Im considering buying a B.C. Rich Bronze Series Warlock. Bear in mind im 14 with no job or no allowances so im not wanting to spent over £300

Ive poked and proded around on the internet and the UG Forums and the reviews are mixed. Ive seen reviews for the B.C. Rich Bronze but i think theve stopped making them.

Could you post links or rating on it, and if your linking a site to buy, make shure its british (and the guitar has BRONZE in withe bold writing with B.C. Rich below it, im that picky :P)

Thanks lads.
Quote by Creedible
Im considering buying a B.C. Rich Bronze Series Warlock. Bear in mind im 14 with no job or no allowances so im not wanting to spent over £300

Ive poked and proded around on the internet and the UG Forums and the reviews are mixed. Ive seen reviews for the B.C. Rich Bronze but i think theve stopped making them.

Could you post links or rating on it, and if your linking a site to buy, make shure its british (and the guitar has BRONZE in withe bold writing with B.C. Rich below it, im that picky :P)

Thanks lads.

The BC Rich bronze series isn't very good of guitars too be honest, a lot of people here don't like them.
People buy them because they like the BRROOOTALZ shape, but after a few months they kick themselves in the head because they know they've wasted money.

Would you consider any other suggestions? for £300 you can get a much much better guitar.

Epiphone Les Paul Standard w/ SD Alnico Pro II's
Fender Aerodyne Telecaster & Stratocaster
Marshall JCM 800 4104 combo

E-Married to Funny_Page
I don't think they are very good for beginners. Sorry as I know that that isn't what you want to hear, but it would be much more productive for you if you had a guitar which isn't going to have limitations that hold back your playing in the early stages.

I like the company BC Rich and my brother happens to own a couple of NJ series ones, but I am yet to play a Bronze BC Rich which hasn't been terrible (and I've played a lot of them, almost all my friends started with them hehe).

In my opinion, the best "starter" guitar out there is the Ibanez RG321. It's not intended to be a starter guitar, it just happens to be dirt cheap, but with a fully mahogany body, fast neck and a fixed bridge you're gonna be pretty safe going for that. They are generally about £150
id look more into ESP's and jackson. the LTD series from ESP are mostly cheap and under 300. you can get a pretty good deal.

jacksons still look kickass without making you pay a ton, too. i got a beginners randy rhoads for about 250-300 and it can more than hold up to most B.C. Richs. id say ESPs are better overall though. BC Rich has its gems, but overall they seem to aim more toward aesthetic value. lots of metalheads go for them for the body shapes, but end up realizing that the sound they love so much cant be played too well on them.
I'm sure you can find a much better guitar in the £300 range then a Bronze series BC Rich. Why does it have to be that particular (crappy) guitar?
Gargantuan: Those reviews are really good, but everyone thinks there not as good as the reviews.

Okay, my budget is now £200. i though my dad said hed be willing to put £200 in on top of my £100, but he said £100, sorry bought that guys

I played it at my mates the other day and his sounded and felt good. The reviews were saying it needed better pickups, so if i got better ones would that make it better?
Reviews on beginner guitars are for the most part completely worthless, because the only people who usually review them are, surprise surprise, beginners who have no idea what they are talking about.

Even BC Rich fans will admit the Bronze is composed of completely **** guitars. You can do much better. I'm not familiar with the prices of guitars in £s, but I'll see what I can find.
T!AN: Its okay if its american, ill find a brittish equivalant, and thanks T!AN

And to let you guys all know, im a begginer :L

Chrisiphone: Im open to all suggestions, i just was hoping for a B.C. Bronze
Last edited by Creedible at Jan 8, 2009,
Look at WICKED
Hell, you could get an amp as well and still have change.
Alrightm maybe spend a hundred on better pups, but you're still within budget.
Once again, look into the Ibanez RG321. They cost about £150 and are made of good components and materials and play fantastically!

If you are really set on a BC Rich Bronze though, just try out every single one that every single store near you stocks. Do NOT just buy the first one that the shop shows you. Play each one and only buy one if there is one without any problems.

Which shape do you want anyway?
they are ****. Please dont get it. Ill tell you precisely whats wrong with them.
Actually ill tell you everything good about it - the shape.

If you want bc rich quality, go for the WMD or deluxe or even standard series. As you said you cant get any funds, go and get a different brand. Believe me dude, ive been through that and i would rather have waited to get a better guitar, cos i wanted a better guitar pretty much straight after i got the warlock.

EDIT - http://www.guitarampkeyboard.com/en/77802

its 29£ over your budget but it is SOOOO much better
Quote by hell_monkey
Lmao pantera? you'd think obama listened to some tupac or something
Last edited by BackDoorEntry at Jan 8, 2009,
Seriously DO NOT buy the Bronze Warlock... I've owned it as my first guitar, because the shop owner talked me into it.

