My marshall 250 is playing loud ..when its on clean it has no sound,and when its in overdrive its very soft.Even when master is high.can someone please help me
you might have blown a fuse or the amp is fried.

it's an MG
My Guitars:
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Epiphone AJ
Ibanez Strat Copy

Amps:
Orange Tiny Terror Head
Old beaten up Peavey cab
Marshall MG30DFX
Solid state amps are so expensive to fix, it's actually cheaper to buy a new one.

Prepares for flame-tards with their "Does it matter, it's an MG LOLOLOL".
Quote by ginjaninja
Solid state amps are so expensive to fix, it's actually cheaper to buy a new one.

Prepares for flame-tards with their "Does it matter, it's an MG LOLOLOL".

everyone keeps regurgitating that bullcrap.
my friends randall SS (dont remember the model name, but sounds pretty good) broke down a month or so ago. took it to the shop and got it fixed for like 40 bucks.
guess that means your wrong.

both of my tube amps arent working properly and NO ONE has been able to figure them out.
Quote by BryanChampine
It was like a orgasm in my ear.
Chea_man is the best.
Quote by chea_man
everyone keeps regurgitating that bullcrap.
my friends randall SS (dont remember the model name, but sounds pretty good) broke down a month or so ago. took it to the shop and got it fixed for like 40 bucks.
guess that means your wrong.

both of my tube amps arent working properly and NO ONE has been able to figure them out.

Yeah solid states aren't usually that expensive to fix. My old bandmate's SS head went out and it was less than $30 to fix it. When people say this it makes it sound like tube amps are cheaper. Which is completely false. Especially if you eat through tubes...it can add up. Just an added perspective here...I own both tube and SS and each has their pros/cons.

EDIT: To TS: I would check all of your connections. Then swap out cables, try another guitar, change batteries or unhook effects pedals if you use any, etc. to try and isolate the problem. It may not even be your amp.
Last edited by eyebanez333 at Jan 8, 2009,
A basic SS amp can be fixed. Cost me 10 bucks to fix the 1 I have. As long as its not the digital FX and modeling section of the amp. Be hard to find anybody other than the manufacturer who could diagnose that part of the amp. And sometimes certain parts can be very hard to get. But its not wise to spend 50$ fixing a 100$ amp.