Hey guys

I've decided on getting a Mesa Boogie Single Rectifier with a 2x12 Marshall 1936 Cab

The only thing is will it be as loud as my Marshall 100DFX?

I need something that loud you see because I'm in a band with a rhythm guitarist, a bassist and a drummer.

Thanks

=)
Yes. It will be much much much much louder.
50 watts tube will easily get your heard over a drummer, it's giggable with ease.
Can we erase the past?
To allow our dreams to forever last?

Gear:

Mesa Boogie Mini Rec 25
Mesa Boogie Rectifier 2x12 cab

Jackson DK2, DK2M, DKMGT, SLAT3-7, DK1
Jesus christ man... Are you seriously asking this?

That Rectifier will blow your MG to smithereens!

It will most likely too loud to crank even in medium sized venues.
PRS SE Singlecut
Bogner Alchemist 112 Combo
Dunlop Classic Crybaby
Martin OM-1 and Backpacker Steel String
Seagull

Youtube Channel -Click Me Please-
The Mesa 50 watt Single Rectifier is actually louder that alot of 100 watt tube amps. That amp is crazy LOUD !
MARSHALL JVM 210H
PEAVEY JSX
KRANK 412
MESA 412
FENDER STRATS
DIMARZIO
CELESTION
Quote by Van Noord
The Mesa 50 watt Single Rectifier is actually louder that alot of 100 watt tube amps. That amp is crazy LOUD !

+1

My Recto is just as loud as the 120 watt Bugera i used to own.
Epi Les Paul-APH1/Mean 90
MIM Strat

Korg DTR1000
ADA MP-1
Mesa/Boogie Quad Pre
Mesa/Boogie Midi Matrix
<power amp>

Quote by rhcp_freak
If you're EQ'd loose, you'll sound loose anyway.
Quote by Van Noord

Yeah I have heard this before. Why is it though?

anyone?

Thanks for the clue-in-age
Origonally Posted by Lauke_101
And you're right

Gibson>Moog>KJL>Homebrew 2x12

Saving 4 any one of these:
Soldano Hot Rod
Splawn (anything)
Laney GH50L
Cornford Roadhouse
Marshall JCM2000
KJL 4x12 to match KJL head
Why is tube amp louder than solid state. Read this!!!

"Watts" is a mathematical calculation of power consumption, not a measure of loudness. Loudness is measured in "decibels". Though higher watts does certainly mean higher volume, the only actual way to compare the volume output of any two amps is to measure the decibels they produce, for each amp, or type of amp, may have a different "efficiency".

It's just like the fact that light bulbs are described per wattage, but the brightness of light is actually measure in "lumens". That's why a the new compact fluorescent light bulb listed as 15w (power consumed) puts out the same light as an old style 60w incandescent bulb (950 lumens).
If you start a reply with: I have never played one but I have heard good things about it! Your opinion is invalid.
^^
Great thanks Boxcar! So in a nutshell, a tube amp uses less power to put out the same or more volume(decibels)

Like 50 watts tube is less power than 100 watts SS, but tube is more "potent" so it has a higher db level?

Thanks again!
Origonally Posted by Lauke_101
And you're right

Gibson>Moog>KJL>Homebrew 2x12

Saving 4 any one of these:
Soldano Hot Rod
Splawn (anything)
Laney GH50L
Cornford Roadhouse
Marshall JCM2000
KJL 4x12 to match KJL head
There are a few reasons. Tube produce more harmonic overtones so they sound louder. Two, they sound better overdriven so they sound better turned up. SS amps sound like crap turned up really loud, so you aren't as likely to be cranking one.
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not