Trust me, if you buy it, here's a few things you'll begin to notice in no less then 6 months.

~ Seriously noisy.
~ Action of the strings (height of the strings from the fretboard) is high, even at its lowest.
~ Frets are bad.
~ Pickups are just.. terrible!
~ Bridge/chrome hardware will tarnish very quickly.
~ Sounds crap.
~ Doesn't play well at all.
~ Might become awkward for you to play with that large pointy lower bout digging into your forearm.
~ Electronics fail (mine did anyways, and so do quite few).
~ Chips easy, specially with all the pointy bits.

I like radically shaped guitars, but I'd rather go with a guitar that plays better and feels better and overall IS better then something that just looks "metulz"..

As mentioned, I highly recommend you go Ibanez.. The quality and playability is far superior
to that of the Bronze thing..

EDIT:
Quote by Lurcher
Look at WICKED
Hell, you could get an amp as well and still have change.
Alrightm maybe spend a hundred on better pups, but you're still within budget.

Seriously DON'T look at these or even think about buying them, they're incredibly cheap Chinese made guitars.. Even more worse then the lower end BCR's...
Last edited by Blast For Satan at Jan 8, 2009,
Quote by Blast For Satan

Ibanez RG321 is a very good beginners choice!

Not as good as the RGR321EX (Intl version)/RG2EX1 (US version)

They are the same guitar, but they are the highest of your price range i think
Quote by hell_monkey
^ To be honest, I prefer the earlier model... RG321MH.

The only difference between the two is that the EX model has a Basswood body, Reversed headstock for a br00talz look and EMG designed pups... I personally haven't played the EX model, but I can't see it being any better. I've never been too impressed with EMG's either... (not that the Ibanez Infinity pups are great)
Quote by BackDoorEntry
Not as good as the RGR321EX (Intl version)/RG2EX1 (US version)

They are the same guitar, but they are the highest of your price range i think

Nah, that one is just over his price range. Anyway, it's got a basswood body and that's not great. As for the "designed by EMG pickups", you're going to eventually change the bridge pickup on both of those guitars anyway, as long as what it comes with works while you use it the pickup doesn't really matter. Basically, neither are any good, you're just paying for the EMG name.
http://www.instruments2go.co.uk/BC-Rich-Bronze-Series-Warlock-Guitar-p-852.html

there you go...OH and just to let you know if you dont know already, if you want a BC Rich and you REALLY want a BC Rich hands down, your going to have to ignore about 98% of the people here, ive played BC Riches the entire time i played guitar, but i do agree where the Bronze is made cheap, but like anything cheap you get what you pay for, AND MOST OF ALL, if YOU yourself like it, it appeals to your need then the hell with what people say, THEY are NOT you and THEY cant tell YOU what YOU NEED!! If its what you want then GO FOR IT!
Crank your rig on 12, let it feedback wide-open for a good two minutes, freak your neighbors out and ENJOY THE POWER OF THE GUITAR! 'Oh, what a feeling,' and it ain't no damned Toyota!" ----Dimebag Darrell
Quote by heretic-clown
http://www.instruments2go.co.uk/BC-Rich-Bronze-Series-Warlock-Guitar-p-852.html

there you go...OH and just to let you know if you dont know already, if you want a BC Rich and you REALLY want a BC Rich hands down, your going to have to ignore about 98% of the people here, ive played BC Riches the entire time i played guitar, but i do agree where the Bronze is made cheap, but like anything cheap you get what you pay for, AND MOST OF ALL, if YOU yourself like it, it appeals to your need then the hell with what people say, THEY are NOT you and THEY cant tell YOU what YOU NEED!! If its what you want then GO FOR IT!

Well what would be the point of him asking us to rate it then? We've given our opinions, he can choose whether he still wants it or not.
Quote by Les Paul Ell
Well what would be the point of him asking us to rate it then? We've given our opinions, he can choose whether he still wants it or not.

true you are giving your opinions but what im stating is that no one can tell you what another person needs or wants, it all has to do with personal taste, and like i stated before too that YES i do AGREE with the Bronze series being cheap, but if its what he wants why should anyone tell him no.
Crank your rig on 12, let it feedback wide-open for a good two minutes, freak your neighbors out and ENJOY THE POWER OF THE GUITAR! 'Oh, what a feeling,' and it ain't no damned Toyota!" ----Dimebag Darrell
i bought a b.c rich bronze series mockingbird, and like 2 months later the input wire ****ed up, its an easy fix, but still i got mad about the fact that it messed up that early. for 300 you can get a really good guitar on ebay/craigslist. it might not be new, but you can get an 1000x better guitar on ebay than buying it at a guitar store
Last edited by crypticslaughtr at Jan 8, 2009,
Okay, So that guitar is out the question.

