So, I was the other day cleaning up my squier strat (the last was about 5 months ago), and I noticed a couple of scrapes and then I wondered how can you make a paint-fixing for your guitar. Days later I decided I wanted to re-paint my guitar completely, but I don't know how, I would make the traditional DIY painting but I think that it would eventually get peeled again, even quickly because of the "bad quality" job.

So my point is, how can I make a good DIY re-painting job for my guitar?. Give me some good advices, or whether you know how to do it completely...

Please, and thanks for your attention.
Ultimate refinishing thread.

Basically, take off the electrics completely, the neck too if you can.

Masking tape if you want design, and spray it, then coat it.
Quote by garage_kid
So, I was the other day cleaning up my squier strat (the last was about 5 months ago), and I noticed a couple of scrapes and then I wondered how can you make a paint-fixing for your guitar. Days later I decided I wanted to re-paint my guitar completely, but I don't know how, I would make the traditional DIY painting but I think that it would eventually get peeled again, even quickly because of the "bad quality" job.

So my point is, how can I make a good DIY re-painting job for my guitar?. Give me some good advices, or whether you know how to do it completely...

Please, and thanks for your attention.

Search in my Username, look for any Painting type threads...look for my posts, they are usually long.
I'll report this, have a look [html="https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=542726"]here[/html], and google for some 'how to's if anything doesn't make sense.