I wanna write some lyrics and I want to have maybe 1-2 songs from influences from a book or two.

If you know any good books for inspiration please name them. This is for METAL not for some sissy EMO ****, so it shouldn't be fairy tales.

I like bands like Metallica, Pantera, Slayer, Megadeth, Maiden, Sabbath, Death etc.

Thanks 'n Bye!
rather gay that you don't like fairy tales. It can be an outstanding literary genre. But ofcourse you are metal. Being properly educated doesn't fit into your image.
If you want to read lean-mean hardcore ****in books go read some horrors or something. or the Bernini mysterie. I have no clue. I don't know any english books anyway.
a lot of metal bands (Iron Maiden) used fantasy/fairy tales for lyrical ideas

and I'm willing to bet you have ABSOLUTELY no idea what Emo is, but whatever

try Slaughterhouse 5 by Kurt Vonnegut
Top 15:
Neutral Milk Hotel
Smashing Pumpkins
Placebo
Elliott Smith
Devendra Banhart
Pavement
Anberlin
Eve 6
The Clash
Imogen Heap
Ingrid Michaelson
Bayside
Minus The Bear
The Replacements
Bright Eyes/Conor Oberst
rather gay that you don't like fairy t-

I'm sure the rest of your post is very interesting, but I tend to ignore bigots unfortunately.

H.P Lovecraft has a lot of tributes in Metal. Metallica, Nile, Cradle Of Filth.. he's the man for ancient, nameless cosmic horrors (if you don't mind a hearty does of racism..).

Although, I wouldn't just hunt out books for inspiration, rather the other way around; enjoy the book, and think "F*ck me, I have to write a song about this.

Other guys you should check out, however, would be George R.R. Martin, J.R.R. Tolkien (durr Jam, of course), Dan Abnett and Frank Herbert ("Without a stillsuit you would fry /On the sands so hot and dry/In a world called Arrakis!" says Steve Harris, apparently).

Also, you could check out the artwork of Giger (Alien designer) and Beksinski for inspiration too.
Call me Batman.
Last edited by J.A.M at Jan 8, 2009,
A thesaurus.

Just ask Alex Webster.
Quote by MetalOblivion93
The Philosopher = Smart
The Philosopher = Win

Quote by sashki
Slayer wrote a negative song about you because you considered the possibility of them writing a positive song.

JOIN THE PS3 ALLIANCE GROUP
House of Leaves by Mark Z. Danielewski. Although I think Isis already wrote an album about it, the book is outstanding and should be read by any serious reader.