What about a BC Rich Warbeast Blood Bound? Or would i be better paying a tad more money and getting the BC Rich Warbeast Standard?

Thanks for the input
Quote by Creedible
Okay, So that guitar is out the question.

What about a BC Rich Warbeast Blood Bound? Or would i be better paying a tad more money and getting the BC Rich Warbeast Standard?

Thanks for the input

Bloodbound is the same as a low end warlock, just with a different colour scheme. Ive played it and it isnt worth investing in at all. You should save up for the standard warbeast, that is an alright guitar
Quote by hell_monkey
If you're dead set on a BC Rich, then here's a few that'd be a bit better then the Bronze series..

If you can go just a little over your price range.
http://www.guitar.co.uk/guitars/electric/1941-bc_rich_avenge_sob_electric_guitar
http://www.guitarampkeyboard.com/en/75251
http://www.dolphinmusic.co.uk/shop/flypage/product_id/29088
http://www.dolphinmusic.co.uk/shop/flypage/product_id/28932

Out of these, this is the one I'd go with if I had to choose..
http://www.dolphinmusic.co.uk/shop/flypage/product_id/39598

But I really suggest you save a little more and go with Ibanez.. But it's your choice.

Hope that helps.
Last edited by Blast For Satan at Jan 9, 2009,
Why does everyone blow their load over Ibanez? The guy wants a BC Rich.

To TS: I'd recommend the Ironbird One. It only goes for $300 and is supposed to be pretty good.
Basses
Ibanez Gio GSR100 w/ SDs

Amps
Acoustic B200
^ I'm not blowing my load over Ibanez.. I gave a few Rich's for him to look at.

I'm suggesting the Ibanez as a first guitar..

My first guitar was a BC Rich Bronze Warlock, I didn't want it at first, but the store owner talked me into it saying it's a great guitar, me not knowing anything at the time got it.. caused me nothing but problems and the playability on the lower end models isn't great, but their mid/high end guitars are pretty good actually.
well, yesterday i was at my local guitar store, merchant city music, and i tried a;

BC Rich Dark Arts Warlock
(http://www.guitar.co.uk/bc_rich/1976-bc_rich_dark_arts_warlock_electric_guitar)

Ibanez RG350DX
(http://www.guitar.co.uk/ibanez/382-ibanez_rg350dx_electric_guitar)

Ibanez RG350MDX
(http://www.guitar.co.uk/ibanez/1441-ibanez_rg350mdx_electric_guitar)

Ibanez S320
(http://www.guitar.co.uk/ibanez/1374-ibanez_s320_electric_guitar?page=3)

I really like all of them. Going from a £100 Westfield SG copy to a £300 odd pound guitar is quite a difference! What should i look for in choosing a guitar? It's just i really liked all of them, they all played well, they all had good tremelo arms and they all sounded great!
Not being funny either mate but is this your first guitar? Because if it is have you thought about a decent amp? You really don't want a shítty amp, it'll make your sound suck. And from experience i'd say the guy who suggested Ibanez is spot on, they're made from quality materials, so they'll play okay, and will leave you enough for a decent-ish amp. B.C Rich's are not that good to be honest.

EDIT: That white Ibanez is sexy. I read a thread on here the other day condemning a certain model of the EDGE Series bridge, but i wasn't sure if it was the EDGE lll or EDGE ll, so i'd look into that first also.
Last edited by Ikonoklast at Jan 11, 2009,
Its my 2nd guitar. My first guitar was a westfield SG copy. I have a 15 watt marshall amp and a 40 watt laney bass amp (Its for a bass so dont lecture me on why its not used for a guitar because i already know that.) I also have a boss br-600 with 100 built in effects so i get distortions of all kinds and because its a good wee piece of kit they dont sound crappy.
Well on that basis then i'd say go for the Ibanez, it really is the better guitar. Btw, have you played either of these guitars or are you buying off the net? It's really better to play them, cause what feels good to me might play awfully for you, we can only advise you on what we find better or more comfortable
I played all four of them, like i said. I dont know what to look for though in a guitar, like i said jumping from a cheap to an expensive guitar is a big difference.
Well just look at the over all structure and set up.

You want to look for whether the guitar has a lot of fret buzz, displaced frets, high action at the nut, marks on the fingerboard. Do you play it in store and 5 mins later it's out of tune? Leave it alone. I actually think there's a thread about buying somewhere on here, but where i couldn't tell you.
thanks ikonoklas! ill go back sometime to a guitar shop and try 'em out again.
i started out with a peavey raptor plus and it was pretty good when i was a begginner but just recently i got a fender strat=) and ive notice that it sucks now lol but check into it
MIM Fender Strat
Ibanez AE series acoustic
Washburn Semi Hollow loaded with Di-Marzios
Main Street LP
Tama drum set
Marshall Blues-breaker 2
VOX V847 Wah
Fender Princeton chorus