i just went out and bought a pack of elixir strings cause i broke my G string for the millionth time while trying to tune it to an A and i took my time tuneing it makeing sure i didnt go to fast i sorta tested thestring every time i moved it i got it so my g was flat and snap

is there any other strings i can use to get the same sound as the G cause i have like 5 packs of strings with just the g string missing if i had to geuss i think wouldnt the a string tune to it?
Quote by hellforgother
try using a thong if the g strings keep snapping

lolz

someone had to

lol
Take those elixirs back to the store and complain. I mean, I hate elixirs and they break a lot, but they shouldn't have snapped that fast. I gurantee if you go back and complain you will most likely get a free set of strings. Also, don;t bother wasting 20 bucks on a pack of Elixirs. Buy some $10 D'addario's and you're set.
Quote by Silverstein14
Take those elixirs back to the store and complain. I mean, I hate elixirs and they break a lot, but they shouldn't have snapped that fast. I gurantee if you go back and complain you will most likely get a free set of strings. Also, don;t bother wasting 20 bucks on a pack of Elixirs. Buy some $10 D'addario's and you're set.

I've bought 2 packets of Elixirs in the past and they had a string missing, lesson learnt: don't buy Elixirs and check packets if possible, lol.

I usue Martin Light Phosphor Bronze, .12-.52 now.
Quote by hellforgother
try using a thong if the g strings keep snapping

lolz

someone had to

lol I was expecting someone to say that.. hahaha
Quote by Eight_Ball
I've bought 2 packets of Elixirs in the past and they had a string missing, lesson learnt: don't buy Elixirs and check packets if possible, lol.

I usue Martin Light Phosphor Bronze, .12-.52 now.

I've bought Elixir nanowebs around 5 times and they've all had every string in the pack and lasted through much daily playing for months.
Everyone's experiences are different.
Also, you guys did notice that he was tuning the strings up to A right? Depending on what gauge you bought, tuning them up higher than standard may not work out. It also seems kind of retarded that you kept buying whole sets of strings just to get one string. I mean I've done it when I had to, but that was because I was stringing my electrics up for an extra low tuning that needed a bass string because I couldn't find the single size anywhere around me+I had a bass to put the extra strings on.
Buy a different gauge. Singles if necessary.
Brigardier of the Seven String E.R.G. Legion
Fiddles
Ibby RG7321 lundgren M7 bridge, blaze7 neck
Ibby AX7521
Ibby RT452
Ibby RGIR20FE
Peedahls
I'll get back to you.
Heeds
Crate GT3500h
Sunn Concert PA
Crabs
Peavey 2x12
^-- Yes. You are aware that you can buy single strings, right? Don't buy a whole pack of strings over and over and over when it's the same string that keeps breaking.

Also, what gauge are you using? I personally don't like Elixirs, partly because I have a terrible time with them breaking. Unless you are going back and forth constantly between G and A, that shouldn't break your string.

Try a different brand of strings and see how it works. If it still breaks, you probably have a problem on your guitar. Does the string break in the same place every time? Check your tuning peg, nut, saddle, and bridge pin. Make sure there aren't sharp or worn spots that are causing the string to snap.