Hey guys,
Just wondering if anyone who has used this strat, own the strat, or knows about it has any knowledge of whether the strat is routed out for single coil pick ups for future upgrades? I like the neck and the invader humbucker in it, but wanted to add two single coils along with a pickup selector and tone knobs. Anyone know if this is possible on this guitar (without adding a new bridge)?
i highly doubt the TD model has a unique body. they most likely just used a normal strat body so yea, it should be routed either HSS or just swimming pooled
Get off this damn forum and play your damn guitar.
All you need to do is buy a new faceplate, a blade toggle switch, pickups with wiring, solder, and a soldering iron....

Should be good after that....
Quote by S.Y.N.
Why would you need a new bridge?

Yeah, it makes no sense, why do you need a new bridge? No, you don't need to.
Anyway, I bet it is. It's probably routed either HSS or HSH.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
I was under the impression that the bridge was built unique for the support of a single humbucker (which is why I asked people who knew more than me about the body and wiring). No need to attack me for asking lol. I was leaning towards what NJNoise had said, but just wanted a better opinion to confirm it.

haha I guarantee Tom D has no idea, the only guitars the guy plays are factory set humbucker guitars. I got the guitar for dirt cheap a few years back from a friend and its been sitting around collecting dust, I figured I would customize it a bit.
You already have it?

Well FFS take off the pickguard and check.
Enjoi <--- Friend me
Quote by Scowmoo
Otter, you're my new god.
from what i can remember seeing on a thread about this before its swimming pool'd.

dont take my word for it tho

EDIT:
Quote by Øttər
You already have it?

Well FFS take off the pickguard and check.

TS why didnt you just do this already???
<*ELECTRO*>
XXXXX
XXXXX

Last edited by buzz at Jan 8, 2009,
haha again, I have never done any wiring before, and before I learn, I wanted to make sure that this guitar was compatable, so I asked.

FFS, read above
Taking the pickguard off an inch or two requires the skills of using a screwdriver....
Enjoi <--- Friend me
Quote by Scowmoo
Øttər

FFS that's too easy! Where's the sense of community in doing that?

Now, does anyone know where I left my shoe?

haha really? thats how easy it is to take off a pickguard? Ohhh so those are what those things are! screws! Otter, you are the next dane cook.

...but really, has anyone seen my shoe?
I can't tell if you're being serious or not... if you aren't then mleh.
Enjoi <--- Friend me
Quote by Scowmoo
This is nowhere near as bad as half the kids who come into my store, believe it or not
I Japanese Fenders
MIJ '86 Strat, MIJ '95 Foto Flame Tele, Jackson JSX-94
Schecter C-1 Classic 3TSB, Takamine EG544SC-4C
Warwick Corvette Fretless MIJ '89 P-Bass Lyte
Fender Geddy Lee Sig Bass, Ibanez DTT700 Destroyer
Don't be sarcastic, just unscrew your pickguard and check...
Enjoi <--- Friend me
Quote by Scowmoo
What gets me is you would happily have let someone de-string their guitar and unscrew their pickguard to check something you could have done yourself. That's quite selfish.

Since when did you need an engineering degree to use a screwdriver? The point goes in the screwhead and you turn it. Righty-tighty, lefty loosey.

If you have any other questions I'd be more than happy to answer them. (Now that's sarcasm).
Quote by Senior13a11s
I was leaning towards what NJNoise had said, but just wanted a better opinion to confirm it.

My opininons not good enough?????!!??!?!

Quote by bellerophon
What gets me is you would happily have let someone de-string their guitar and unscrew their pickguard to check something you could have done yourself. That's quite selfish.

Since when did you need an engineering degree to use a screwdriver? The point goes in the screwhead and you turn it. Righty-tighty, lefty loosey.

If you have any other questions I'd be more than happy to answer them. (Now that's sarcasm).

what was the point of that? the TC is CLEARLY asking if anyone has done this before, or has true knowledge about the guitar. i'm actually in the same situation so i'd like to know if anyone has come to a sure answer yet... bump
Quote by JohnFrusciante6
what was the point of that? the TC is CLEARLY asking if anyone has done this before, or has true knowledge about the guitar. i'm actually in the same situation so i'd like to know if anyone has come to a sure answer yet... bump
Because the TS didn't state in his OP that he actually owned the guitar himself and just 5 minutes of his time could have been spent finding out himself.
I'm actually a helpful guy (no it's true, hard to believe in this post maybe but look in the wiring diagram thread) and if I had the guitar in question I would have done exactly as I stated in the post you quoted, i.e. I would have de-strung my guitar and unscrewed my pickguard to help the TS out. When in fact he could've done so himself in near enough the same time it took him to post his question and get a reply.

If you're in the same position I suggest you ask him to have a look at his guitar's routing!
Last edited by bellerophon at Jan 13, 2009,