does any one know of any free songwriting software for mac?
You Are Now Aware Of Your Own Breathing
Quote by freedoms_stain

The great thing is it's cross platform!

Does not compute...
*head explodes*
Quote by Chrisiphone
Oh wow this is a guitar forum!
Quote by JacobTheMe

Karvid is sexy

Quote by KAS1981
Why is it that some folks quote praise from other members in their sig lines?
Its lame.
Quote by freedoms_stain

The great thing is it's cross platform!

+1023082193809
1. You're surfing the internet.
2. You're browsing through the UG forums.
3. You're reading now.
5. You didn't notice that there was no #4.
6. You just checked it.
7. Now you're having a lil smile.

Quote by hawk_kst
You Sir, have the best signature like ever!
haha very funny but can anyone not see the value of having some software with like a rhyme dictionary and chords and keys on a laptop?

i mean when the inspiration hits in the middle of class it would be nice to just pull up the app and put the notes on a staff or jot down some lyrics ya know?
Quote by conquistador
haha very funny but can anyone not see the value of having some software with like a rhyme dictionary and chords and keys on a laptop?

i mean when the inspiration hits in the middle of class it would be nice to just pull up the app and put the notes on a staff or jot down some lyrics ya know?

Then get Guitar Pro, it's perfect for that. You can get it illegaly for free, and it will break your Mac, and you can buy it legally, which will not break your Mac.
The guy who posted the paper actually had a point. What are you hoping this software is going to do? Write the song for you?
Guitars
Vintage V100HB

Amps
Roland Cube 20X

Effects/Other
Ibanez TS-7 Tubescreamer, Boss DS-1
Quote by Sloshos
The guy who posted the paper actually had a point. What are you hoping this software is going to do? Write the song for you?

no just give me better tools to realize whats in my head and get those ideas on paper so i dont forget the music that was in my mind when i wrote down the words.
Quote by conquistador
no just give me better tools to realize whats in my head and get those ideas on paper so i dont forget the music that was in my mind when i wrote down the words.
Then take your guitar, get a mic, and record it.
Quote by conquistador

You dont make sense.
I dont think you yourself know what you want this software to achieve...
I've been here since '04.

Quote by freedoms_stain
Then take your guitar, get a mic, and record it.

im just saying like in the park or on the train if inspration hits i would like to jot down lyrics and melody and save them in one document that is easy to find and organize

it looks like guitar pro will do that for me and i greatly appreciate the one person who suggested it and took my question seriously
Take a tape recorder around with you and hum the melody?
Guitars
Vintage V100HB

Amps
Roland Cube 20X

Effects/Other
Ibanez TS-7 Tubescreamer, Boss DS-1
Quote by NFFC_1865
You dont make sense.
I dont think you yourself know what you want this software to achieve...

when i go back and read that post i realize what i said was pretty poorly worded but i think i summed up what i want from the software in my last post.
Quote by sadistic_monkey
Learn music theory?

im in my 3rd semester of music theory

is anyone familiar with the program finale? or finale songwriter?

EDIT: i think finale songwriters gonna be perfect for what i was looking for.

any of you who still dont have a damn clue what im talking about go look up to program and youll see why songwriters like it are actually useful.
Last edited by conquistador at Jan 8, 2009,
Quote by IUseAPurplePick
I'm sure Google would have no answers at all for you.

it actually didnt really bring up much it kept taking me to songwriting institutions and things like that. and if i did find any software t was all for windows and poorly made
Quote by conquistador
im in my 3rd semester of music theory

is anyone familiar with the program finale? or finale songwriter?

EDIT: i think finale songwriters gonna be perfect for what i was looking for.

any of you who still dont have a damn clue what im talking about go look up to program and youll see why songwriters like it are actually useful.

Finale is great, but it can be a major pain in the ass to use (it has a pretty steep learning curve) I'm not sure about the Songwriter version though.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm