well im looking to upgrade from my dean vendetta xm to a better guitar.
im hoping to get something that is great for metal.
anything that you guys could reccomend for 250 and under?
im thinking of the ibanez rg120.
would that be good?
if not tell me some good ones.
oh yeah.
and i need them to be really good for live performances.
cause im going to be gigging.<<lol
Classical Guitarist
Keep saving your money. A guitar in that price bracket would just be a side step and not an actual upgrade.

EDIT: I take that back, I didn't realize how cheap the XM was. I recommend you save up $50 and get an Ibanez RG321. Solid, barebones, mahognay guitar that will get the job done.
Last edited by T!AN at Jan 8, 2009,
Quote by Zep_shizzle
would that be good?
oh yeah.

dude. i just bought an ESP/LTD mh53 for about 280 bucks. and its ****in great. its hard to believe somethin in that price range is any good but trust me...i worte a review of it, just look for ESP LTD MH-53
yea i agree esps rule u should buy one but you would have to look around cuz guitar center isnt licensed to sell them.
Member #24 of the I Love Hayley Williams Club PM Gibson_SG_uzr55 to Join
get a new amp, you wont be able to tell a slight difference in sound if your using a modeling amp
periphery/bulb!

gear:
Ibanez RG7321 w/ D-sonic in bridge

Peavey 5150 mk ii & b52 4x12 cab

line 6 podxt for recording

Quote by AsOneIStand
Head and Cab for $130? You don't need a head and cabinet, you need a psychological examination.
Quote by nutinpwnsgibson
get a new amp, you wont be able to tell a slight difference in sound if your using a modeling amp

i dont need a new amp.
my amp is great.
and when i go live i use my friends amp.
which is alot better.
Classical Guitarist
buy a new amp your amp sucks

don't tell me its great because its pretty obvious your ear hasn't developed to notice what good tone is and **** tone is. Yes, we know that the spider can make spaceship noises with the three effects on at once feature, but, incase you haven't noticed, that does not mean it has good tone.

Sell that crap on craigslist and buy a tube amp.
My gear:
PRS SE custom
~!~--Peavey XXX super 40 EFX --~!~
Peavey VK 112

===WGS Vet30
===JJ power tubes

---Pedals:
-ISP Decimator
-Digitech Bad Monkey
-Crybaby wah
-Korg Pitchblack
-Danelectro FnC EQ
Quote by DaddyBarbs

don't tell me its great because its pretty obvious your ear hasn't developed to notice what good tone is and **** tone is. Yes, we know that the spider can make spaceship noises with the three effects on at once feature, but, incase you haven't noticed, that does not mean it has good tone.

if you were a good musician you could sound good on any amp.
my amp is great.
i use it to practice.
and no i do not use the phaser alot. i dont use it at all actually.

and This is the amp i will be using live.
and i do not want a tube amp.
quit judging people you ignorant prick.
Classical Guitarist
Last edited by Zep_shizzle at Jan 8, 2009,
Quote by Zep_shizzle
would that be good?
oh yeah.

dude for that money I would get a Fernandes!!!

www.fernandesguitars.com
Quote by DaddyBarbs

Just FYI, people are a lot less likely to take your advice if you're a complete asshole when you give it to them. While you may have the right idea (mostly), it's not related to the question at hand.

And before anyone else nags about the Spiders he's using, they should only be used as practice amps, but his guitar is pretty terrible and runs the chance of disintegrating into sawdust if he tried to gig with it. Let him deal with the amp problem when he realizes it's a problem later. You're not really helping someone if you suffocate them by shoving your opinion down there throat.

On topic, I stand by the recommendation I gave earlier.
Quote by T!AN
Just FYI, people are a lot less likely to take your advice if you're a complete asshole when you give it to them. While you may have the right idea (mostly), it's not related to the question at hand.

And before anyone else nags about the Spiders he's using, they should only be used as practice amps, but his guitar is pretty terrible and runs the chance of disintegrating into sawdust if he tried to gig with it. Let him deal with the amp problem when he realizes it's a problem later. You're not really helping someone if you suffocate them by shoving your opinion down there throat.

On topic, I stand by the recommendation I gave earlier.

lol
actually no.
i gigged with it yesterday and it did great.
it did even better than my friends 500 dollar esp.
so pls.
dont judge a guitar on how much it cost.
its a great guitar.
i just feel like i need to upgrade.
Classical Guitarist
trust me, i hate to break it to you, but when your using a modeling amp like a spider, all guitars basically sound the same through it. i dont want you to waste your money and then come complaining to the GG&A section that your amp sucks when you try out an actually good amp
periphery/bulb!

gear:
Ibanez RG7321 w/ D-sonic in bridge

Peavey 5150 mk ii & b52 4x12 cab

line 6 podxt for recording

Quote by AsOneIStand
Head and Cab for $130? You don't need a head and cabinet, you need a psychological examination.
your spider may sound good to you right now, and thats fine. what theyre saying is its a ****ty amp, plain and simple. same as my amp. but you want a new guitar and thats cool also. i would suggest an esp or jackson. OR you could get a fernandes, i love mine. only selling it because i want something else. As i lay dying used to use monterey's with emgs in it
Gear
Fernandes Monterey Elite (with older version of sustainer)
Marshall MG100HDFX (soon to be sold)
Custom made 150 watt celestion cab (soon being sold also)