Reyt.

So. I took physics for AS college, and I hate it. I can't do it. I've given in, but I'm not allowed to drop it.

So I've been skipping either 1 or 2 out of 3 lessons of it a week, and going to one.

The report kind of things are coming out soon, and my attendence for it is 80%, which is apparently bad. Closer inspection of it told me that in December, i skipped 4 lessons, and went to 5. 2 skipped on thursday, 2 skipped on friday.

They apparnetly post the reports to parents. My parents get home before me.
So how am i gonna explain how my attendence in other subjects is like 97-95% (had a few days off sick), but in physics its 80%

Thanks pitt.
Quote by alaskan_ninja
Everyone is trying a comeback now. Metallica, Smashing Pumpkins, Rage, and now bin Laden? Come on. Give it a rest..

haha
Intercept the letter.
Then divide it by zero.
Or turn it into dark matter.
Or whatever it is you physics students do.

(fap)
Quote by abstract pie
Ahh the pit. Where conversations of Pokemon Cards can turn into ones of wizard homosexuality

You are everything I want...
...'Cause you are...

...Everything I'm not.

Atheism. Is. Not. A. Religion.
Today's saints were yesterday's sellouts
I was like that with AS Maths, I just could not do it and it was almost too late to drop out and switch to something else.

I got my parents involved and they spoke to my Sr. tutor with me and we got it sorted, best decision I ever made.
Opie and Anthony Fan
XM 202 | SIRIUS 197
Linger Longer
Maybe just tell that that you don't like the subject? They do say honesty is the best policy. They may eb able to help you, get you lessons in some other way to catch up, or someone who will make it vaguely interesting (enter hot tutor :P). Either that or commit some sort of major crime and steal the letter from the PO before it gets posted.
Musically ignorant. Seeking education.

Am female. Finally have bass!

As cunning as a fox who has just been made professor of cunning at Oxford university.

Muse = genius.
tell them that during physics every day you would go to the bathroom and smoke a joint. then they won't care about the missed attendance.

Alternatively, you could say you are late to that class a lot and every 3 tardies count as an absence
I think we took too many drugs when we were kids,
'cause now we like to make
Weird Music
-Wayne Coyne
i have the same problem
i hate AS Physics, but il have to do it, no point skipping lessons, whats the point?
Just deal with it and drop it at the end of the year
Quote by closertofreewil
I officially hate you SBLAKELELY.

PSN ID: blakerz92
add me
talk to them about it...no point in hiding it, they'll find out sooner or later.
[img]http://img300.imageshack.us/img300/3760/356h356h365pc1.png[/img]
Die Ruhe vor dem Sturm.
Deal with it.

Life's hard, get used to it.

Epiphone Les Paul Standard w/ SD Alnico Pro II's
Fender Aerodyne Telecaster & Stratocaster
Marshall JCM 800 4104 combo

E-Married to Funny_Page
Just let your parents have it, take the blame and go on. It's not like they have any real power over you.
People are bastards. Bastardcoated bastards with bastardfilling.
Who gives a shit, this isn't a big deal. Explain yourself to them if you have to. They probably won't really care.
How about you tell them that you hate it ?

Seriously why can't people have a conversation with their parents about this stuff.
Quote by gjvx
Damn you Spicer001, I'll get you for this...

[GT]Spicer001 of the UG Gaming Force
Say:
"Reyt.

So. I took physics for AS college, and I hate it. I can't do it. I've given in, but I'm not allowed to drop it.

So I've been skipping either 1 or 2 out of 3 lessons of it a week, and going to one."
Be like, "I hate physics, so I decided not to go to some of my lessons; they wouldn't let me drop, but I don't plan on continuing it, anyway."

But they might not believe you, it does sound kind of far-fetched.

Gunpowder: FUCKING ROCKS!!!
Quote by The Madcap
[witty set-up]
Gunpowder FUCKING ROCKS!!!!!

Quote by Kensai

Gunpowder you fucking rock!!

Quote by Dirge Humani
Now I can say, with sufficient certainly, that you, Gunpowder...

