyr 15 for the same price if you can. Maybe even a roland cube.

So, do you have a floating bridge or is it fixed? Because if it's fixed you don't need to do anything. Otherwise, a couple pieces of wood on each side will help block it, make tuning easier, and help with sustain.

I didn't waste all of my money.......and plus even though its expensive it kicks a lot of sound and its good quality
^donotpress: Actually, a Spider III > 15W is a waste. Horrible tone. Good practice amp I guess, though there are better.

For the price of a 75Watt you could've bought a much better solid-state, or a cheap-end tube.
Quote by donotpress
I didn't waste all of my money.......and plus even though its expensive, I started raising a bee farm for honey while playing guitar! how cool is that?!

Fixed.
Quote by Eddie4President
Either you remind her of a girl, or she's not a lesbian.

Quote by blake1221
Jabba's real name is Katie.
Right, I assume you want to block the trem, and I'd do so as soon as possible, as you'll most likely (unless you're playing a prestige RG through a line 6 spyder) be using the Edge III trem, which won't last too long, so blocking it will make it a lot better to cope with.
1) Yeah its your picking technique probably

2) Yes often times people use a block of wood for the cheap way otherwise you can buy a tremolo-no and set it to dive only or completley blocked.
Ibanez RG7321
Jackson Randy Rhoads V with Floyd Rose
Peavey Valveking 112
Digitech RP70 Guitar Processor