. . . and i was just wondering if anyone had any suggestions on what to buy, i myself was thinking about earnie ball slinky strings.

However, im not too sure about the different gauges, so could someone please explain this to me?

cheers
Do a quick search, theres been a load of string threads recently
Quote by guitarhero_764
I think you need to stop caring what people think about it. I stayed home all day today and masturbated like 5 times. Fucking blast.

Ibanez ATK300 ◈ Sansamp VT Bass ◈ EHX Nano Small Stone ◈ Hartke LH500 ◈ Ashdown/Celestion 115
Ernie Ball Super Slinky are pretty good if you're experimenting with some new strings. They're relatively easy to pluck and fret, and function nicely for slapping.

To provide you with some more information, I did a google search:

Bass String Gauges

String gauge refers to the thickness of the string. The E-string is often .090" to .110" thick. Most often they leave the decimal off just saying 110 or 90, etc. The bigger the number, the heavier the string. Every manufacturer has their own way of naming string gauges — medium, medium light, light, super light. There is a trade off between lighter and heavier string gauges. Lighter strings are easier to play and have a very bright sound, but are prone to breaking and lack a full tone. Heavier strings have a full tone, but require a little more effort to pluck and fret. Usually you should stick to medium gauge strings (105 - 45). The only time I recommend light gauge strings is if a person's fingers are real weak or if you are doing a lot of slap bass.

I hope this answers most of your questions about strings. You most likely want to buy a set of medium gauge (105 - 45), long scale, roundwound strings. Good luck!

Original document: http://www.houstonbasslessons.com/bassist_faq_about_strings.html
Hi.
^they also go dead after a week
Quote by guitarhero_764
I think you need to stop caring what people think about it. I stayed home all day today and masturbated like 5 times. Fucking blast.

Ibanez ATK300 ◈ Sansamp VT Bass ◈ EHX Nano Small Stone ◈ Hartke LH500 ◈ Ashdown/Celestion 115
Im looking to buy a packet of condoms, but i do a search first and see if theres not a million threads about it, thusly i go somewere and make thus thread. BTW theres a million threads on this, go buy aloud of different ones.
Yamaha TRB1006
Fender MIA jazz bass
Hora Hybrid double bass
Hartke lh 500
Ev 606L
Epiphone les paul
Rotosound 66 med or heavy gauge are awesome since you probably wont round wounds. If you wanted flat wounds try Rotosound 77's or Steve Harris sigs. I've used ernie ball, dean markley, ghs and rotosound and my fav are the rotos
Keep On Keepen' On
Is it just me or does everyone who asks this question have Ernie Ball in mind? I think it's just me. D'addario, Elixer, and Dr are what I use.
Schecter Stiletto Studio 5
Ibanez SRX2EX1
Gallien Krueger 1001rbii
Gallien Krueger Neo 410