FUCK ROCKS!
Just go

'Reyt ma, I've been a retard, but I'm going to go to all my lessons from now on. Sorry.'
VENUSIAN
FB SC BC TW
Patterns In The Ivy present ethnicity on an intriguing and dedicated level. ~Ambient Exotica
A mesmeric melange of yearning voice, delicate piano and carefully chosen samples. ~Lost Voices
Don't take it up, let them approach you. Then just act cool and tell them whats what.
People are bastards. Bastardcoated bastards with bastardfilling.
Just own up. I've skipped a lot of my critical thinking lessons and I told my parents, because they'd find out either way.
I play by my own rules. And I have one rule; There are no rules... but if there are, they're there to be broken. Even this one.

Confused? Good.

Quote by CrucialGutchman
Sigs are wastes of my precious screen space.

^ Irony

Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
LET ME HUMP YOU DAMMIT
Quote by SBLAKELEY
i have the same problem
i hate AS Physics, but il have to do it, no point skipping lessons, whats the point?
Just deal with it and drop it at the end of the year

The point is my girlfriend has the same block of lessons free

And thanks for the help.

If its questioned, I'll just tell them nd go to all the lessons from now on, I guess.

Quote by alaskan_ninja
Everyone is trying a comeback now. Metallica, Smashing Pumpkins, Rage, and now bin Laden? Come on. Give it a rest..

haha
Man up and take the consequences. You made the choice to skip the classes, so deal with it.
there is no fear in this heart.

Quote by ETHANEVIL
How am I being or trying to be fabulous/glamorous?

Why not just concede that you're an idiot? Suck it up and deal with it, I'm sure you were aware of the consequences when you were skipping, and if you didn't it's your own fault. It's about time you get punished for it.
i cant do as maths so i went to the head of year and if i fail this test tomorrow then he said i can drop it. you just have to go talk to someone about it and they see what they can do.
_____
MUSE
Quote by protest000
Quote by gillehy
Anyone agree there or am i on my own?
+
Quote by break-me-in
Just own up. I've skipped a lot of my critical thinking lessons and I told my parents, because they'd find out either way.

do you go to bacup and rawtenstall grammar school 6th form?
_____
MUSE
Quote by protest000
Quote by gillehy
Anyone agree there or am i on my own?
+
just keep doing physics like a man, take the exams and then drop it for a2, only need to take 3 subjects for a2 due to workload so drop it then.
pretty simple to think about really.

atleast you know which one you will be droppin, i couldnt decide when it came to me

edit: oh and either intercept the letter or just say to your parents you skipped lessons cos you dont like it and were doing work for other lessons to give them priority and do better in the ones you like
Last edited by 89cruefan at Jan 8, 2009,
How old are you? Legally, if you are 18, then your parents cannot open mail addressed to you. It is techincally mail fraud and I do believe a federal offense.
You're doing AS, so I can assume you're nearly 17, if you're not there already.

For Christ's sake, man. Grow a pair and talk to your parents/teachers about it.

If you really don't like it at all, you should be able to drop it because it's AS. It'll mean you can't drop anything at the end of the year, but at least you won't be doing something you don't like.
Quote by buckethead_jr
^And known for that bloody awesome croissant with a crown.
Man that's badass.

MINE SIG R PINK
Write out Ohm's Law on your porch before you leave, when they come home it will simply amaze them, Then you can pull off some ninja moves and Intercept the letter.
Quote by IDon'tLoveYou
Reyt.

So I've been skipping either 1 or 2 out of 3 lessons of it a week, and going to one.

The report kind of things are coming out soon, and my attendence for it is 80%, which is apparently bad. Closer inspection of it told me that in December, i skipped 4 lessons, and went to 5. 2 skipped on thursday, 2 skipped on friday.

They apparnetly post the reports to parents. My parents get home before me.
So how am i gonna explain how my attendence in other subjects is like 97-95% (had a few days off sick), but in physics its 80%

Thanks pitt.

My typical response is you're a weakling and not worth it. If you can't do it you're a complete failure. Never, never, never, never (x10) quit. If you do badly in your exams, stand up and try again until you get it right. Who cares if you hate it - 2 years doing a subject you hate doesn't really matter because it's not as if it's a dead-end road. After A-Levels you're free to do what you want.

