Well, i want a new guitar and decided to start saving up, and so between now and about 3 months, i will decide on what guitar to get.

My budget being <$1000, and most preferably <$900 this is of course browsing the used market.

Things im looking at are the fallowing specs:
no floyd or tremolo
would prefer 24 frets
would want a neck-through
ebony fret board (or maple, or rose wood, but like ebony)
2 pups, doesn't matter much if active or passive.(If passive, a good out put would be nice, and i dont really want to swap them out)
A unique looking guitar, not strat style.

Some of the guitars i have been looking at:
Jackson RR5
Esp ec-1000 (in purple)
Ibanez ic-400
Dean Black Gold series, V/ML/Z
IC-400 only has 22 frets

But i still say that one, because i love mine.

Maybe a pickup swap, but nothing that really NEEDS to be swapped, pickups arent bad.

Actually i quite like the used gibson V idea
Last edited by marko'd at Jan 8, 2009,
Not the biggest fan of Gibson, and as for the c-1 classic, i really enjoyed the guitar when i played it, but i just don't want to get a strat shape guitar
For that kinda spec, Take a good look at BC Rich - They have tons of guitars with 24 frets, Fixed Bridges and If I remember, they practically pioneered neck-thru techniques. On top of this, they do some of the most distinctive guitars Ive seen - Have a look at the warbeasts/warlocks and Draco.
Otherwise, Try out the Dean '79 series, Ive found them to be great for a huge range of styles, and look awesome. Bear in mind though, they're only set neck with 22 frets.
Schecter avenger hellraiser or some hellraiser model that isn't a C-1 maybe? The EC-1000 is a really nice choice as well.

WARNING!: THIS USER HAS BEEN KNOWN TO BE AN OPINIONATED ASS. ALWAYS USE CAUTION WHEN READING POSTS AND NEVER USE NEAR AN OPEN FLAME.USE ONLY AS DIRECTED.KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN.

RR5 or the EC1000 from your list
Bands:
Native State
A Titan, A Deity
Rash L.A

Gear:
PRS P245 Semi Hollow
Suhr Modern Guthrie Spec
Mayones Regius 7 Buckeye Burl
LSL CVS Studio Strat
Fender American Standard Tele
Faith Hi Gloss Venus

Mesa Lonestar Special
Bugera 333
Zilla 2x12 Fatboy
Line 6 PodHD500

ESP LTD F-400FM

* Set-Thru
* 25.5” Scale
* Mahogany Body
* Flamed Maple Top
* Maple Neck
* Rosewood Fingerboard
* 42mm Earvana Compensated Nut
* Extra Thin U Neck Contour
* 24 XJ Frets
* Black Nickel Hardware
* Grover Tuners
* TOM Bridge
* EMG 81 (B&N) Active p.u.
* Finish: STBLK

Basically its everything youre looking for, and its like £500 so within your price range.

I'd buy it if it had a more sensible shape, but you dont want a sensible shape, so itd be awesome.
Last edited by EndTheRapture51 at Jan 10, 2009,
I love Ibanez's, so my vote is for the ic-400. The ic-400 is a solid guitar, quality, tone, and playability-wise.
You and I are mortal, but rock n roll will never die.
Maby a Jackson or Esp custom shop?? I don't really like esp custom shop because adding your own graphic to the guitar adds 1000$ and your or graphic frets is another 1000$ making a guitar with what your want might cost 1000$ custom.
Quote by Telestar
http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Schecter-C1-Classic-Electric-Guitar?sku=513072
This is what my next guitar will be, and besides the shape I think it's almost exactly what you listed.

Honestly, I'd go with the C-1+ instead of the C-1 Classic.
Although the pickups are Duncan designed, they have tighter tone than the JB/59
And it's body is lighter and thinner than all the other C-1's

Just compare 'em in person and you'll see.
I had my heart set on C-1 Classic before, until I compared the 2 at Guitar Center