So I have decided to save up for a cornford but not sure which one to get I was looking at the roadhouse 30 (has PCB) which is £735 or the Cornford Hurricane (handwired) which is £1075. I would prefer the roadhouse but does handwired amps sound any better than a PCB?

Cheers
Quote by Led Zeppelin45
So I have decided to save up for a cornford but not sure which one to get I was looking at the roadhouse 30 (has PCB) which is £735 or the Cornford Hurricane (handwired) which is £1075. I would prefer the roadhouse but does handwired amps sound any better than a PCB?

Cheers

Hand wired point-to-point amps are easier to diagnose & repair, but lots of high-end amps have PCBs-Soldano, Bogner, Fuchs Audio to name a few.

Try a Cornford RK100 if you can before you buy anything. One of the best amps I've ever tried, but unfortunately, virtually impossible to find in the USA.
Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH
Riffhog for President

Quote by Cathbard
There's no point apologising for your feet smelling when there's a 300lb gorilla in the room taking a crap on the couch.

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2011
Not to mention sturdier (handwired p2p), I've got one of those and they are built with longevity in mind. A great investment, especially if you are a hobbyist or someone with a steady job, you'll be keeping this thing for ages, and in case you didn't like it they would also sell faster & for more than anything else.
I love music, if music would be a girl then I'd date her, until then let's get back on Earth
try them both, if you can. i haven't tried the roadhouses yet, but from what i hear, they sound a bit different to the handwired ones, so you may prefer one or the other. also, the handwired ones have quite a unique tone too, i like it (a lot, struggling with GAS for a carrera/hurricane myself ), but a lot of people aren't fussed and think they're just very dark-sounding. seems to be love/hate... they can also get quite modern-sounding and have quite a bit of gain, so again a lot of the vintage guys who don't like master volumes etc. aren't too fussed...

I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
I've decided i'm going to get the Cornford Carrera which is £914.
Last edited by Led Zeppelin45 at Jan 10, 2009,
^ where have you seen one for £914?
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
^ yeah, you guys in australia seem to get the short end of the stick. it's bad enough here in the UK, but at least some of the stuff is made here, so we get half-decent prices on those...

Quote by Led Zeppelin45

ah, ok, thanks. that's the cheapest i've found it too. i had a £100 off ebay voucher a while back, and i tried to use it to buy that carrera, but as my paypal isn't verified, that was over the sending limit. was a bit annoyed... and now it means i'm not too keen to pay the full price...
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Led Zeppelin45

Cheers

Absolutely not. It all depends on quality of the components and workmanship. Not pcb vs ptp wiring. Anyone who tells you otherwise is a dumbass.
Baron K2 SE 120
MILLS 4x12 Afterburner
Eventide TimeFactor Delays
ISP Pro Rack G Noise Suppressor
BKP Warpig pickups