Just get the job done and stop complaining. The consequences are purely you're fault. Don't be a coward.
¤´¨留話 請留話 請在我說完後
¸.•´¸.•´¨¸.•¤¨哭泣我不在這裡 我不在那裡請在嗶一聲之後留
(¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´(´¸.•¤´`¤下自己的秘密請在嗶一聲之後對話筒沾自喜請在嗶一聲之後對空氣唉聲嘆氣

我不在這裡 我人在哪裡 我想到哪裡¤

請在嗶一聲之後留下有聲的話題¤

請在嗶一聲之後分擔感情的問題¤

¤¤¤

Quote by Harmonius
My typical response is you're a weakling and not worth it. If you can't do it you're a complete failure. Never, never, never, never (x10) quit. If you do badly in your exams, stand up and try again until you get it right. Who cares if you hate it - 2 years doing a subject you hate doesn't really matter because it's not as if it's a dead-end road. After A-Levels you're free to do what you want.

Just get the job done and stop complaining. The consequences are purely you're fault. Don't be a coward.

Do you have a degree in pep talks? That was truly inspiring.
Quote by NJNoise
How old are you? Legally, if you are 18, then your parents cannot open mail addressed to you. It is techincally mail fraud and I do believe a federal offense.

Yeah there you go, you can take your parents to court for opening your mail. GENIUS!!
Then they can kick you the **** out of their house.

Just man up.
Quote by -February-Star-
You're doing AS, so I can assume you're nearly 17, if you're not there already.

For Christ's sake, man. Grow a pair and talk to your parents/teachers about it.

If you really don't like it at all, you should be able to drop it because it's AS. It'll mean you can't drop anything at the end of the year, but at least you won't be doing something you don't like.

I've talked to my tutor, but she's said its too late to drop any subject.

Basically cause it'll make the college look bad, I reckon.

Its kind of crappy.
Quote by alaskan_ninja

haha
Quote by IDon'tLoveYou
The point is my girlfriend has the same block of lessons free

And thanks for the help.

If its questioned, I'll just tell them nd go to all the lessons from now on, I guess.

Are you sure you really can't do Physics or are you just more interested in being with your girlfriend?

If it is the latter reason you'll regret not going to those lessons and actually doing some work.
Success in all subjects depends on three A's: ability, attitude and application. A deficit in the first can be offset by working on the other two.
Quote by NJNoise

Legally... US law doesn't apply in the UK. By that I mean we don't have all this "federal offence" crap. Yes, it is illegal here but it's just a crime, not a federal crime or anything... Sorry to be an arse, but you should have realised that AS isn't an American qualification. Pays a lot to read a little.

But on topic...

Just talk to them about it. If you can't do it then you can't do it, it isn't your fault.

If they won't let you drop it because it "makes them look bad" then that's a bit pathetic considering it's not even compulsory to go to 6th form/college.
Posted from Ubuntu.

Squier Precision Bass Special in Antique Burst (LH)
Rotosound Swing 66s, 45-105

On slapping on a bass:
Quote by supersac
pretend its a woman
i have no helpful advice

Last edited by druggietoad2k5 at Jan 8, 2009,
Quote by StrayCatBlues
Intercept the letter.
Then divide it by zero.
Or turn it into dark matter.
Or whatever it is you physics students do.

(fap)

this.
just give me a fender and let me rip
I do physics, had a moment earlier where I just realised how to do just about everything we've been learning since September.
Quote by druggietoad2k5
Legally... US law doesn't apply in the UK. By that I mean we don't have all this "federal offence" crap. Yes, it is illegal here but it's just a crime, not a federal crime or anything... Sorry to be an arse, but you should have realised that AS isn't an American qualification. Pays a lot to read a little.

But on topic...

Just talk to them about it. If you can't do it then you can't do it, it isn't your fault.

If they won't let you drop it because it "makes them look bad" then that's a bit pathetic considering it's not even compulsory to go to 6th form/college.

For the record....I'm canadian.